ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>RIP - Matt 'Guitar' Murphy
Baby Lee 05:51 AM 06-16-2018
Wonder if St. Peter let him carry in his loaf of dry toast and 4 whole fried chickens past the Pearly Gates?

Let's boogey. . .
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 AM 06-16-2018
The dude could play. I'd heard his work before Blues brothers. The man had talent. RIP.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:34 AM 06-16-2018
He played with lots of Chicago and St. Louis greats including Muddy Waters, Memphis Slim, Otis Rush, Ike and Tina Turner and Chuck Berry. Great bluesman, didn't think he was that old. He was the same age as my dad, born in 1929!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-at-88-w521611
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:46 AM 06-16-2018
He played a show here in Omaha (I wasn't able to go). My brother worked at a Western Auto in Council Bluffs Iowa right across the river. Matt pulls in with his van, needed some work or something. My brother said he was really cool, and invited my brother and one of his co-workers to the show. It was at a place called McKenna's Booze Blues and BBQ. When my brother got there, he paid to get in and ordered a beer, and Matt walks up to him, thanks him for coming, insists on buying the beer and tells the guy at the door to refund their money, these guys were his special guests. Really nice guy according to my brother. RIP.
[Reply]
Up