ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
DO you even read?

Originally Posted by :
Diane: Surely a man of your age and experience must have read some of the things on my list. What about Macbeth?

Thornton: I saw the movie. Orson Welles. Great actor, big actor. He was a Tall and Fat customer for years.

Diane: How about Cat On A Hot Tin Roof?

Thornton: I saw the movie. Burl Ives. Great actor, extra stout. He was a customer, too.

Diane: A Streetcar Named Desire.

Thornton: Great movie. Marlon Brando. He wasn't that big then, but he ballooned up nicely. I'd say, pound for pound, our finest American actor.

Diane: Don't you ever read?

Thornton: Who has time? I see the movie. I'm in and out in two hours.

Diane: Oh, Thornton, don't you see? The reason you want to read these works is so you can experience them for yourself, so you can share the thoughts and feelings of the writer, without the interference of your actor and director and professor's point of view getting in the way. To truly share and understand the common feelings of all mankind, the feelings of being alive.

[Reply]
lewdog 11:19 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Trust me i know. But i wouldn't trade the times. Money can be made any time.
True and we all need balance. Sitting on a pile of money and doing nothing with it sure isn't smart either.

But the single worst thing you can do to your adult children is make them support you financially.

And trust me, when you get old and can't take care of yourself, you do not want to see the kinds of choices of nursing home facilities you get when you are on Medicaid through the state's care.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up