ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Heredity (2018)
BlackOp 11:07 PM 03-04-2018
Saw the trailer for this before Annihilation...looked pretty great for the genre. Reviews have been great too...horror is hard to pull off.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:42 PM 03-04-2018
Heard good things. Something about this being the kind of scary that sticks with you. Instead of a jump scare, you go into the world afterwards scared to figure out the meaning of life, or something like that.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:08 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Heard good things. Something about this being the kind of scary that sticks with you. Instead of a jump scare, you go into the world afterwards scared to figure out the meaning of life, or something like that.
I'll have to to see it first...it takes a lot to #1. Make me believe whatever they are trying to sell is really happening. #2 Make me care enough to invest in the characters...
[Reply]
Fish 11:18 AM 03-05-2018
That little girl is creepy as hell...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:37 AM 03-05-2018
Def wanna see this when I can. Looks like a good one!
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:47 AM 06-14-2018
Going to see this today.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:55 AM 06-14-2018
I am not trying to discourage you from seeing it but the wife and I saw it and it was pretty fucking boring. It probably took over an hour just to have some cohesive type of plot start to form. Then the rest of it was just meh.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:54 AM 06-14-2018
Saw it. It's been overhyped as scary. It's not...more disturbing and shocking at times....but definitely not "the scariest movie ever". Very slow with an ending that doesn't reward you for hanging in there. Toni Collete, however, was phenomenal. She was a giant on the screen at times and I enjoyed her performance.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:02 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I am not trying to discourage you from seeing it but the wife and I saw it and it was pretty ****ing boring. It probably took over an hour just to have some cohesive type of plot start to form. Then the rest of it was just meh.
You're being way to kind,this movie was a steaming pile of shit,I almost left 2 times but it was 95 outside and i thought **** it let's see where my $10 takes me.

Honestly as a movie buff that has seen countless movies this may rank in my top 10 of worst ever seen.Save your money and your time!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:58 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
You're being way to kind,this movie was a steaming pile of shit,I almost left 2 times but it was 95 outside and i thought **** it let's see where my $10 takes me.

Honestly as a movie buff that has seen countless movies this may rank in my top 10 of worst ever seen.Save your money and your time!!
That's unfortunate to hear - try this one, next weekend!

Look up that last trailer I dropped in my Horror Movies You May Have Missed thread. That one is coming out next weekend IIRC.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:37 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:

Well this was my review as well but my wife kind of liked it. So I went with the in between. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:36 AM 06-20-2018
I was disappointed...poor pacing in the middle and borrowed too much from Rosemary's Baby (which is one of my favorites). It definitely had some creepy moments...it was over-hyped.

It freaked a lot people out in the audience...that was the best part.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:39 PM 07-03-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I was disappointed...poor pacing in the middle and borrowed too much from Rosemary's Baby (which is one of my favorites). It definitely had some creepy moments...it was over-hyped.

It freaked a lot people out in the audience...that was the best part.
I thought it was VERY VERY well done. Perhaps one of the best ones I've seen in a while - If I don't want to re-watch it - that's a good indicator it freaked me out. I talked more about how I felt in the Horror Movie thread.
[Reply]
Up