ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 108
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:37 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude has 4 INT’s this year. His ability to take the ball makes him an upgrade over Breeland IMO.
He cost a lot though. Need that money if they want to keep Jones (which seems like the plan)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:38 PM 10-28-2019
Why are we keeping Jones?? Also Ward needs a extension end of next year
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:41 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He cost a lot though. Need that money if they want to keep Jones (which seems like the plan)
We also only have 2 CBs under contract for next year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:43 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's on IR and in the last year of his contract. The **** do you think?
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We also only have 2 CBs under contract for next year.
WARD AND FENTON ARE THE FUTURE!!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:48 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Why are we keeping Jones?? Also Ward needs a extension end of next year
We are ONLY keeping Chris Jones because he is physic. He predicted the CHIEFS would be in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME last January after the previous season. CJ knows what most can't even comprehend.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 10-28-2019
This. I mean wtf do some of you expect?
We have 3 losses in hand, fellas.

You think we're going 6-2 down the stretch? Even that kind of finish leaves us at 11-5; a good but by no means spectacular record. And that's probably the BEST we can manage over that period.

This isn't a statement that the sky is falling - it's that we already have 3 losses and the ceiling for the regular season has fallen accordingly.

So stop just trying to round every damn draft pick we have into the following round. It didn't make sense at any point and it makes even less sense now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:50 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You think we're going 6-2 down the stretch? Even that kind of finish leaves us at 11-5; a good but by no means spectacular record. And that's probably the BEST we can manage over that period.

This isn't a statement that the sky is falling - it's that we already have 3 losses and the ceiling for the regular season has fallen accordingly.

So stop just trying to round every damn draft pick we have into the following round. It didn't make sense at any point and it makes even less sense now.
Not disputing your overall point but 11-5 is going to be the 2 seed in all likelihood. It’ll just come down to tiebreakers from there.

So there’s a real chance that KC picks in the bottom 4 of the round. And if they have Mahomes, I’d probably bet on it. Regardless of seed.
[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 10-28-2019

Gonna finish 8-0. Mahomes gets a back to back mvp, chiefs end up with the 1 seed

Just watch
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 10-28-2019
Dude has 4 INT’s this year. His ability to take the ball makes him an upgrade over Breeland IMO.
Jenkins was a boom/bust, gambler of a CB at his apex. He was a poor man's Peters - would pick a ball off then get roasted 2 drives later.

Now he's simply a worse version of that same style of player. Yes, he's going to make some plays - but in the biggest games of our season, you don't really have to squint to see him turning in one of those "Dunta Robinson vs. the Colts" kind of performances.

He gives up a lot of plays; takes a bunch of Ls in coverage. I think the Chiefs need a guy who's going to go out there and be reliable more than they need a splashy, boom/bust addition, especially at the cost of $5 million in next season's rollover. I'll trade a W on a rep for 3 neutral plays every time if it saves 2 Ls in the process.

Many of us have been complaining about this defenses lack of cohesion and predictably solid players for the better part of 2-3 seasons. What they need are guys that just do what they're supposed to do so the other 10 players on the field can concentrate on doing their jobs. Inserting someone like Jenkins, who's a blown coverage waiting to happen on any given play, will only interfere with that, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:53 PM 10-28-2019

I was talking more about Mecca’s doom and gloom post, not yours.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:54 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gonna finish 8-0. Mahomes gets a back to back mvp, chiefs end up with the 1 seed

Just watch
YEEESSSSSS!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:55 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I bet Elway bites on this !!:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Not disputing your overall point but 11-5 is going to be the 2 seed in all likelihood. It’ll just come down to tiebreakers from there.

So there’s a real chance that KC picks in the bottom 4 of the round. And if they have Mahomes, I’d probably bet on it. Regardless of seed.
Perhaps.

But it requires a 6-2 finish to even get there. 10-6 is a distinct possibility and wouldn't require a heinous stretch to happen; a merely solid 5-3 finish puts us drafting in the 24 range, does it not? Though I think it'll take 12-4 to get to the 2 seed personally, especially with the losses to Houston and Indy.

I'm just saying that we need to stop acting like this is the team that some of us had going 14-2 a few weeks ago. That ship has sailed and it can't come back. Adjust accordingly.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:01 PM 10-28-2019
T-minus 23 hours to the deadline....tick, tick, tick.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:01 PM 10-28-2019
Houston isn’t getting to 12-4... I don’t see Baltimore getting there either with their schedule.

Basically it’s up to Indy. They might but that’s just not a team I fear come playoff time. Maybe that makes me a fool, I think we blow them up pretty good if the offensive weapons are all up.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 108
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up