ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How many players on defense are good (need to be retained next year)
ILChief 06:17 PM 10-15-2018
Houston is broke and probably won't be back (without a massive pay cut)
Berry will be technically on the team but you can't count on him actually playing

I was really excited about the ILBs this year with Hitchens and Ragland but they've been a disaster

Fuller is OK. Scandrick has played better than expected. Nelson is a flag machine

Ford is having his best year in a contract year of course

They cut Parker once and he didn't learn how to tackle during his cup of coffee in Atlanta

The d-line separately seems good in Jones, Bailey, and Nnadi. But collectively they're getting run on

DL: Jones, Nnadi, Bailey
LB: Speaks, Hitchens, ???, Ford/KPass
CB: Fuller, ???, ???
S: ???, ??? (I like the Lucas guy in limited snaps)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:31 PM 10-15-2018
If we can get Houston and Berry back at the end of the year that's really all we need .I know it sucks now but our O can carry us till then. Just be patient.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:37 PM 10-15-2018
Not a goddamn one of them.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:19 PM 10-15-2018
I think you have to retain Houston for one more year and tag Ford. With this offense we're going to need pass rushers.

Plug in new guy's at other spots, particularly a spot or two on the DL, ILB2, S and CB2/3.

Too much to fix in one offseason, honestly.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:22 PM 10-15-2018
Dee Ford is performing in his contract year, if you pay him you will regret it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:00 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dee Ford is performing in his contract year, if you pay him you will regret it.
LIKE EVERY SINGLE ROYALS AND CHIEFS PLAYER EVER.

Right? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me a big contract player that has worked for a KC team.

....and I know we shouldn't judge the future on the past... but my goodness the KC teams have sucked ass at big contracts. Lets actually take a page from the Patriots book on this and only extend Mahomes. (and Hill)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:05 PM 10-15-2018
Even in his good year he's still a one trick pony.
[Reply]
threebag 09:29 PM 10-15-2018
Kpass is a keeper
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Kpass is a keeper
Speaks looked better last night than KPass ever has. That's saying something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think you have to retain Houston for one more year and tag Ford. With this offense we're going to need pass rushers.

Plug in new guy's at other spots, particularly a spot or two on the DL, ILB2, S and CB2/3.

Too much to fix in one offseason, honestly.
If they keep drafting like they have on defense, they'll waste Mahomes' entire career looking for fixes.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:39 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Speaks looked better last night than KPass ever has. That's saying something.
He thinks Alex Smith is an elite QB, you're evaluation of Bob Sutton puts any of his evaluations to shame. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:46 PM 10-15-2018
I would give Ford a contract that’s heavy on incentives with a super low base pay. I would mostly have it based on games he appears in. If he’s hurt, he makes less. If he won’t accept that deal, let his ass walk.

I don’t get why some people like Bailey. He looks the part and makes the occasional impressive play, but he sure disappears frequently. It’s not like he’s just occupying doubles either, because our run D sucks.

Jones is another enigma. A ton of talent and fire, but also disappears. I wouldn’t pay him big money either when he’s due.

Fuller needs to be a slot corner only. Scandrick and Nelson can go.

Jordan Lucas looks like decent depth. I liked Watts flashes until he got hurt.

Cut Berry and Houston whenever it makes the most financial sense. I’d rather have that money split up into 4-5 good players than tied up in 2 great players who can’t stay healthy. I appreciate what they’ve done, but this is a business.

I’m not ready to give up on Hitchens and Ragland quite yet. Something doesn’t seem right with how bad they’ve looked. I’d try them under another DC first.

Not enough info yet to make a good call on Kpassagnon, Speaks, Xavier Williams, O’Daniel, and Nieman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would give Ford a contract that’s heavy on incentives with a super low base pay. I would mostly have it based on games he appears in. If he’s hurt, he makes less. If he won’t accept that deal, let his ass walk.

I don’t get why some people like Bailey. He looks the part and makes the occasional impressive play, but he sure disappears frequently. It’s not like he’s just occupying doubles either, because our run D sucks.

Jones is another enigma. A ton of talent and fire, but also disappears. I wouldn’t pay him big money either when he’s due.

Fuller needs to be a slot corner only. Scandrick and Nelson can go.

Jordan Lucas looks like decent depth. I liked Watts flashes until he got hurt.

Cut Berry and Houston whenever it makes the most financial sense. I’d rather have that money split up into 4-5 good players than tied up in 2 great players who can’t stay healthy. I appreciate what they’ve done, but this is a business.

I’m not ready to give up on Hitchens and Ragland quite yet. Something doesn’t seem right with how bad they’ve looked. I’d try them under another DC first.

Not enough info yet to make a good call on Kpassagnon, Speaks, Xavier Williams, O’Daniel, and Nieman.
The only play I really disagree on is Ragland. He can leave tonight for all I care.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:49 PM 10-15-2018
Bye Ragland.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they keep drafting like they have on defense, they'll waste Mahomes' entire career looking for fixes.
Let's hope we don't turn into the new age Saints and Packers.

Well.. I'll take a Super Bowl at least, but I think we could win multiple with Pat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Let's hope we don't turn into the new age Saints and Packers.

Well.. I'll take a Super Bowl at least, but I think we could win multiple with Pat.
I question whether or not they can even win one at this point, let alone multiple.

I love Patrick Mahomes but he's not Jesus and this defense needs more than healing, it needs to be raised from the dead.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up