ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Through six games, the Chiefs are the worst defense ever measured in yards allowed
Shag 05:28 PM 10-15-2018
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ense-is-great/

Originally Posted by :
Through six games, the Chiefs are the worst defense ever measured in yards allowed. They’ve yielded 2,809 yards, or 468.2 per game, and are on pace for 7,491 yards allowed over the full season. That would smash the record set by the 2012 Saints, the only team in history to give up more than 7,000 yards. No team that’s allowed even 6,600 yards in a season has ever finished with a winning record.

[Reply]
petegz28 06:33 PM 10-15-2018
Sutton can add that to his owning 2 of the 4 biggest leads blown in playoff games....

But it's not Sutton.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:34 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Sutton can add that to his owning 2 of the 4 biggest leads blown in playoff games....

But it's not Sutton.....
Nobody has said it's not Sutton.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:43 PM 10-15-2018
With the new "rules", I think you'll see a spike across the board, if we haven't already.

...doesn't always equate to points. See Jax game.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:20 PM 10-15-2018
I remember the William Bartee dayze!
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:23 PM 10-15-2018
BOB SUTTON SUCKS
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:28 PM 10-15-2018
It is maddening to watch at times but we are also top 5 in 3rd down and the red zone. Those two are far more important than yards.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 PM 10-15-2018
Fucking horrible. G-Rob horrible. Gunther as a head coach horrible. Pioli managing a football franchise horrible. Listening to Herm talk football horrible. 10 additional years of Carl Petersen horrible. Dropping Derrick Thomas in to coverage horrible.
Horrible.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:37 PM 10-15-2018
Herman wouldn’t tolerate this arena league crap. He would bench Mahomes for Henne and run Ware up the centers ass all game for 2 yard gains.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:39 PM 10-15-2018
A bad combination of a terrible DC and defensive personnel that was seemingly hastily patched together right before the season began.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:52 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody has said it's not Sutton.
I hate Sutton, but I did say that 2.5 of the playoff losses were not his fault. While the defense played a part in the Indy loss, the Pittsburgh and Tennessee losses were 100% Reid's fault for refusing to run the ball. All Reid had to do, especially in the Tennessee game, was run the ball. Last year we had the league's leading rusher, and an 18 second half lead.

What did Reid do? He gave said League Rushing Champion 5 effing carries in the second half. WITH AN 18 POINT LEAD.

So, I hate Sutton, and I think he is an absolute shit football coach, if Reid didn't get barbecue lodged in his arteries, cutting off oxygen to his brain, we win those two home games.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:53 PM 10-15-2018
Q from last night.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:56 PM 10-15-2018
I know this defense ALSO gives up a lot of points, but why the fuck are basic defensive rankings based on yards and not points? I've always thought that was fucking bullshit.

If your team doesn't give up points, isn't it doing its job? If your defense gives up 500 yards in a game to an opposing team, but they hold them at the goal line or get turnovers on each of those drives and hold them to zero points, isn't that the fucking point of being a defense?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:00 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know this defense ALSO gives up a lot of points, but why the fuck are basic defensive rankings based on yards and not points? I've always thought that was fucking bullshit.

If your team doesn't give up points, isn't it doing its job? If your defense gives up 500 yards in a game to an opposing team, but they hold them at the goal line or get turnovers on each of those drives and hold them to zero points, isn't that the fucking point of being a defense?
One would think.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:29 PM 10-15-2018
Relax y'all. Berry is day to day
[Reply]
Coach 10:45 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I understand where you're coming from in terms of yards and points. You're correct that if your team doesn't give up points, it is doing its job, but if you're giving up that many yardage, then that tells me that they're on the field way too long than they should be (depending on the circumstances) and not getting the ball back to the offense sooner than they should.

The Chiefs are 32nd in the NFL in giving up yardage, and if they were in the 15-20 range for points given up, they would be doing their jobs, thus, the definition of mediocre/below average. Unfortunately, that is not the case, because not only they're giving up a lot of yardage, they're also giving up points as well (they're 27th in the NFL in points given up).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up