ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you EXPECT to happen between now and the trade deadline?
UChieffyBugger 05:10 PM 10-15-2018
We all know what the issues are, but with two weeks till the deadline, what do yall expect to see from Veach and co? Does he stand pat and pray that Berry and Dirty Dan can fix things and Ragland/Hitchens will come good? Or does he throw caution to the wind and make some serious moves?

Personally, I'd be utterly disgusted If they contrive to stand pat. But I guess every buyer needs a willing seller, so we're just gonna have to hope that deals can be made.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:41 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist:
Let's going!!!
We gone get gotted
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:46 PM 10-15-2018
I expect that Veach will not make any roster moves, outside of maybe pulling people from our own practice squad.

Mahomes will drop 44 on whoever comes to Arrowhead, and we will lose 47-44.

When Veach is questioned as to why he didn't make a move to help the defense, he will say "As an organization we had this as a rebuilding year before the season started, and we felt like we needed to keep our draft picks."

That's what I expect.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I expect that Veach will not make any roster moves, outside of maybe pulling people from our own practice squad.

Mahomes will drop 44 on whoever comes to Arrowhead, and we will lose 47-44.

When Veach is questioned as to why he didn't make a move to help the defense, he will say "As an organization we had this as a rebuilding year before the season started, and we felt like we needed to keep our draft picks."

That's what I expect.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Pretty much what I expect as well. :-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:51 PM 10-15-2018
Wouldn’t you trade your whole draft this year for a chance at a ring?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:56 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Nothing.

Then if anything happens i can be happy. Unless it's a shitty player or we give up way too much.

I would think anyone giving us anything of value is going to want double its worth at this point.

We're desperate

I second this comment. Nuttin.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:01 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Wouldn’t you trade your whole draft this year for a chance at a ring?
I’d Ricky Williams that **** immediately!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:04 PM 10-15-2018
No rumblings are out there. This isn't MLB...
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:06 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Need 2 ILB’s 2 safeties at least 1 corner and a pass rusher.

We be screwed. I hope Mahomes can drop 40 every week.
To become a very good defense? Probably. We don't even need that. We just need a below average one. Sadly, even that seems a mile away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
No rumblings are out there. This isn't MLB...
You said the same thing about Earl Thomas and that was absolutely in the works...
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:08 PM 10-15-2018
The only thing that gives me some semblance of hope is how close we supposedly were to getting Earl Thomas. That being said, I’m not gonna hold my breath.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:12 PM 10-15-2018
Chief's finally fire Bob and bring in Patches.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:14 PM 10-15-2018
There's gotta be some aging veterans on bad teams who are still producing that we can get for cheap.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:33 AM 10-16-2018
I expect Veach to make some kind of trade. This team has a window with Mahomes on his rookie contract and have to take advantage of that. Also, the offense is elite and not all making big money, so that’s another reason. They’re also healthy at the playmakers spot. Next year or the year after they may not be. You have to strike while the iron is hot IMO.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:41 AM 10-16-2018
CJ Spiller?

In all seriousness, Veach is aggressive and can't be happy with what he's seeing. I think he'll make a trade for some DB help - just not sure about the caliber of player.

I'm fine rolling the dice and sacrificing some of our future for this season. Our window may be open for 10yrs or it may not be. I'm in favoring of going full throttle if he doesn't think Berry is coming back this season (which is now the default assumption).
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:04 AM 10-16-2018
If Veach is going to do something, I’m not sure what he is waiting for. Sure, prices might drop over the next two weeks, but is that more valuable than the time for new players to gel? I’d rather trade a 3rd for the right player and get them worked in ASAP vs spending a 5th and having less chemistry.

Or in the case of someone like a Peterson, that price is never going down, if anything it’ll go up as more teams become interested and create a bidding war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up