ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:59 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So stating obvious facts is being a hater? Whether they can actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt is not clear, but it's obvious to anyone who isn't a complete homer that a lot of shady and likely illegal (against NCAA rules) activities have been going on at a number of NCAA schools, including Kansas. You don't have to be a hater to know that Kansas has a long history of breaking the rules and getting away with it.
That limb your standing on is about to break, might want to head for something more sturdy.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:16 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX4Chiefs:
Says the Mizzou fan who still believes Ricky Clemmons was "framed". :-)
I don't really follow basketball and I don't even remember what he got in trouble for, but I'm certain I never proclaimed his innocence.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:56 PM 10-15-2018
Death Penalty.
[Reply]
Bump 10-16-2018, 12:56 AM
This message has been deleted by Bump.
redfan 07:11 AM 10-16-2018
Why does college basketball have to be this way? School pride? The spirit of competition? Profit? We already have a pro league and a dev league.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:00 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I love the KU haters reading more into this then necessary
it is kind of like hearing KU homers saying "so, what is the big deal?"
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:21 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by redhed:
Why does college basketball have to be this way? School pride? The spirit of competition? Profit? We already have a pro league and a dev league.
Why do laborers who generate massive profits for their "employers" think they deserve a tiny fraction of what they produce?

Gosh. It's a real mystery.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:29 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Why do laborers who generate massive profits for their "employers" think they deserve a tiny fraction of what they produce?

Gosh. It's a real mystery.
Apples and Oranges...what is a KU tution, housing and meals program worth?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:30 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
no, no its not the same thing
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:31 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
no, no its not the same thing
:-) ok
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:02 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by MAG:
He definitely knew, idk how anyone can deny that. But I doubt there will be enough evidence to have anything come from it
Not enough evidence for a court conviction, but might be enough for the NCAA. Of course the NCAA has been losing power for a while now and their punishments have been held way back. I think they are afraid of upsetting the blue bloods in basketball and football.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:14 AM 10-16-2018
It's essentially worthless.

For the best players - the ones we are talking about here - it's far far less than their actual free market value.

For the poopy ones, the scrubs who sit at the end of KU's bench, it's still worthless (from the University perspective) since they're giving out free education instead of dollars. It costs them nothing to add a few students to the classrooms. The cost of food is about all they're out.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:17 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So this is damning?

Nowhere in the article does it say that Self or KU knew they were paying the kids. None of the texts show that either. Tell me how those texts are "damning". :-)
Their envy makes it so. Facts be damned.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by redhed:
Money.

And it isn’t just basketball. Football and baseball are the same way. It’s just basketball is far more convoluted with AAU, which is a joke.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:45 AM 10-16-2018
Depends on what degree you end up with.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:48 AM 10-16-2018
To their credit, I don't think any KU fans are saying "Our program's not dirty." They seem to be saying that they are just dirty because they need to be dirty in order to compete with other top programs.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up