ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:37 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Sean Miller is still coaching...

Nuff said.
Yep.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:40 PM 10-15-2018
He absolutely knew what was going on, just like he kept the Morris boys out of jail more than once.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:41 PM 10-15-2018
Man Al Bundy what an insider source you are
[Reply]
-King- 06:43 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, because then it won't be fair to mid major teams. Cap it at 100k. 99% of athletes won't get anything anyway - but it would be a huge advantage if it is out in the open for schools if it was unlimited. And tax it because if you don't - it's money laundering.
How is it not fair for mid majors? Players would still be able to earn money there.

And plus, if it was about fairness we shouldn't allow schools to have hundred million dollar facilities either. All schools should have the same facilities and there should also be a cap on how much coaches earn, etc.

And players would still have to report it as income and get taxed by the government so why should they get taxed by the NCAA also?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:21 PM 10-15-2018
wait the beaks are cheats

is water still wet too?
[Reply]
Pants 07:23 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah I didn’t see anything that implied he knew about money.

I mean. Yeah. He knows. But I don’t see anything that says he knew.
Exactly.

There's plausible deniability, but, maaaaannn... :-) It sure doesn't look good.

I think it does look pretty good for KU that Billy never played and that Deandre went to 'Zona, where we know for a fact he got paid $100k.
[Reply]
Pants 10-15-2018, 07:25 PM
This message has been deleted by Pants.
BWillie 07:28 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
How is it not fair for mid majors? Players would still be able to earn money there.

And plus, if it was about fairness we shouldn't allow schools to have hundred million dollar facilities either. All schools should have the same facilities and there should also be a cap on how much coaches earn, etc.

And players would still have to report it as income and get taxed by the government so why should they get taxed by the NCAA also?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not saying get taxed by NCAA. Just in general - that is part of the issue here. Taxman not getting their dough.

Kansas has way more wealthy boosters than say - College of Charelston or something.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:48 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Your hate is a known factor here, carry on.
So stating obvious facts is being a hater? Whether they can actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt is not clear, but it's obvious to anyone who isn't a complete homer that a lot of shady and likely illegal (against NCAA rules) activities have been going on at a number of NCAA schools, including Kansas. You don't have to be a hater to know that Kansas has a long history of breaking the rules and getting away with it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:55 PM 10-15-2018
There's no smoking gun here. Self and the other coaches can still easily maintain plausible deniability. KU will be fine.

But yeah, of course Self knows. All the coaches at this program (and all the programs) know how this game is played and all have no problem reaping the benefits of it. Such is NCAA D1 basketball.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:56 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So stating obvious facts is being a hater? Whether they can actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt is not clear, but it's obvious to anyone who isn't a complete homer that a lot of shady and likely illegal (against NCAA rules) activities have been going on at a number of NCAA schools, including Kansas. You don't have to be a hater to know that Kansas has a long history of breaking the rules and getting away with it.
You're either breaking rules or extremely lucky to be that successful for that long.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:00 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"I promise you I got this," Gassnola wrote. "I have never let you down. Except Dyondre lol. We will get it right."
Damn, that 100K payday might have stopped us from another title. Nike spends the big bucks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:03 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You're either breaking rules or extremely lucky to be that successful for that long.
They're all breaking the rules. Hell tiny ass schools break the rules.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:06 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I love the KU haters reading more into this then necessary
It's kinda like them trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They know it will work if they can trim the edges but finally realize they don't have the tools to do it and want to bitch about it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:26 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If he gets canned from KU I think he has a good chance at the Nub football job. Can't do any worse than Frost has.
"I love to coach basketball but uh but uh, it's time to restore the orrrrder"
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:52 PM 10-15-2018
I think anyone that follows the sport should be aware that this is how it works. And that's everywhere. High level players have a price. Coaches like Self can avoid any direct negotiations and allow the shoe reps to handle the dirty work. Only desperate idiots like Sean Miller or small-timers facilitate anything themselves.

I'm sure some of these coaches don't approve of this. But the alternative is watching Kentucky and Duke get every high profile recruit (which they basically do anyway). Then termination for not keeping up. Catch-22.

What cracks me up are the holier than thou moron fans of schools like Kentucky who actually believe their players aren't paid.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up