ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:29 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
"We aren't the first corrupt program so all corruption should be ignored" doesn't actually fly in the real world.
Your hate is a known factor here, carry on.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:29 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
No, the texts aren't damaging. People are having knee jerk reactions to click bait titles. SELF NEW!!!!! He knew what? That Adidas was trying to help get players to come to KU? Of course they were. They're an Adidas school. I'd be surprised if they didn't try to convince players to go to an Adidas school. There is nothing improper about that.

Adidas PAYING players to go to Adidas schools? Completely different story. And from that article, there is NOTHING showing that Bill Self or Kansas knew about Adidas paying players. There is nothing damning or incriminating in those texts.
Yeppers. :-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 04:30 PM 10-15-2018
Recruiting is shady AF and everyone probably knew...but there's a ton of room for plausible deniability in those texts.

Personally IDGAF, pay players, I don't care. If you're good enough to get paid a ton of money to play basketball or football or xbox or whatever, you should get paid.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:31 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Your hate is a known factor here, carry on.
Pretty sure he's the doosh who claimed Talib would be an NFL bust, "too slow"

Lollers
[Reply]
MAG 04:32 PM 10-15-2018
He definitely knew, idk how anyone can deny that. But I doubt there will be enough evidence to have anything come from it
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:33 PM 10-15-2018
"We aren't the first corrupt program so all corruption should be ignored" doesn't actually fly in the real world.
Meh. College athletes getting paid some of what they're worth just doesn't really bother me. I do feel bad that Selfs guy got caught so knee deep in shit that his name and text conversations are being brought up in court and used as evidence. That sucks.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:35 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Pretty sure he's the doosh who claimed Talib would be an NFL bust, "too slow"

Lollers
You would think after so long not being their rivals they might ease a bit on the hate, nopes. I've forgotten that we ever played them regularly Orange Bowl notwithstanding.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:50 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
I lived in Lawrence for 3 years and there was one incident that was particularly upsetting that never seemed to get out of the city limits. A 16-year-old girl was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and reported being raped by one or two basketball players. Nothing came of it, and everybody in town just pretended not to know anything about it, with some going out of their way to make fun of the minor.

I worked in the service industry at the time and can't name the number of stories we would all hear from our counterparts up and down Mass St about bball players getting away with ****ed up shit.
My brother used to be a bouncer at the Cave. Always told me he wanted to beat the Morris' twins asses.
[Reply]
TEX4Chiefs 05:14 PM 10-15-2018
Some of the folks who know what Self knew might be facing jail time. Be a shame if any of them rolled.
Says the Mizzou fan who still believes Ricky Clemmons was "framed". :-)
[Reply]
-King- 05:45 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What did the NCAA do? Enforce their rules? They have to clean up the mess that the NBA and NFL create by their idiotic discriminatory rules. I have no idea how the 19 year old rule is even in place. The NBA knowingly is forcing kids to go to college and to use the NCAA as their free cost to them minor league system.

People shit on the NCAA and I'm tired of it. Nobody is forcing these kids to do anything. They know all the rules before they show up. Don't want to play by the rules? Fine. Do what Mitchell Robinson did - sit out. Or do what lots of kids did - go play in Europe for a year. Stop ****ing whining about the NCAA. The NCAA has to deal with this shit. Let me assure you - the NCAA would love nothing more than to NOT have to deal with these Top 30 kids who are always involved in back alley agent, AAU and shoe company deals. Less work for them to try to investigate stuff.
Drop the rule that players can't get paid by 3rd parties. That's should be easy enough for the NCAA to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BWillie 05:47 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Drop the rule that players can't get paid by 3rd parties. That's should be easy enough for the NCAA to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes - that is what I would do if I was the NCAA. I'd cap it - and tax it. But the NCAA is free to run their organization the way they see fit IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 05:55 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes - that is what I would do if I was the NCAA. I'd cap it - and tax it. But the NCAA is free to run their organization the way they see fit IMO.
Why cap it and tax it? If some car dealership wants to give a player 50k, let them. If the player wants to get endorsements and hire an agent/financial manager, let them. Why does the ncaa have to get involved at all?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BWillie 06:21 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why cap it and tax it? If some car dealership wants to give a player 50k, let them. If the player wants to get endorsements and hire an agent/financial manager, let them. Why does the ncaa have to get involved at all?
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, because then it won't be fair to mid major teams. Cap it at 100k. 99% of athletes won't get anything anyway - but it would be a huge advantage if it is out in the open for schools if it was unlimited. And tax it because if you don't - it's money laundering.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:32 PM 10-15-2018
Sean Miller is still coaching...

Nuff said.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:37 PM 10-15-2018
If he gets canned from KU I think he has a good chance at the Nub football job. Can't do any worse than Frost has.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up