ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
jjjayb 04:11 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yeah. I'm sure that's what they were talking about. :-)
Laugh all you want, but the texts are right there in black and white. Read them and let me know when you get to the part about paying players. I sure couldn't find it. Not only did I not see that but I did see this:

Originally Posted by :
Gassnola testified in federal court Monday that he didn't believe that Kansas Jayhawks coach Bill Self and assistant coach Kurtis Townsend were aware he was facilitating money from the sneaker company to the parents or guardians of high-profile recruits to ensure they signed with the Jayhawks.

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:13 PM 10-15-2018
So...?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Laugh all you want, but the texts are right there in black and white. Read them and let me know when you get to the part about paying players. I sure couldn't find it. Not only did I not see that but I did see this:
In this day and age - you and I both know - you don't have to actually be guilty anymore. You just have to appear possibly guilty. And these text messages are a horrible horrible look and this is very damaging to KU and it's brand.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:19 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In this day and age - you and I both know - you don't have to actually be guilty anymore. You just have to appear possibly guilty. And these text messages are a horrible horrible look and this is very damaging to KU and it's brand.
So you want Self fired over this?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:21 PM 10-15-2018
Money is NEVER mentioned. Shoe company reps will get bounced. Unless additional info is uncovered, there's nothing indictable here for KU. Sorry KU haters, not gonna happen.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:22 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yep.

It would be remarkably naive to believe he didn't know. At the same time, there's nothing in those texts that establish to any appreciable degree that he did.

That's a nothingburger.
What is with this use of “ burger”? I saw 40 burger yesterday and it didn’t make sense either.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:22 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I get that this stuff goes on. I get every coach should know that this happens. But Self needs to be as far away from this as possible. Have a designated contact outside of the program - have him advise Self personally - NOT OVER A FUCKING CELL PHONE and not on text message.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:23 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Stopped reading at “he didn’t”.
:-)
[Reply]
Old Dog 04:24 PM 10-15-2018
Hell, everyone KNOWS, but proving it is entirely different (for now).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
For something that clearly goes on at all the other top end College Basketball schools?
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:26 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Hell, everyone KNOWS, but proving it is entirely different (for now).
Some of the folks who know what Self knew might be facing jail time. Be a shame if any of them rolled.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:27 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
For something that clearly goes on at all the other top end College Basketball schools?
Exactly
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:28 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"We aren't the first corrupt program so all corruption should be ignored" doesn't actually fly in the real world.
[Reply]
jjjayb 04:29 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No, the texts aren't damaging. People are having knee jerk reactions to click bait titles. SELF NEW!!!!! He knew what? That Adidas was trying to help get players to come to KU? Of course they were. They're an Adidas school. I'd be surprised if they didn't try to convince players to go to an Adidas school. There is nothing improper about that.

Adidas PAYING players to go to Adidas schools? Completely different story. And from that article, there is NOTHING showing that Bill Self or Kansas knew about Adidas paying players. There is nothing damning or incriminating in those texts. Of all the texts they have between Self and Gasnola. NONE of them talk about paying players or their families. Gasnola even testified under oath that Self didn't know.

If anything, I think this should help Self rather than hurt him. For months there's been inuendo about this. Now we have their texts and they don't show anything to support the inuendo that Self knew Adidas was paying players, AND Gasnola testified under oath that Self didn't know. Again, the click bait title isn't supported by what's in the article.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:29 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So this is damning?

Nowhere in the article does it say that Self or KU knew they were paying the kids. None of the texts show that either. Tell me how those texts are "damning". :-)

You are correct Self didn't text pay the guy but we are talking about Bill Self texting the same guy that was getting\paying players for Pitino asking him if we are good in regards to a player.

Then they had a phone conversation that lasted 5-6 minutes where no one can recall what they talked about it.

He then admitted he paid 2 KU players\families money.

But you are probably right Self had no idea, how naive are you?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up