ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So Bill Self knew . . . . ?
TomBarndtsTwin 02:56 PM 10-15-2018
So Coach Self knew about Adidas paying players to come to Kansas??

Article on ESPN.com front page:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...sa-recruitment

Another new article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...oach-bill-self
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:51 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So this is damning?

Nowhere in the article does it say that Self or KU knew they were paying the kids. None of the texts show that either. Tell me how those texts are "damning". :-)
Did you read the full article?

Self responded: "I'm happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys."

Gassnola replied: "In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics [sic] and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

Self responded: "That's how ur works. At UNC and Duke." Gassnola replied at Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola wrote. "I have never let you down. Except Dyondre lol. We will get it right."
[Reply]
wazu 03:53 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Gassnola replied: "In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics [sic] and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

Self responded: "That's how ur works. At UNC and Duke." Gassnola replied at Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola wrote. "I have never let you down. Except Dyondre lol. We will get it right."
Maybe he was just telling the players how great KU is and he’s really believable as a third party perspective.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:54 PM 10-15-2018

So where did he say he was paying them?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:58 PM 10-15-2018
Lock him up
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:58 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
In Haters minds.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:59 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Well, he didn't. But there shouldn't be much of a reason the Head Coach of Kansas should be talking to Adidas about recruiting as SPECIFIC player. I hope the NCAA bans apparel contracts. Each schoolnt have have the ability to have a contract of their own - unless they don't want to be in the NCAA.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:01 PM 10-15-2018
It doesn't say it, but the public's perception is that it happened.
[Reply]
jjjayb 04:01 PM 10-15-2018

I did read the full article. I'll say this again, because you seem a little slow. NOWHERE in the article does it talk about paying players. Not one of the texts talks about paying players. They talk about recruiting players. It's not against the rules or improper to recruit them. It's illegal to pay them. Which none of these "damning" texts talk about.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 04:01 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, he didn't. But there shouldn't be much of a reason the Head Coach of Kansas should be talking to Adidas about recruiting as SPECIFIC player. I hope the NCAA bans apparel contracts. Each school should have have the ability to have a contract of their own - unless they don't want to be in the NCAA.

Stopped reading at “he didn’t”.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:02 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
It doesn't say it, but the public's perception is that it happened.
Yes the public perception is that it happens everywhere, not sure this does anything but confirm that. Shady? yes illegal? no
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:02 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What did the NCAA do? Enforce their rules? They have to clean up the mess that the NBA and NFL create by their idiotic discriminatory rules. I have no idea how the 19 year old rule is even in place. The NBA knowingly is forcing kids to go to college and to use the NCAA as their free cost to them minor league system.

People shit on the NCAA and I'm tired of it. Nobody is forcing these kids to do anything. They know all the rules before they show up. Don't want to play by the rules? Fine. Do what Mitchell Robinson did - sit out. Or do what lots of kids did - go play in Europe for a year. Stop ****ing whining about the NCAA. The NCAA has to deal with this shit. Let me assure you - the NCAA would love nothing more than to NOT have to deal with these Top 30 kids who are always involved in back alley agent, AAU and shoe company deals. Less work for them to try to investigate stuff.
Yep. It's not like these players, who all know what's permissible and what isn't, have no alternative but to come to the NCAA and try to cheat the system. But there are still plenty of them who are willing to jeopardize their careers and choose a school based on a few easy bucks under the table now.

And there are plenty of boosters and sponsors willing to try to cheat the system to get them there, because the chances of anything major happening are so low.

The coaches being in on the whole thing isn't surprising, they just weren't betting on an FBI investigation and wiretaps and whatall to catch them.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:03 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I did read the full article. I'll say this again, because you seem a little slow. NOWHERE in the article does it talk about paying players. Not one of the texts talks about paying players. They talk about recruiting players. It's not against the rules or improper to recruit them. It's illegal to pay them. Which none of these "damning" texts talk about.
Yeah. I'm sure that's what they were talking about. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:04 PM 10-15-2018
I love the KU haters reading more into this then necessary
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:04 PM 10-15-2018
Yeah I didn’t see anything that implied he knew about money.

I mean. Yeah. He knows. But I don’t see anything that says he knew.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah I didn’t see anything that implied he knew about money.

I mean. Yeah. He knows. But I don’t see anything that says he knew.
Yep.

It would be remarkably naive to believe he didn't know. At the same time, there's nothing in those texts that establish to any appreciable degree that he did.

That's a nothingburger.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up