ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>One penality for 5 yards against the Pats
BlackOp 09:31 PM 10-14-2018
NFL wanted to keep the Chargers close...I figured this was the case.

Edit* My bad...NE had ZERO penalty yards...AR declined a token 5 yarder.

Will have to check to see the last time that has happened..if ever.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:34 PM 10-14-2018
I'm sure it comes up in discussions when up by a touchdown with 3 minutes left to let the other team score a touchdown.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:36 PM 10-14-2018
The Patriots were called for 1 penalty against the Jaguars

It is the fewest penalties called on one team in a playoff game since the 2011 AFC Championship... when the Patriots were called for 1 penalty in a win over the Ravens
— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) January 21, 2018

Indeed, since 2011, the Pats have hosted 12 playoff games, during which they have been penalized 24 percent less, for 34 percent less yards, than their opponents. In other words, for every 2 yards the Patriots lose on penalties in Foxborough, they gain 3 yards back on the road team’s infractions.

While the Patriots have committed fewer minor infractions—which include the likes of false starts and delays of game, and which could result mainly from more discipline at the line of scrimmage—the greatest imbalance has emerged via the most punishing penalties. New England’s opponents have amassed twice as many of the most severe flags,
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:38 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'm sure it comes up in discussions when up by a touchdown with 3 minutes left to let the other team score a touchdown.
Letting Gronk score once he caught it would have been the better decision had the defender thought of it. That's something you need to think about before the play though. I'd guess Gronk wouldn't have been clever enough to get not score.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:40 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The Patriots were called for 1 penalty against the Jaguars

It is the fewest penalties called on one team in a playoff game since the 2011 AFC Championship... when the Patriots were called for 1 penalty in a win over the Ravens
— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) January 21, 2018
So, 6 years apart, the team that's probably played in the greatest total number of playoff games over that span committed few penalties. Which team, of course, has probably won the most playoff games in the league over that span - which is generally correlated with being penalized less. And of course none of this takes into account offsetting penalties or those not accepted.

Ground-breaking stuff there.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:42 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Letting Gronk score once he caught it would have been the better decision had the defender thought of it. That's something you need to think about before the play though. I'd guess Gronk wouldn't have been clever enough to get not score.
Ya but that's a completely different situation. The game is essentially over at that point if you tackle him because they are already in range for a chip shot FG and you don't have the timeouts to get the ball back.

At no point do I see a team conceding a TD late in a game when you are up by a TD. The only way you lose in that situation is if the other team converts a 2 pt conversion and we all know Andy was going for 1. He called the entire game like a pussy. Kicking a FG on 4th and 2. Not going for the 2 pt conversion earlier in the game.
[Reply]
gimmieshelter69rs 10:43 PM 10-14-2018
It would when you know you can’t stop the other teams offense. And you would have to rely on a coin toss to decide the game.. I guess in KC they don’t do those things. They just let the chips fall where they may. No forward thinking.
STUPID, if you think they wanted to play for over time.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:43 PM 10-14-2018
Ya but that's a completely different situation. The game is essentially over at that point if you tackle him because they are already in range for a chip shot FG and you don't have the timeouts to get the ball back.

At no point do I see a team conceding a TD late in a game when you are up by a TD.
I agree. Much better chance of tying it on offense than blocking that fg. And that's with any offense, not just this one. I was hoping he would let him go after the catch.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:47 PM 10-14-2018
All I'm saying is NE just went against arguably the fastest offensive skill position group in the NFL and didnt commit a single defensive holding call.

That's impressive...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:49 PM 10-14-2018
Even if NE got some calls it's expected they're at home and have been the darlings of the NFL for quite a while. This is NOT what lost us the game and it's not even close.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:49 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs:
Up 40-33 belichick lets hill score, almost positive he let that go. New KC could not stop his offense. Reid using his timeouts early pushed that desicion. Did want to play for OT
Stop drinking.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:51 PM 10-14-2018
I really don't remember seeing the typical obvious uncalled blatant holds that seem to plague us week to week.

Frankly, our defense was so bad that they didn't need to be illegally held.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
When you play the Patriots in this league, you have to beat the refs too. It's the way it has been for well over a decade now. And yet Mahomes almost managed to do it on the road despite several bad mistakes. Good times ahead.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 PM 10-14-2018

First time it's happened this season, 12th this century, and 22nd in the last 40 years. Shoutout @pfref. https://t.co/EGMvxbmSCr

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:38 AM 10-15-2018
Same as it always is. NE is in the leagues back pocket. You have to play perfect because the refs always help them and we all know it. No penalties is impossible. Always happens to them though.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 AM 10-15-2018
Blacktop was right guys. This is fucking ridiculous
That these holds were not called shows clear bias. This isn’t ticky tacky shit. It’s blatant and clear as fucking day.

I wonder if Travis Kelce was getting held on this play pic.twitter.com/lYVQDhmRhw

— B Turn (@bturner23) October 15, 2018

Caption this... #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/X5T4wWZNfx

— KMBC (@kmbc) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up