Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>This might be the worst defense I’ve ever seen
bobbything 09:26 PM 10-14-2018
Ever.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Bortles made this defense look infinitely better than it actually is.
Sure, but the pass rush got to him to make that happen.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:57 PM 10-14-2018
There is no defense anymore unless you face a shitty QB. Baltimore shut out Surfer Boy, but Mahomes will rape them.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:57 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Slow.
Badly coached.
Predictable.
Not really very talented.

Mr Hunt needs a GM who can trade and sell whatever we have, jettison the rest, hire a D man, and build this with animals.
there are two guys on the defense making a combined 170 million lol
[Reply]
tk13 09:59 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think you are colored by the moment.

It wasn't worse than 2003 last week.
Yeah I don't know. That was literally one good game. The 2003 defense actually had a few good games early in the season before Maslowski got hurt. In 5 of their first 8 games they allowed 14 points or less. They were never any match for the elite QBs but they'd at least force a few turnovers and have a decent game against a bad offense.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
The return of Houston/Berry and maybe Veach being able to trade for a CB or safety is the only hope for the D at this point.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
evidently you didn't DVR "The Making of a Murderer"
[Reply]
Mecca 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
They don't get turnovers, they give up big plays, they get sacks occasionally can't defend the pass or the run.

So what exactly can they do? If they give up a first on a penalty it's basically a scoring drive automatically.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah I don't know. That was literally one good game. The 2003 defense actually had a few good games early in the season before Maslowski got hurt. In 5 of their first 8 games they allowed 14 points or less. They were never any match for the elite QBs but they'd at least force a few turnovers and have a decent game against a bad offense.
That team had absolutely no pass rush. This team has one.

Still a bad defense, don't get me wrong, but when you're the top third down defense in football that counts for something.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The return of Houston/Berry and maybe Veach being able to trade for a CB or safety is the only hope for the D at this point.

Houston will return. Berry? Most likely he’s done. Sorry, but I HOPE he will be back, but I BELIEVE he will not.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:01 PM 10-14-2018
This defense makes the 03 defense look average.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:02 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I'm not even that mad at him. There was a defensive hold on the play anyway. Even if he sacks him it's first and goal from the 3. Sure it's better than the TD but odds are they are getting in anyway. Collinsworth was just trying to make a big narrative out of that play.
Yep....the refs has already bailed Brady out. Speaks tried not get a penalty...with the way the QB rules are now it is tough to blame him...and you could tell he felt awful after the play too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 PM 10-14-2018

Chiefs are the 7th team to allow 30 first downs 3 times in a single season. And it’s Week 6. They are going to DESTROY this record.

— Kurtis Seaboldt (@KSeaboldt) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:07 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes can't be perfect

He's already carried this team all year. If Mahomes wasn't perfect against LA, PIT, or if he threw a pick against Denver, we'd be 2-4.

Mahomes is the only reason we're 5-1
I hear what you’re saying, but saying that Mahomes can’t throw that pick to end the first half or saying Mahomes can’t miss wide open receivers isn’t asking for perfection. He needs to make those plays. I’m sure he would tell you the same.

Those aren’t super human plays. Those are fairly basic for the upper level QBs in the league. It comes with the territory as being one of the best in the game, which I believe he is already. He gets the glory and a (small) portion of the blame sometimes.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:09 PM 10-14-2018
Don't play any really good QBs for the next 4 weeks. Going to see some more of the Bortles type games coming up. 3 of the 4 at Arrowhead as well.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 PM 10-14-2018
I’m just not sure you’re gonna see dominant defense again in the mil

Obviously it can be better than what the chiefs currently are but it’s gonna be tough to just shut teams down
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up