Nzoner's Game Room>This might be the worst defense I’ve ever seen
bobbything 09:26 PM 10-14-2018
Ever.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:37 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Houston and Berry will cash their checks this week

Let that sink in
I'll give Houston a pass. He isn't worth the money but he still gets out there and battles when he can.

Berry can piss off
[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m not absolving the offense for tonight.

We know the defense sucks, which means the offense needs to execute when they have the opportunity. We know the defense won’t pick up the offense against good teams.

The offense put us in a hole by only scoring 9 points in the first half, giving the ball away twice in the first half, and missing multiple open receivers for TDs in the first half.

Yes, the defense is atrocious. Yes, the offense was great in the second half.

You simply can’t play from behind in New England and expect to win.
They scored 40 fucking points, that's higher than the season average, if you think they need to be perfect and be 40+ that is a serious fucking problem.

That is like being missing your entire front axel and then bitching about your gas mileage.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:38 PM 10-14-2018
It is a bad defense
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:38 PM 10-14-2018
Beeeland Speaks. Blame him or the NFL?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:39 PM 10-14-2018
Maybe we could persuade Haley to hire 11 guys off the street to play defense.

Couldn't be any worse.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:40 PM 10-14-2018
Seriously if after this year they don't cut and replace a bunch of those players then Brett Veach is a complete moron.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:43 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I'm not even that mad at him. There was a defensive hold on the play anyway. Even if he sacks him it's first and goal from the 3. Sure it's better than the TD but odds are they are getting in anyway. Collinsworth was just trying to make a big narrative out of that play.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:43 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They scored 40 ****ing points, that's higher than the season average, if you think they need to be perfect and be 40+ that is a serious ****ing problem.

That is like being missing your entire front axel and then bitching about your gas mileage.
I would agree if I were saying that they needed to do something that they weren’t capable of.

Fact is, Mahomes had 2 bad turnovers and missed multiple open receivers for TDs early.

Additionally, when we play from behind other teams can commit to running the ball. If we play with a lead, that isn’t the case. They have to throw the ball down the field which is more likely to lead to sacks and turnovers.
[Reply]
bobbything 09:44 PM 10-14-2018
I’m not absolving the offense for tonight.

We know the defense sucks, which means the offense needs to execute when they have the opportunity. We know the defense won’t pick up the offense against good teams.

The offense put us in a hole by only scoring 9 points in the first half, giving the ball away twice in the first half, and missing multiple open receivers for TDs in the first half.

Yes, the defense is atrocious. Yes, the offense was great in the second half.

You simply can’t play from behind in New England and expect to win.
40 points. On the road. None of them garbage points.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:45 PM 10-14-2018
I would agree if I were saying that they needed to do something that they weren’t capable of.

Fact is, Mahomes had 2 bad turnovers and missed multiple open receivers for TDs early.

Additionally, when we play from behind other teams can commit to running the ball. If we play with a lead, that isn’t the case. They have to throw the ball down the field which is more likely to lead to sacks and turnovers.
So the kid's human. He stepped up when it mattered. He did more than enough to win. He overcame their defense - he just couldn't overcome ours.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10-14-2018, 09:46 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
petegz28 09:47 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
For the 1,000th time,it would not have mattered. They threw a flag on us for holding the second Speaks touched Brady. He sacks him and they get 1st & goal from the 1.
[Reply]
baitism 09:47 PM 10-14-2018
I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting 2003 PTSD.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
40 points. On the road. None of them garbage points.
40 points and you lose.....that is unacceptable in any situation at all. There is no excuse for any defense when your offense puts up 40 points and you lose.
[Reply]
Three7s 09:49 PM 10-14-2018
I didn't think I'd ever see a Chiefs defense worse than 2008, but this defense is giving them a run for their money.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:49 PM 10-14-2018
I thought the Cowboys made a mistake giving up Hitchens. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up