ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>This might be the worst defense I’ve ever seen
bobbything 09:26 PM 10-14-2018
Ever.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:22 AM 10-15-2018
A lot of bad defense in the league now. The transformation to arena league is just about complete. Thankfully, we now have a qb who can carry us.
[Reply]
tk13 11:33 AM 10-15-2018
People keep saying there are a lot of bad defenses but that's just an excuse. Scoring is no doubt up and there isn't as much good defense being played in this league, but even then the Chiefs are so far in the back it's not good. They're ranked dead last in yards, near the bottom in points. They've allowed 300 more yards than any other defense, they're on pace to shatter the NFL record for yards allowed. They're 31st in passing yards and offset that by being 31st in yards allowed per carry. Sure there are more shootouts but there's also not many if any teams putting up worse numbers across the board. The teams that usually end up winning it all usually still put up good numbers on the defensive side of the ball relative to the rest of the league.

To be honest the Seahawks and Broncos defenses were great, the Patriots were #1 when they won a couple years ago and the Eagles had a top 5 defense last year. Yeah all those teams won shootouts (except maybe the Broncos) but it doesn't mean they couldn't play D.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:56 PM 10-15-2018
Pure trash
[Reply]
New World Order 04:58 PM 10-15-2018
I don't remember the 03 d being this bad against the run.

03 secondary was probably worse though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:02 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:

James ran through us like crap through a goose in that 2004 playoff game.

26 CAR, 125 YDS, 2 TD

but ya that's probably an upgrade over this defense.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:30 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2003/opp.htm

Allowed 3rd most rushing yards and allowed the highest YPC in the NFL at 5.2 allowed.

So yeah. This is worse, but the standard has lowered. Right now there are 4 teams allowing more than 5 YPC. KC was the only team over 5.0 allowed in 03. Overall it's worse, but relative to the rest of the NFL it's not.

The passing defense is WAY worse though. Wesley, Woods, McCleon, Bartee and Warfield outperformed this group.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:14 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Ok. Can I also ask them how come they always get beaten on the road this season? Or can I just ask Detroit and JVille how easy it was?
Two years from now, when Brady is retired and Hoodie is coaching somewhere else, this fucking tool will be sitting in his parents' basement wearing a Mahomes jersey being a cunt to Donx fans on OM.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:17 PM 10-15-2018
I mean I don't mind a good troll for a day or two but is this really what the NE fanbase has to offer? Or is somebody on this forum playing this role? Is it too much to ask to get a clever troll?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:42 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2003/opp.htm

Allowed 3rd most rushing yards and allowed the highest YPC in the NFL at 5.2 allowed.

So yeah. This is worse, but the standard has lowered. Right now there are 4 teams allowing more than 5 YPC. KC was the only team over 5.0 allowed in 03. Overall it's worse, but relative to the rest of the NFL it's not.

The passing defense is WAY worse though. Wesley, Woods, McCleon, Bartee and Warfield outperformed this group.
The big difference is takeaways.

That 2003 team forced 37 TOs including 25 INTs.

This defense is on pace to get 24 and only 13 INTs.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:45 PM 10-15-2018
Tampa had the worst defense. It isn't close.

Passing yards vs expectation (ANY/A sans sack yards) enter Sunday Night Football.

Baltimore and Seattle's defenses are real. Tampa's defense is almost twice as bad as anyone is good.

Atlanta's pass D is bottom five. Tampa's is almost four times more costly. pic.twitter.com/BeKqzqH4Ak

— �� Dahaunte Adams �� (@JuMosq) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:09 PM 10-15-2018
somehow, every free agent we sign was good somewhere else; yet they turn to shit as soon as they put on a KC uniform.

Hitchens, Fuller, Williams-all looked pretty good before. Suddenly they're crap.

Hmmn. Seems suspicious, no?
[Reply]
Coach 10:37 PM 10-15-2018
What's sad is, looking at the cap breakdown of positions for 2018:

Linebackers is #1 with $37,732,950 million with secondary ranked #3 with $27,472,242 million. That's roughly $65,205,192 spent on a very very bad product on the field.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...fs/yearly/cap/
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 PM 10-15-2018
This team has to shed some bad contracts and it needs to change schemes and coaches, time to accept it.

Hitchens is salvageable..guys like Bailey, Ford, Houston, Berry it's just time to move on.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up