Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This might be the worst defense I’ve ever seen
bobbything 09:26 PM 10-14-2018
Ever.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:17 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
For the record this defense is nowhere near as awful as the 2003 defense.
For reference, the 2003 defense gave up 14, 20, 14, 10, 23, 34 in the first 6 weeks of the season. They also forced 17 turnovers in that time.

2018...28, 37, 27, 23, 14, 43. They have forced 9 turnovers. 5 in one game.

This defense is far worse through the first 6 weeks. The 2003 defense wasn't good at all, but it only had 4 legitimately bad defensive games the entire season. The only thing people remember is the "no punt" game, which, while atrocious, was only marginally worse than what we witnessed last night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Disagree. We're currently on pace to break the record for most yardage given up by 400 yards and bottom 5 in scoring defense. For comparison, the 2003 defense ended up 19th in points allowed.
The 2003 defense was also like top 5 in turnovers. This defense isn't even close to that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 10-15-2018
Maybe I'm the outlier in that I sit and watch about every game on Sunday, but with how people talk about defenses here I wonder if people only watch the Chiefs.

The Chiefs d isn't good. Not arguable.

But there aren't really good D's anymore. Even "good" defenses get lit up by good offenses.
[Reply]
dynamicHDR 10:21 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Every prediction you made was wrong. Every single one.

And you're still here. Shameless.
The only one that mattered was that NE would win.

I'm here to soak up your salty and delicious tears.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dynamicHDR:

24 points though.....right?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:23 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Disagree. We're currently on pace to break the record for most yardage given up by 400 yards and bottom 5 in scoring defense. For comparison, the 2003 defense ended up 19th in points allowed.
In 2003 we were giving up wide open touchdown passes shortly after our offense scored, we certainly weren’t giving our offense opportunities to build leads. Opposing teams are putting up numbers because they’re gashing us underneath and trying to play catch-up. Our current defense is shit but they have given us small windows of opportunity for our offense to build leads.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:25 AM 10-15-2018

that's because you are a sociopath.

go slap your parents for failing you.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:26 AM 10-15-2018

You guys will lose 3 more games. At Chicago, at home to Minnesota, and at Pittsburgh. 11-5.

Chiefs will finish 12-4. Losses: Rams, Ravens, Chargers.

Book it.
[Reply]
TEX 10:26 AM 10-15-2018

The deal is nobody is crying on this end. KC hung 40 on you in your house. (Again) This year's New England team is VERY beatable. Just ask Detroit. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:27 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
The deal is nobody is crying on this end. KC hung 40 on you in your house. (Again) This year's New England team is VERY beatable. Just ask Detroit. :-)
Where are the baseballs that lewdog sent you?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:28 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe I'm the outlier in that I sit and watch about every game on Sunday, but with how people talk about defenses here I wonder if people only watch the Chiefs.

But there aren't really good D's anymore. Even "good" defenses get lit up by good offenses.
I think the Ravens D is probably legit, they gave up 34 on the road at Cinci but only 14 to the Steelers. We will see how good they are when we play them later this year but I think they are pretty good.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:28 AM 10-15-2018

Good defenses tend to be teams that have played awful offenses too.

Ravens D looks great. They've also played Buffalo and Tennessee, probably the worst offensive teams in the AFC... but they held them to a combined 3 points.

He held the Steelers to 14. The Bengals put up points because Flacco Flacco'd, but they held them under 400 yards. Held the steelers under 300.

The ravens D is good. So far.
[Reply]
TEX 10:28 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Where are the baseballs that lewdog sent you?
I don't owe you a ****ing thing. I sent him a message regarding it today when Loochy posted something about it. Good enough for you mother****er?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:29 AM 10-15-2018

Yup
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:29 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
I don't owe you a ****ing thing. I sent him a message regarding it today when Loochy posted something about it. Good enough for you mother****er?
:-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up