ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith's Garbage MNF Showing Proves Chiefs Were Right to Get Rid of Him
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 10-11-2018
https://www.12up.com/posts/6192623-a...partners/40920

Originally Posted by :
In case you weren't convinced yet, Monday night's primetime game between the ​Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints proved that the Kansas City Chiefs made the right decision in moving on from quarterback Alex Smith. The Redskins got walloped 43-19, and Smith's performance was predictably bland. This wasn't just some game for the Skins, either-- this was a "prove it" matchup against a ferocious opponent.

Washington entered best in the NFC East and boasting one of the best defenses in the league, and to make things even more intense, the game was smack in the middle of primetime. And Smith posted 275 yards on 23-39 passing with zero touchdowns and an interception against a New Orleans team ranked 28th in the league in scoring defense.

Meanwhile, in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the league in Smith's place. The young gun leads the league in touchdown passes with 14 and has been electric from the jump. Of course, the Chiefs moved Smith to Washington after last season not just because they really liked what they had in Mahomes, but because they knew what they didn't have in Smith. And they were entirely right.

Smith is a game manager. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He can move a bit. He hits on some deep balls. But what Smith cannot do is take over a game. His arm talent can't hold a candle to that of Mahomes. He can't fire a bullet on the run. He most certainly cannot carry an offense. KC knew that and interpreted his excellent statistics last season as more of a reflection of their offensive scheme and alternative playmakers. While they didn't know that the young Mahomes would be quite this good so early, they were confident enough that he could operate well in their fantastic system. He was younger, cheaper, and from what they saw, more dynamic.

The choice was simple.

The move paid off with unforeseen levels of success. Mahomes is the leading candidate for MVP thus far, and Smith has as many touchdowns as he has games played (4). There's no debating it. Smith is no franchise quarterback. He won't be carrying anybody to anything. If you want to win with him, you'll have to have everything else on your team be near-perfect.

Whether Mahomes can be the man come the postseason is yet to be seen. But so far, he's making the Kansas City brass look like geniuses for shipping Smith out of town.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:37 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Ladies and Gentlemen, PAChiefsGuy:

:-):-):-):-)
Wow.. maybe the most wrong post in the history of wrong post.. What a fucking idiot :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:54 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We are in the golden age of Chiefs football and some of you guys still care about Alex.

He should be done. Gone. Completely erased from your memory bank.

It’s a new era guys. We just broke up with the average chick with flaws and are now somehow dating a ****ing model.

No time to look back.
lol, so much of THIS.

Alex still in your blood is a slap to the face of your new, clearly superior QB.
Seriously.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:12 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
lol, so much of THIS.

*Alex still in your blood is a slap to the face of your new, clearly superior QB.
Seriously.
Read that again and ask yourself "Is it saying dumb shit like that why I got banned from 1 board and am the whipping boy of another?"
[Reply]
New World Order 07:55 PM 10-13-2018
Alex 'Montana' Smith

How delusional :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:22 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Alex 'Montana' Smith

How delusional :-)
Was this the guy dating Gonzo?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:26 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Was this the guy dating Gonzo?
Wut?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:43 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Wow.. maybe the most wrong post in the history of wrong post.. What a ****ing idiot :-)
You take nicknames way too seriously. That nickname was just a way to get under you Alex haters skin and it clearly worked. So you are actually the idiot for not realizing that.

I've moved on from Smitty. I don't care what he does with the Redskins. The post I made in this thread was the first one I've made about him since he left . You guys are the ones still obsessed with him, not me.

Move on.. He plays for another team that isn't even in the same conference as the Chiefs and now the Chiefs have Mahomes. You guys are like the guy who always talks about his ex even though he got a younger and hotter gf now.

It's pretty pathetic.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:54 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
:-)

Well, they also start with "He doesn't turn the ball over. He won't put your defense in bad spots"

Which I disagree with. 3 consecutive 3 and outs DOES put your defense in a bad position. Every****ing game with Alex, in either the first or second half, the team would only muster barely 100 yards. Frequently less.

Dude can't put together a complete game. If he throws for 200 yards and 2 TD's in the first half, you know a 38 yard 1 INT 2nd half is the encore. Then the opponent comes back and people dismiss it as "Goddamn defense, blowing a lead!" Yeah, like the 2 first downs and 84 total yards of offense in a 2nd half don't contribute to blown leads.

So ****ing annoying to me.
Ah, so you've read some posts on chiefsplanet, too?
[Reply]
philfree 09:02 PM 10-13-2018
Actually it's Mahomes play that proves the Chiefs were right.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:54 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Wut?
The chick with the big nose
[Reply]
rico 12:05 AM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You take nicknames way too seriously. That nickname was just a way to get under you Alex haters skin and it clearly worked. So you are actually the idiot for not realizing that..
Ernahgerd!!! So much this!!! Getting pissy about a nickname is fricking idiotic, Squirrel Tits!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:03 AM 10-14-2018
It does my heart wonderful to see so many posters righteously damning both Smith and his era, and I would ask you to consider this; if a mediocre, ultimately feeble-minded and scared QB helped bring about the first playoff win for this franchise in 150 years, then how noodle-brained, weak, and sad had this franchise become to allow a Smith-led team to become the baseline for "greatness" around here?

You see, I get it now. It's not about, "does Patrick win you the division/playoffs/Super Bowl".
It is instead about this:
"Does Patrick bring about a paradigm shift whereby through experience and confidence both the team/organization and fans believe they have every chance, every year, to accomplish those goals"?

And, do we expect or begin to expect, nay DEMAND a greater baseline?

Alex Smith was a $50.00 winning lottery ticket. Which is nice when you buy tickets at a regular interval and rarely win shit. Alex's fifty bucks will not however set you up for life.

I'm surprised that it had to take a QB of Mahomes status to open some eyes around here though. The proof was there the whole time, the whole league over. Did you have to see someone kicking ass in a Chiefs uniform to truly understand it? If so, that's incredibly sad. And it reminds me of why the Royals and Royals fans will never be taken seriously by the league:

"Man, that was sure was a great Championship"! "Sure was"! "Welp, I'll see you in the next 500 years"!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:38 AM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You take nicknames way too seriously. That nickname was just a way to get under you Alex haters skin and it clearly worked. So you are actually the idiot for not realizing that.

I've moved on from Smitty. I don't care what he does with the Redskins. The post I made in this thread was the first one I've made about him since he left . You guys are the ones still obsessed with him, not me.

Move on.. He plays for another team that isn't even in the same conference as the Chiefs and now the Chiefs have Mahomes. You guys are like the guy who always talks about his ex even though he got a younger and hotter gf now.

It's pretty pathetic.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:04 AM 10-14-2018
Trent Green>Alex Smith.

But really, you have to go all the way back to Montana to best either, and for only one season to be honest. And all the way back to Len Dawson before that.

But now we have Mahomes. Our wandering 40 years in the desert is finally over.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 AM 10-14-2018
Look at what they are doing over at Extreme Skins already :-)

[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up