ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith's Garbage MNF Showing Proves Chiefs Were Right to Get Rid of Him
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 10-11-2018
https://www.12up.com/posts/6192623-a...partners/40920

Originally Posted by :
In case you weren't convinced yet, Monday night's primetime game between the ​Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints proved that the Kansas City Chiefs made the right decision in moving on from quarterback Alex Smith. The Redskins got walloped 43-19, and Smith's performance was predictably bland. This wasn't just some game for the Skins, either-- this was a "prove it" matchup against a ferocious opponent.

Washington entered best in the NFC East and boasting one of the best defenses in the league, and to make things even more intense, the game was smack in the middle of primetime. And Smith posted 275 yards on 23-39 passing with zero touchdowns and an interception against a New Orleans team ranked 28th in the league in scoring defense.

Meanwhile, in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the league in Smith's place. The young gun leads the league in touchdown passes with 14 and has been electric from the jump. Of course, the Chiefs moved Smith to Washington after last season not just because they really liked what they had in Mahomes, but because they knew what they didn't have in Smith. And they were entirely right.

Smith is a game manager. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He can move a bit. He hits on some deep balls. But what Smith cannot do is take over a game. His arm talent can't hold a candle to that of Mahomes. He can't fire a bullet on the run. He most certainly cannot carry an offense. KC knew that and interpreted his excellent statistics last season as more of a reflection of their offensive scheme and alternative playmakers. While they didn't know that the young Mahomes would be quite this good so early, they were confident enough that he could operate well in their fantastic system. He was younger, cheaper, and from what they saw, more dynamic.

The choice was simple.

The move paid off with unforeseen levels of success. Mahomes is the leading candidate for MVP thus far, and Smith has as many touchdowns as he has games played (4). There's no debating it. Smith is no franchise quarterback. He won't be carrying anybody to anything. If you want to win with him, you'll have to have everything else on your team be near-perfect.

Whether Mahomes can be the man come the postseason is yet to be seen. But so far, he's making the Kansas City brass look like geniuses for shipping Smith out of town.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:28 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Alex Smith is just a little bit better than Matt Cassel.
Correct. And this was my prediction from DAY ONE. Cassel II: Battery-Powered Suck-a-Poo.

And so it was, and so it shall forever be.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Alex Smith really bad and really good

We all know the really good so here's the really bad:

FUCKING EVERYTHING
:-)

Originally Posted by notorious:
Not our problem anymore.

We are the rest of the leagues problem, now.
Goddamn right, Skippy.

Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Other than making the haters on here miserable if he does well, I have no reason to care.
How's that working out for you, Sally? At least Mahomes has wiped Smith's putrid stench away prior to mid season, yes.

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Looking at it with your eyes open would tell you Geeen was significantly better.

Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
After hating the trade from the get go, this is a nice consolation prize. And yes, we could have picked up any schmuck to put up his 3400 yards and 19 TDs he averaged his first 4 seasons.
Is the consolation prize Smith destroying another native-themed franchise? Or is it picking up Mahomes who has power-sprayed Smith's doo-doo from the sidewalk of our minds?

Originally Posted by Valiant:
A better qb. Period. While a Chief.

(It's not rocket surgery, is it?)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:54 PM 10-12-2018
You can’t understand what it’s like to have Alex Smith as your team’s QB, until it happens.

People constantly defend his stats, but it’s obvious when you watch him that he can’t lead your team. The helpless feeling of knowing you’ll be let down is hard to describe. It’s like watching a movie with a sad ending and constantly hoping the ending will be different this time.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:05 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Correct. And this was my prediction from DAY ONE. Cassel II: Battery-Powered Suck-a-Poo.
I mean, I still don't agree.

Matt Cassel is unusually awful at throwing the football and a turnover machine.

Cassel led the NFL in turnovers one year and was leading the NFL in turnovers another year he injured his pussy and we were subjected to Tyler Palko.

Don't consider that a defense of Alex. Alex is a legit lower tier starter, which sucks. Cassel is a complete fraud. I'm not sure how the hell he's even employed as a back up. I"ll never forget his failed 30 yard hail mary. Good god.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:10 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Cassel led the NFL in turnovers one year and was leading the NFL in turnovers another year he injured his pussy and we were subjected to Tyler Palko.

Don't consider that a defense of Alex. Alex is a legit lower tier starter, which sucks. Cassel is a complete fraud. I'm not sure how the hell he's even employed as a back up. I"ll never forget his failed 30 yard hail mary. Good god.
I look at it like this:

Alex Smith is 1/2 suck.
Matt Cassel is 2/3 suck.

Alex Smith and Matt Cassel are both fractions.

Does that help? Somewhat? :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:30 PM 10-12-2018

I completely forgot about the Haily Mary off the crossbar from 30 yards. I had to watch that on YouTube. Freaking hilarious.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:38 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
I look at it like this:

Alex Smith is 1/2 suck.
Matt Cassel is 2/3 suck.

Alex Smith and Matt Cassel are both fractions.

Does that help? Somewhat? :-)
Yeah, I'm not defending Smith, I just think very lowly of Cassel. I think Damon Huard was better, and I still to this day I don't think he was a significant upgrade over shit Qb extraordinaire Tyler Thigpen.

Anyone could have won 10 games with the patriots that year. ANYONE. You could have won 10 games with the patriots that year Brady was injured. That was superstar OL/Moss/Welker offense.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:41 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I completely forgot about the Haily Mary off the crossbar from 30 yards. I had to watch that on YouTube. Freaking hilarious.
I'll never forget a pass against the Steelers.

Cassel rolled out, winded up and threw the ball as hard as he could. He throws this ridiculous turd floater ACROSS THE FIELD that was like 20 yards behind the WR and flopped like a duck.

I honestly don't remember if it was picked off, but it was the worst pass I've ever seen. Left handed Jake Plummer was shaking his head.

He just REALLY sucked at throwing a football, which is a big problem when you play quarterback.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:51 PM 10-12-2018
Is Deberg Kevin Kietzman's account?

And the other cat that believes Alex 'served his purpose' while here loool jfc

that purpose being 5 years of purgatory as a pretender, i guess
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:55 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:

5 years of Smith is a small price to pay for 15-20 years of Patrick Mahomes.

He kept the team afloat while they found an ELITE prospect rather than some desperation draft pick.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:01 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:

Laugh out out out loud?
[Reply]
Rivaldo 09:11 PM 10-12-2018
and yikes
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 PM 10-12-2018
I'll never forget a pass against the Steelers.

Cassel rolled out, winded up and threw the ball as hard as he could. He throws this ridiculous turd floater ACROSS THE FIELD that was like 20 yards behind the WR and flopped like a duck.

I honestly don't remember if it was picked off, but it was the worst pass I've ever seen. Left handed Jake Plummer was shaking his head.

He just REALLY sucked at throwing a football, which is a big problem when you play quarterback.
My daughter and I were at the Chiefs/Vikings game when Cassel attempted to throw the worst screen pass I've ever seen.

Before the game we saw some Chiefs and Vikes fans playing corn hole. One of the Chief fans was wearing a Cassel jersey so I turned to the guy in the Viking helmet and said "you're gonna win, #7 can't hit the broad side of a barn".
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:51 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You should ask for Alex Smith to be your undertaker...
Pallbearer, buddy. Pallbearer. So he can let you down one last time.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:06 AM 10-13-2018
He had a bad game. It happens. We all know what Smitty is and isn't by now and if you are trying to say he's garbage you are wrong. You can ask any NFL GM in the league what they think of Smitty and I don't think any of them would say he is trash. Slightly above average to average would be my guess at the most used answer.

Alex Smith did fine here. He helped turn this franchise around and helped get us our first playoff win in like 30-years. He did his job.

I don't think he was brought here to be the savior he was brought here to bring this franchise back to respectability while buying Reid and Dorsey time to find us a long-term solution at QB and that's exactly what happened.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:18 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He had a bad game. It happens. We all know what Smitty is and isn't by now and if you are trying to say he's garbage you are wrong. You can ask any NFL GM in the league what they think of Smitty and I don't think any of them would say he is trash. Slightly above average to average would be my guess at the most used answer.

Alex Smith did fine here. He helped turn this franchise around and helped get us our first playoff win in like 30-years. He did his job.

I don't think he was brought here to be the savior he was brought here to bring this franchise back to respectability while buying Reid and Dorsey time to find us a long-term solution at QB and that's exactly what happened.
Give it up Mr. 1 td per game.

Your dream is over.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up