ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith's Garbage MNF Showing Proves Chiefs Were Right to Get Rid of Him
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 10-11-2018
https://www.12up.com/posts/6192623-a...partners/40920

Originally Posted by :
In case you weren't convinced yet, Monday night's primetime game between the ​Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints proved that the Kansas City Chiefs made the right decision in moving on from quarterback Alex Smith. The Redskins got walloped 43-19, and Smith's performance was predictably bland. This wasn't just some game for the Skins, either-- this was a "prove it" matchup against a ferocious opponent.

Washington entered best in the NFC East and boasting one of the best defenses in the league, and to make things even more intense, the game was smack in the middle of primetime. And Smith posted 275 yards on 23-39 passing with zero touchdowns and an interception against a New Orleans team ranked 28th in the league in scoring defense.

Meanwhile, in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the league in Smith's place. The young gun leads the league in touchdown passes with 14 and has been electric from the jump. Of course, the Chiefs moved Smith to Washington after last season not just because they really liked what they had in Mahomes, but because they knew what they didn't have in Smith. And they were entirely right.

Smith is a game manager. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He can move a bit. He hits on some deep balls. But what Smith cannot do is take over a game. His arm talent can't hold a candle to that of Mahomes. He can't fire a bullet on the run. He most certainly cannot carry an offense. KC knew that and interpreted his excellent statistics last season as more of a reflection of their offensive scheme and alternative playmakers. While they didn't know that the young Mahomes would be quite this good so early, they were confident enough that he could operate well in their fantastic system. He was younger, cheaper, and from what they saw, more dynamic.

The choice was simple.

The move paid off with unforeseen levels of success. Mahomes is the leading candidate for MVP thus far, and Smith has as many touchdowns as he has games played (4). There's no debating it. Smith is no franchise quarterback. He won't be carrying anybody to anything. If you want to win with him, you'll have to have everything else on your team be near-perfect.

Whether Mahomes can be the man come the postseason is yet to be seen. But so far, he's making the Kansas City brass look like geniuses for shipping Smith out of town.

[Reply]
jaa1025 01:37 AM 10-12-2018
Not sure how there ever was a doubt? I wanted him gone after his second season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:41 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’m so glad that all of the media idiots that bashed us for moving Alex are eating massive fistfuls of crow. It makes the Chiefs look like they know exactly what they’re doing.
I got sick of talking to Chiefs fans saying we should have kept Alex another year. Ignorance is unbound :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:43 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Not sure how there ever was a doubt? I wanted him gone after his second season.
I did not want him in the first place and let everyone know i wasn't happy about trading for him and my biggest fear of 5 years of mediocrity came true.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:51 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I got sick of talking to Chiefs fans saying we should have kept Alex another year. Ignorance is unbound :-)
I dare somebody to call KK and say they were not a fan of the Mahomes pick, with all of his losses against good teams at TT. That we already had Alex Smith and we should have drafted him more help. And that We should have kept Alex this year and let Mahomes develop for another year. And that Mahomes was throwing INT's in training camp, and that was going to carry over into the season. I was right there with you Kevin on all of these points.

Then listen to the the backtrack by KK. :-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:00 AM 10-12-2018
Alex taught Patrick every throw Pat throws. Just the way Slex throws it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:49 AM 10-12-2018
I just can't wrap my head around how anyone thought we should have kept Smith. How many games of him not getting tds do you have to see before you pull the plug. He isn't good enough in today's game.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:53 AM 10-12-2018
Alex Smith is just a little bit better than Matt Cassel.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:59 AM 10-12-2018
Not only did they downgrade at QB, they gave Smith 71 mil guaranteed!! They are stuck with him for three years with a cap hit of about 20 mil per year for the next three years. He's only going to get slower and more cautious each game. Colt McCoy is going to be the most popular player in Washington.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:59 AM 10-12-2018
Alex Smith really bad and really good

We all know the really good so here's the really bad:

FUCKING EVERYTHING
[Reply]
notorious 06:26 AM 10-12-2018
Not our problem anymore.

We are the rest of the leagues problem, now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:40 AM 10-12-2018
Alrighty then. Smith sucks. Thats news to who?

At this point, bitching about Smith sucking does as much good as slamming Grbac, Cassell etc. JUST MOVE ON!
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:59 AM 10-12-2018
I need to print this and plaster it all over every dipshits desk at work that tried to argue with me it was the right move.
[Reply]
rtmike 07:00 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:

He also doesn't have that "IDGAF, I have to win no matter what" attitude that every elite quarterback has.

Jimmy Grapes says Hello, lol.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:04 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Alex Smith really bad and really good

We all know the really good so here's the really bad:

FUCKING EVERYTHING
Alex really good at being really bad.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:11 AM 10-12-2018
This would of been Alex’s year. We drafted the missing piece in Breland Speaks.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up