ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Pet Sematary (Stephen King)
Molitoth 09:29 AM 10-11-2018
Lithgow!~

[Reply]
Frazod 09:56 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The first movie was cheesy and cheap even back in 89.

I did think it was genuinely creepy in parts though.

Will see this for sure.

Never saw Part II from the early 90s
It had a good cast, particularly Fred Gwynne.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:32 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It had a good cast, particularly Fred Gwynne.
Yes. he was probably the best thing about the film.

The Star Trek girl disappeared and i never saw the male lead in anything else again.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:49 AM 10-13-2018
Yes. he was probably the best thing about the film.

The Star Trek girl disappeared and i never saw the male lead in anything else again.
Out of curiosity I checked them on IMDb. Neither one of them ever had another major gig. They land occasional supporting roles in TV shows, and that's about it.

Crosby should have stuck with Star Trek.
[Reply]
Otter 10:57 AM 10-13-2018
Not a whole lot of substance is those reviews.

Loud noise
*bang sound*
ominous one liner followed by brief silence
*bang sound*
scary looking something
*bang sound*

Add to the cookie cutter trailer for bad movies that it's a remake. It doesn't look promising.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 10-13-2018
Granted, it's been decades since I read the book, but I don't remember the whole children-wearing-creepy-masks bit being in it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:02 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Crosby should have stuck with Star Trek.
Yea. Agreed. Can’t remember why she left? I’m sure it was about money?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:15 PM 10-13-2018
Yea. Agreed. Can’t remember why she left? I’m sure it was about money?
IIRC it was because she felt she wasn't getting enough screen time, and that her character was not fully utilized or developed. It should also be noted that the first season of Next Generation really wasn't very good, either. There were a handful of good episodes here and there, but the show didn't really hit its stride until the third season.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:21 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Doubt I see this,wasn't a big fan of the book or first movie.Wished Hollywood would bring Salem's Lot to the big screen hopefully done right.Been made for tv not once but twice and they ****ed it up both times.
So very this. I can't believe they haven't found a way to get Salem's Lot right. Such a phenomenal book.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:23 AM 10-16-2018
The first movie was cheesy and cheap even back in 89.

I did think it was genuinely creepy in parts though.

Will see this for sure.

Never saw Part II from the early 90s
Part II is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit ever filmed. And I've seen the movie "Frogs"
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:24 AM 10-16-2018
I didn't love the original, but I will say this though, the title song by the Ramones is on my Halloween playlist every year
[Reply]
Rausch 07:33 PM 10-16-2018
I think a remake would be good but I think a remake coming out now will just be ass.

In the last 10 years or so there is no reverence to the source material or original film. It's just an opportunity to use a recognizable name and make cheap $$$...
[Reply]
vailpass 08:25 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
So very this. I can't believe they haven't found a way to get Salem's Lot right. Such a phenomenal book.
One of the very few books that actually gave me the creeps while reading.
[Reply]
Nzoner 06:40 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
One of the things that pissed me off the most about the tv attempts was having Barlow look like Nosferatu.

Originally Posted by vailpass:
One of the very few books that actually gave me the creeps while reading.
:-)

King's storytelling when Ryerson (the gravedigger) started yelling at the coffin to stop staring at him and then all that followed.I'm getting the creeps just thinking about it now.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:16 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Do yourself a favor and read 11-22-63 by King,I think you'd thoroughly enjoy that one and his son Owen wrote the ending.Not what I would classify as horror but two thumbs way up.
This. I don't know if the Hulu show was any good, but the book was one of King's best...mostly cuz his son saved the ending. King can't end a book to save his life!
[Reply]
Frazod 08:12 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
This. I don't know if the Hulu show was any good, but the book was one of King's best...mostly cuz his son saved the ending. King can't end a book to save his life!
Boy, that's no shit. Defeat an all powerful villain with magic tricks? Gang bang an 11-year-old girl? What the fuck? :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up