ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Big Bang Theory is done after 2019
Buehler445 02:58 PM 08-25-2018
I'm not a huge Big Bang Theory Fan (however, the same cannot be said for the cans of Kaley Cuoco's cans - Big, big fan), but one can't dismiss the effect of the show. I'm not sure it's as big as Seinfeld but it's close.

Pretty big deal, IMO.

Apparently Parsons wanted to move on.

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theo...sons-response/
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:54 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ugh. Sitcoms.

Pretty sure that's the lowest form of comedy aside form late night talk shows. There are 3 types of sitcoms. ALL sitcoms fall under these three formulas.

1. The 'friends in an apartment' format. I think this was pioneered by Seinfeld.

2. The family sitcom. No point in naming anything specific, we all know this one going back 40 years.

3. The workplace sitcom

All constantly spamming laugh tracks after non-jokes.

I don't get it. The only sitcom I remember liking that had a laugh track was Married With Children, and it was essentially a parody of family sitcoms.
Everything Ed O'Neill touches is gold. Modern Family is hilarious. My 2nd favorite after Married with children.
[Reply]
scho63 01:32 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Everything Ed O'Neill touches is gold. Modern Family is hilarious. My 2nd favorite after Married with children.
Have you ever seen the movie Dutch? It was fantastic. Really funny and a good story. :-)

He was also great as Popeye Doyle in the TV show version of the French Connection.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:24 PM 08-30-2018
he was great in Dutch.

great as a small character in Wayne's World.
[Reply]
Sorce 02:54 PM 08-30-2018
Thank God. This show is awful.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:01 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Thing with comfort food and network $$, anyone who thinks Chuck Lorre isn't going to have a 1/2 dozen more sitcoms just like it coming down the chute haven't been paying attention.

Grace Under Fire
Cybill
Dharma and Greg
2 1/2 Men
Mike and Molly
BBT
Mom
Young Sheldon
etc, etc.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:16 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
Have you ever seen the movie Dutch? It was fantastic. Really funny and a good story. :-)
I loved the line about hitting the guy so hard that his dog would bleed. :-)
[Reply]
sedated 03:23 PM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Does your TV not come with a remote control?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:23 PM 08-30-2018
Nothing burps like bacon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:06 PM 08-30-2018
Someone mentioned SOAP. The craziest sitcom ever. Cancelled before it could wrap up story lines. Shame.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:34 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This was my favorite show in grade school but for some reason it didn't age well when you watch reruns now.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:45 AM 09-01-2018
Do you think Parsons will thrive outside of BBT? I've not seen much range of acting from him (but I really haven't seen much of his other work) . He seems a niche player.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:58 AM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and **** New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

Cheers was great, but Frasier was better.

As for MASH, the first three seasons were probably the best comedy ever. But as the original cast started to drop off, it got worse and worse, and by the end was pretty much unwatchable. I generally won't watch any episodes after season four.

Loved Night Court and WKRP, neither of which ever got old or stale.

I think the two most consistently funny characters ever are Niles Crane from Frasier and Dan Fielding from Night Court.
I hate Seinfeld......and part of it may be because everyone talks about it like it is the greatest show ever. I found little to no humor for the most part, and like you found the characters unappealing...especially Jason Alexander's character.

Cheers....Night Court...WKRP. Loved all 3 of those shows, especially WKRP. Besides some of the good music you would hear occasionally played, the characters all were funny. I always thought Bailey was hot.....yeah Jennifer was the 'it" girl on the show, but for some reason Bailey was my pick

I agree with what someone else said about the Dan Fielding character....these days it would start a social media riot.

I enjoy BBT.....and most people would probably roll their eyes over it. But then again I also enjoy Last Man Standing, which I am glad is coming back.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:01 AM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
3 words :

Parks and Recreation

One of the best shows EVER.
Wow....I could never get into that show. People criticize the characters in BBT saying they are unrealistic....I would say that for Parks and Recreation. And 30 Rock.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:03 AM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:

He was also great as Popeye Doyle in the TV show version of the French Connection.
I love the movie Dutch....I make it one of my "always watch at Christmas" movies.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:10 AM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Thing with comfort food and network $$, anyone who thinks Chuck Lorre isn't going to have a 1/2 dozen more sitcoms just like it coming down the chute haven't been paying attention.

Grace Under Fire
Cybill
Dharma and Greg
2 1/2 Men
Mike and Molly
BBT
Mom
Young Sheldon
etc, etc.
Grace Under Fire & Dharma and Greg were good the first season and then just circled the bowl the 2nd.

Cybill, Mom & Mike and Molly from my point of view were never watchable.

2 1/2 Men was good for about the first 4 years....and to me went south after the whole Alan and Melissa thing.

I don't see Young Sheldon lasting that long....it will be interesting to see how it does when BBT leaves the air.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up