ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired]
Direckshun 02:16 PM 07-20-2018
Bunch of old tweets surfaced after some conservative activist outed some of his tweets from 2009-2012 making gross pedophilia jokes. Gunn hates President Trump's guts, so he was targeted by the group.

Somebody else here can post the tweets, as I'm on my phone, but mostly it reads like mindless stupidity, but yeah -- they were totally made in public on Twitter and Gunn works (worked) for Disney now, so.

I've got mixed feelings, but it's hard to argue that Gunn didn't deserve the ax, even though it's going to hurt the quality of one of the best movie properties out there.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:27 AM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
How is this not in DC yet??
It's a Marvel property.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:32 AM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Those tweets are hilarious!

People need to get over shit, this shit is dumb.

I was wondering if I was the only one getting a laugh out of some of those.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:55 AM 07-21-2018
those were some seriously bizarre tweets lol
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:14 AM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a Marvel property.

[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:29 AM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's a Marvel property.
This is the post of the day.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:30 AM 07-21-2018
I support Disney's decision here, not that they remotely give a shit.

We live in an era of online abuse and trolling, and any young kid who is bored to death and thinks it'll be largely consequence-less if he wants to spend his youth being an asshole on the internet needs to be aware that this behavior is not and is never acceptable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:45 PM 07-21-2018
Same guy that went after Gunn.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:55 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He already publicly apologized for it in 2012. Disney has known about it for years. So why did they wait till now to fire him?

Disney also made a film 24 years ago with a convicted child molester Victor Salva. Powder.

Something is fishy about this whole thing.
this is the problem when you allow all these companies to merge into just a few big conglomerates. The first hint of bad publicity, they get rid of you.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:02 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

We live in an era of online abuse and trolling, and any young kid who is bored to death and thinks it'll be largely consequence-less if he wants to spend his youth being an asshole on the internet needs to be aware that this behavior is not and is never acceptable.
I get what you're saying, but is context not a thing any longer? Was Gunn attacking with those tweets, or just trying too hard to make a joke (the tweet about Vegas, Rita Rudner, and Ed Hardy shirts was hilarious, though)? Fully agree that online bullying is a bigger problem than most people want to admit, but again, context. People need to realize that there is literally no way to prevent every single body from getting their feelings hurt from other people shooting off their mouths, unless you want to adapt controlled speech outlined by some governing body, and you can see for yourself how well that's working out for England. Disney can hire and fire whomever they want, but we're sliding up against constitutional issues here.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:08 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

The Progressive Left has sowed the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind. They stupidly thought that the rabid dog they were unleashing wouldn't come around and bite them too.
[Reply]
banecat 02:14 PM 07-21-2018
Not as funny as I thought that they were going to be when I read an article about them, but there still were a few good ones in there
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I get what you're saying, but is context not a thing any longer? Was Gunn attacking with those tweets, or just trying too hard to make a joke (the tweet about Vegas, Rita Rudner, and Ed Hardy shirts was hilarious, though)? Fully agree that online bullying is a bigger problem than most people want to admit, but again, context. People need to realize that there is literally no way to prevent every single body from getting their feelings hurt from other people shooting off their mouths, unless you want to adapt controlled speech outlined by some governing body, and you can see for yourself how well that's working out for England. Disney can hire and fire whomever they want, but we're sliding up against constitutional issues here.
all true but this guy is the one who pushed the Hillary is running a sex ring out of a pizza places basement. That didn’t even have a basement.

He should have no credibility to question anyone’s tweets. Shouldn’t even be allowed on social media. He incited violence. A guy actually pulled a gun in the pizza place and demanded the kids in the sex ring be let go.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:53 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The Progressive Left has sowed the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind. They stupidly thought that the rabid dog they were unleashing wouldn't come around and bite them too.
Precisely.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:22 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
all true but this guy is the one who pushed the Hillary is running a sex ring out of a pizza places basement. That didn’t even have a basement.

He should have no credibility to question anyone’s tweets. Shouldn’t even be allowed on social media. He incited violence. A guy actually pulled a gun in the pizza place and demanded the kids in the sex ring be let go.
No one needs credibility to assert demonstrable facts.

If Charlie Manson said that George Washington was America's first president, that wouldn't invalidate the information.

That's related to the corollary of the irrelevance of the bias of media publications if they're doing the same.

ie, 'on [date], [person] said [quote] about [other person or issue]'

- Can't believe you are citing MSNFOXHuffBreitPo for this!!!
[Reply]
vailpass 08:41 PM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Precisely. It’s even worse for them. They have to play by those rules they invented or see their movement die. So they end up eating their own again and again. Those outside of the prog circle aren’t as constrained.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up