ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The NFL doesn't think Mahomes is a first rounder.
BossChief 10:02 AM 04-14-2017
https://mobile.twitter.com/RLiuNFL/s...draft-and-more

There's the list of the 22 prospects that will attend the draft.

I'm kinda disappointed that if KC selects Mahomes, he won't be able to go on stage and do his thing...Kizer, Watson and Trubiski were all invited.

Odd.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:39 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
The funny thing is that a bunch of people on here thought that Geno Smith would have been a worthy #1 overall pick. :-)

Those same people are hyping up these mediocre QB prospects as 1st round talents. :-)

The cycle continues at CP.
Never did like Geno Smith.

Only QB I'm hyping is Mahomes. I have some issues with Watson. I kind of like Trubisky.

I'm not sure it's "pimping" when you know damn well at least 3 of these guys are going round 1, and it is entirely possible 4 or 5 go.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:41 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No Crow that is not accurate. He throws off of his back foot most of the time. It has been pointed out lots of times. No not when he is scrambling when he is still in the pocket. He relies on his arm strength and talent to overcome his flaws. He has lots of them.
LOL. Keep regurgitating shit. All I have to say about that.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:01 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
He wasn't a Manning but he certainly wasn't goddamn Pat Mahomes.
So , what are we to do. We have to fraft our Franchise QB but they all suck. You'll never be happy.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:32 PM 04-16-2017
I'll gladly eat a monster pile of Geno Smith level shit if I'm wrong about this kid. If I'm right, there's a few that need to belly up to the table as well.
[Reply]
Otter 05:52 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'll gladly eat a monster pile of Geno Smith level shit if I'm wrong about this kid. If I'm right, there's a few that need to belly up to the table as well.
If Mahomes is there when the Chiefs are up to pick and they don't take him I'm going drop another level in interest on this team. Your feelings mirror mine on this kid. Not ready day 1 but amazing potential if groomed correctly.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:58 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Don't get condescending and pissy. Nobody is pimping Smith in here so that is irrelevant.

I like Mahomes and think he can be a worthwhile prospect to develop as a qbotf. The key word being "develop" however. He has physical talents that allow him to get away with poor habits. His current comfort level in 3, 5, and 7 step drops from under center is inadequate for the next level - he has admitted as much. Mayock called it out out, Gruden pointed it out, and the only thing that will fix it is a lot of practice and time to groom it. Mahomes admitted he has never played under center EVER. What a dis-service high school and college coaching is doing to qb prospects nowadays.

You are separating a lot of the component mechanics in your analysis of him, which I think is accurate, but a lot of it goes back to footwork (weight transfer, torque, narrow/wide base, etc.)

The way I see Mahomes?
+ High ceiling with rare, elite arm talent and positive intangibles. Guts. Athletic enough to extend plays. Can make every throw.
- Bails the pocket and detects pressure that is not there. Will need time to acclimate to a pro-style scheme with regards to under-center play and verbiage. Makes high-risk decisions at times looking for the big play when game situations dictate otherwise. Ball security can be cleaned up.
I have been curious about this, and I have a little time tonight , so I am going to go through all of our snaps from this past season just to see how many were from under center.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 06:32 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
If Mahomes is there when the Chiefs are up to pick and they don't take him I'm going drop another level in interest on this team. Your feelings mirror mine on this kid. Not ready day 1 but amazing potential if groomed correctly.
Get ready because i don't think that Mahomes is the type of QB that Reid wants. I imagine that there are going to be some serious growing pains with him since he is an admitted gunslinger who just likes to see if he can make the really hard throws. A player that admits that coaches have told him to stop throwing with bad mechanics but he doesn't want to stop.

Pain in the ass

I don't think Reid wants a pain-in-the-ass, even if he turns out to be an elite QB.

What happens in this draft is going to be very telling unless all the top QBs are gone when the Chiefs pick. I wonder if Reid is hoping that they will all be gone?
[Reply]
-King- 07:06 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I did, right along with a video of Aaron Rodgers. You can feel free to go watch it.
No you didn't. When you read his scouting reports, don't you think it's odd you're the only one who thinks he doesn't have mechanical issues? You don't think it's odd that he's compared to Jay Cutler more than anybody else?

You think this is all bullshit? http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/
[Reply]
Coogs 07:25 PM 04-16-2017
After the first 8 games last season:

508 total plays.

344 out of shotgun for 68%
164 under center for 32%

Of those 164:

114 were rushes for 70%
50 were passes for 30%

Overall 50 pass plays from under center out of 508 total plays for just under 10%.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:47 PM 04-16-2017
What will it take to get a universal FUCK YEAH from our draft?

Round 1 - TJ Watt

Round 2 - Alvin Kamara

Round 3 - Pat Mahomes (I learned he sucks from this thread)

Would that do it?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:52 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
No you didn't. When you read his scouting reports, don't you think it's odd you're the only one who thinks he doesn't have mechanical issues? You don't think it's odd that he's compared to Jay Cutler more than anybody else?

You think this is all bullshit? http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/
Could have sworn I posted a comparison but here's my original post of the Rodgers vid in response to Mahomes:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=41

But, here's two vids you can watch side-by-side:

And yes, I have a problem with the article because they take a "sometimes he does this wrong" and turn it into "his footwork needs to be completely revamped." The point I'm trying to pound on the table right now is that this entire thought process is 100% wrong. MOST of the time, and that I'm saying is likely around 80-85%, the kid throws the ball from set feet and with fine mechanics. But it is that other 15-20% of the time where he's throwing these balls on awkward angles, off a hop, on the move without setting, etc, that these people are using to say there is some enormous problem. Simple fact is you can't just make gross overstatements. Now, you look at that 15-20% of "problematic" throws and you determine what of those were actually bad passes? 5%? 10%? What is it? Can you live with that? I sure as fuck can. For a guy that trusts his nutsack and is willing to put the ball into tight windows and make plays, you bet your ass I'll take the occasional shit throw. You know his position coaches in the NFL are going to absolutely hammer shit into this kid's head to keep him from making some of these errors. He picked up a good amount just working with Gruden for an hour, and you notice him changing the way he holds the ball throughout the video. I think Mahomes gets it and he knows he has to do some work in the NFL. He has to listen, or he won't make it. If this kid doesn't remind of you of Aaron Rodgers, then I'm not entirely sure I'll ever convince you and I sure know I'm done trying. What's that annoying saying down South? "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit?"
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:04 PM 04-16-2017
Let's not forget this very article could be a poker play pushed by some team that wants him to drop as well which IMHO is what this article is about.:-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 02:26 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
After the first 8 games last season:

508 total plays.

344 out of shotgun for 68%
164 under center for 32%

Of those 164:

114 were rushes for 70%
50 were passes for 30%

Overall 50 pass plays from under center out of 508 total plays for just under 10%.
just flat-out, good info. Thanks for doing that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:27 AM 04-17-2017
The Mahomes OU game is interesting. There was one drive his line commited 3 different fouls each time dude bounced back and completed 20+ yard completions. He's kind of frustrating because the arm and accuracy are there the mechanics suck and he doesn't stay in the pocket. Right Now Davis Webb is a better prospect similar arm and stays in the pocket. Mahomes has a higher ceiling though.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 04-17-2017
It's weird but I don't know that I really want a guy that has to rely on fundamentals to get by in college. It seems bassackwards, but if a guy is tapped physically and has to have all his mechanics in tow to get it done at that level, he's capped in the nfl.

IMO
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up