ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 172
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:11 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
will she even be in season 5? I get that she's a good actor and the character is well-received, but she should be done, IMO.
Yep. She must leave now. To be true to the way she has played her all during the show, she would obviously leave.

That said, they could just skip the time of her leaving and then Saul promising to change and taking him back. They spent a year brushing their teeth in a mirror. This would be easier.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:28 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Kim's gonna dump Jimmy like a sack of potatoes now.
Good. If I was Jimmy I'd be deathly tired of her judging looks and grumpy bitch attitude.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yep. She must leave now. To be true to the way she has played her all during the show, she would obviously leave.

That said, they could just skip the time of her leaving and then Saul promising to change and taking him back. They spent a year brushing their teeth in a mirror. This would be easier.
The problem is, from a showrunner's perspective, Rhea Seehorn has KILLED it.

Pure story arc? Yeah, she's probably unnecessary at this point. Then again, Michael McKean was spectacular as well and when his arc was over, he was pretty much out. Regardless of how badly the writers would've like to have kept McKean the actor involved in the show, there was just nothing left for him to do from a story standpoint.

Kim's reached a similar phase. There's a little meat left on the bones there but she's largely done anything they need her to do if they're trying to tell the story of Saul. As badly as they'd like to keep Seehorn the actress around, they'd need to be unnecessary elongating a story arc to do it.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:25 AM 10-12-2018
She will be there next season. The story needs to put a one or two more nails in Jimmy McGill's coffin. They brought back Chuck for the season finale to provide more story context, and I am sure that Kim's role will be more substantial, although diminishing.

Excellent acting by all, and the detailed story writing is so amazing.
[Reply]
sedated 10:31 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's a little meat left on the bones there but she's largely done anything they need her to do if they're trying to tell the story of Saul. As badly as they'd like to keep Seehorn the actress around, they'd need to be unnecessary elongating a story arc to do it.
If BCS has a jump from pre-BB to post-BB like the Omaha Gene scenes have hinted at, then it's likely Kim will continue to be a major part.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:46 PM 10-13-2018
That was a great episode. Wow. I still hope we see post bb Jimmy and how that ends. Assume Kim is out sometime next season. Mike's scene ...damn
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10-13-2018, 04:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Demonpenz.
Demonpenz 04:04 PM 10-13-2018
g
Attached: b28pyw7p3tr11.jpg (129.1 KB) 
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 PM 10-13-2018
Perhaps Kim has enough - moves back to Omaha - which is one of the reasons Saul "flees" there.
[Reply]
sedated 09:25 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Perhaps Kim has enough - moves back to Omaha - which is one of the reasons Saul "flees" there.
Welcome to 2 seasons ago.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:41 PM 10-19-2018
So when BCS is done and this conversation happens...

Person #1 "I need a show to watch on Netflex, I've always heard Breaking Bad is a great show... I should watch it!"

do we respond?
As Person #2 "You should really start with Better Call Saul, and THEN watch Breaking Bad."
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:07 AM 10-20-2018
I don’t think so. Most fuckers would say shits boring if they haven’t experienced the payoff.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:02 PM 10-21-2018

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:35 PM 10-22-2018
Good watch. I’m sure every montage has aspects I missed but that one at the last episode about brushing their teeth was downright amazing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 10-24-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, but, it's too boring/slow.
[Reply]
-King- 04:34 AM 11-13-2018
Welp...guess I gotta wait another year for the next season smh. Watched season 4 in 2and a half days. I absolutely hate waiting a week in between shows so I waited till the season ended to binge it. Still a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 121 of 172
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up