ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 171
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:41 AM 09-30-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav
I would watch it, but Maggie Gyllenhaal is so ugly she'd make infants cry.

I was rooting for her death in the Dark Knight.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:31 PM 10-09-2018
Just finished American vandal season 2. Season 1 was tough to get into at first but then I loved it. Hilarious.

Season 2... Wow. Not as funny as season 1. But the story is outstanding.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I would watch it, but Maggie Gyllenhaal is so ugly she'd make infants cry.

I was rooting for her death in the Dark Knight.
She was doable in that movie with James Spader.

But yeah, she was dogbeast ugly in Dark Knight, that's for damn sure. I can't think of anything else she's been in but needless to say, she's not a natural beauty...
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:25 PM 10-09-2018
i have to ask. even in dark themed movies. are all fucking canadians on tv 'just that polite'?

i'm watching this:

im going to finish the season, but godamnit if even the criminals come off as too polite when they should be 'feared'.

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:03 PM 10-15-2018
Has anyone seen any of this

I noticed it was making some waves over in Britain, but now it's coming to Netflix.
There is a gripping clip below [don't click if you don't want spoiled], that suggest some top notch action. Buut the trailer suggests more soap opera fare. Any takes on the quality of the show?

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:55 PM 10-15-2018
I haven't.

I'm assuming it isn't a remake of the early 90s flick?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:32 PM 10-15-2018
Watched all the series and can't wait for the next season.

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I noticed it was making some waves over in Britain, but now it's coming to Netflix.
There is a gripping clip below [don't click if you don't want spoiled], that suggest some top notch action. Buut the trailer suggests more soap opera fare. Any takes on the quality of the show?

[Reply]
Nickhead 08:50 PM 10-25-2018
now this reboot, is actually closer to a documentary than satire.

i was bored AF, so i watched the first season the other week. i loved the tongue n cheek humor. there are obviously issues with the acting, but for whatever reason this show cliqued with me :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:52 PM 10-25-2018

The Bodyguard - BBC
Read this week that the finale was the most watched scripted program in BBC history.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to set time aside.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:55 PM 10-25-2018
Read this week that the finale was the most watched scripted program in BBC history.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to set time aside.
I was thinking the same thing this afternoon.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:14 AM 11-06-2018

Saw it. I was impressed. It threw some damned haymakers that I wasn't expecting.

Writing was solid and kept me guessing until the last 5 minutes. Acting was pretty good, especially by the main character. Production is really good. Nothing hugely expensive but what it undertook it did well.

Not at all what I was expecting.

Recommended.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:42 PM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav
Karate Kid smoked Wu Tang!!
[Reply]
zimmer 12:21 PM 11-13-2018
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Big Bang Theory
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:10 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by zimmer:
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Big Bang Theory
OMG, what are these new shows you speak of? are they comedies, drama's, or dramadies?

what is the premise of these three shows you so highly speak of? :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:47 PM 11-13-2018
Not at all new, but the Aussie version of RAKE was surprisingly worth watching on Netflix. 5 seasons.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 171
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up