ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Big Bang Theory is done after 2019
Buehler445 02:58 PM 08-25-2018
I'm not a huge Big Bang Theory Fan (however, the same cannot be said for the cans of Kaley Cuoco's cans - Big, big fan), but one can't dismiss the effect of the show. I'm not sure it's as big as Seinfeld but it's close.

Pretty big deal, IMO.

Apparently Parsons wanted to move on.

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theo...sons-response/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:40 AM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Do you think Parsons will thrive outside of BBT? I've not seen much range of acting from him (but I really haven't seen much of his other work) . He seems a niche player.
He really played the same Kind of person in the show judging Amy. Geeky very straitlaced.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:53 PM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Grace Under Fire & Dharma and Greg were good the first season and then just circled the bowl the 2nd.

Cybill, Mom & Mike and Molly from my point of view were never watchable.

2 1/2 Men was good for about the first 4 years....and to me went south after the whole Alan and Melissa thing.

I don't see Young Sheldon lasting that long....it will be interesting to see how it does when BBT leaves the air.
Let's not forget how awful Two Broke Girls was. Absolutely terrible. And I could pretty much stare at Kat Dennings for half an hour without complaint and I still couldn't watch it.
[Reply]
OldSchool 01:27 PM 09-01-2018
Good. That show sucked ass anyways.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:01 PM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Let's not forget how awful Two Broke Girls was. Absolutely terrible. And I could pretty much stare at Kat Dennings for half an hour without complaint and I still couldn't watch it.
True...a big time waste of 30 minutes. But Kat Dennings is worth looking at.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:56 PM 09-01-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
True...a big time waste of 30 minutes. But Kat Dennings is worth looking at.
Maybe I should have tried muting the volume. That would have helped.

It seemed like the entire show was her making some deadpan, horribly timed wisecrack, then standing there with a blank look on her face as the forced laughter chimed in.

She's such a bad actress that she makes Kristen Stewart look like Katharine Hepburn.

Great rack, though. Perhaps if they had been strippers instead of waitresses the show would have been watchable.
[Reply]
Stewie 02:46 PM 09-24-2018
Big Bang is a complete ripoff of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Lead character is a physicist that is completely out of their realm socially. Pretty girl and other characters that are socially inept. Big Bang even stole specific 3rd Rock episodes. Will Forte and the other writers should get paid by Chuck Lorre for doing all his work.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:11 PM 09-24-2018
Big Bang Theory ended as soon as the characters started getting married and having babies. The quickest way to chase me away from a show is to add a baby or child to it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:12 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Big Bang is a complete ripoff of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Lead character is a physicist that is completely out of their realm socially. Pretty girl and other characters that are socially inept. Big Bang even stole specific 3rd Rock episodes. Will Forte and the other writers should get paid by Chuck Lorre for doing all his work.
I haven't seen that show in ages. I should check it out again to see if it's as funny now as it was then.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Stewie:
3rd rock from the sun was kind of about aliens dude.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 PM 09-24-2018
YOUNG SHELDON

GOD FRIENDED ME
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:02 AM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and **** New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

Cheers was great, but Frasier was better.

As for MASH, the first three seasons were probably the best comedy ever. But as the original cast started to drop off, it got worse and worse, and by the end was pretty much unwatchable. I generally won't watch any episodes after season four.

Loved Night Court and WKRP, neither of which ever got old or stale.

I think the two most consistently funny characters ever are Niles Crane from Frasier and Dan Fielding from Night Court.
Same. Never got into Seinfield.

Early Cheers might be the best sitcom ever. However, once Coach died and Diane left, the replacements weren't as good. Woody and Rebecca paled in comparison. Frasier was more consistent and Kelsey Grammar is a tour de force.

Yup, MASH peaked at its third season and steadily declined afterwards. Winchester was a great character and the only character worth watching after Season Eight. The show became Alda's soapbox. And MASH screwed up the writing with Frank and Radar turning both characters into one dimensional cutouts. BJ was just dull. And Klinger lacked the depth to be more than a gag character.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up