ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 153
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Frazod 12:55 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Rogue One and to a slightly lesser degree Solo were good to great films. The last 45 minutes of Rogue One are arguably some of the best Star Wars ever filmed, and Solo gets better with repeated viewing (for me, anyway).

And we all know why the Mouse Trilogy failed - for the exact opposite reasons The Mandalorian has been a runaway hit, and also KK or her minions weren't allowed creative input, thank goodness.
Yep. Rogue One and Solo are the best movies since the 80s. As I've said many times before, Solo came the closest to the fun, swashbuckling feel of the original.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:02 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yep. Rogue One and Solo are the best movies since the 80s. As I've said many times before, Solo came the closest to the fun, swashbuckling feel of the original.
Solo gets a bad wrap because it came out after the abortion that was The Last Jedi.

If it had come out before TLJ, I think it would have been a big box office hit.

Solo was cool and fun. I am amazed that Ron Howard was able to pull together a good film after all of the shit that went on during production.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Solo gets a bad wrap because it came out after the abortion that was The Last Jedi.

If it had come out before TLJ, I think it would have been a big box office hit.

Solo was cool and fun. I am amazed that Ron Howard was able to pull together a good film after all of the shit that went on during production.
It's unfortunate that we probably won't ever get a follow-up to Solo. All the ingredients were in place for a very interesting sequel.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:08 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's unfortunate that we probably won't ever get a follow-up to Solo. All the ingredients were in place for a very interesting sequel.
Yeah, there were some rumors about a Disney+ sequel.

Now there is a rumor that Han will appear in Mando Season 3---maybe if they use the same actor and it gets a positive response they might reconsider. (I seriously doubt it, but I also seriously doubted Star Wars could ever come back from TLJ, and now Lucasfilm is in a creative civil war and fans have hope.)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:38 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its everything the shitty movies are not, genuinely capturing the look and feel of the first trilogy... great storytelling and it cuts the use of CGI in half, if not more
Everything you see, outside of the practical sets, is VFX.

All of the background and everything you see was filmed inside of "The Volume", which is a massive LED display that encompasses the stage and the actors. When the actors move, the background moves because its controlled by Visual Effects Artists in real time.

It's the most amazing breakthrough in filmmaking since Technicolor and Season 2 is, IMO, lightyears ahead of Season 1 in terms story, acting and VFX.

We're entering the Golden Age of Star Wars.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 01-09-2021

Now there is a rumor that Han will appear in Mando Season 3---maybe if they use the same actor and it gets a positive response they might reconsider. (I seriously doubt it, but I also seriously doubted Star Wars could ever come back from TLJ, and now Lucasfilm is in a creative civil war and fans have hope.)
I haven't heard about Alden Ehrenreich appearing in The Mandalorian at any point but I have heard that it's "likely" that he appears in at least one episode of Lando, which is on track for a late 2022 release.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:49 PM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Everything you see, outside of the practical sets, is VFX.

All of the background and everything you see was filmed inside of "The Volume", which is a massive LED display that encompasses the stage and the actors. When the actors move, the background moves because its controlled by Visual Effects Artists in real time.

It's the most amazing breakthrough in filmmaking since Technicolor and Season 2 is, IMO, lightyears ahead of Season 1 in terms story, acting and VFX.

We're entering the Golden Age of Star Wars.
I'll definitely take your word on this, but man compared to the movies it sure seems like they make use of VFX a lot less often

Whatever they're doing works though thats for sure, it doesn't have that cheap 2D look anymore... color me impressed
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:14 PM 01-09-2021
I'll definitely take your word on this, but man compared to the movies it sure seems like they make use of VFX a lot less often

Whatever they're doing works though thats for sure, it doesn't have that cheap 2D look anymore... color me impressed
Favreau first used this tech on The Jungle Book, then The Lion King. He was the first to use it on a TV series but now, even Sony has created their own version of The Volume.

Season 1 is great but Season 2 blows it away visually. It's definitely worth $6.99 to watch the entire series along with the "Making Of" documentary called The Gallery, which is extremely insightful.

Plus for me, there's nothing better than watching a Round Table discussion featuring some of the best filmmakers working today.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:23 PM 01-09-2021
Favreau first used this tech on The Jungle Book, then The Lion King. He was the first to use it on a TV series but now, even Sony has created their own version of The Volume.

Season 1 is great but Season 2 blows it away visually. It's definitely worth $6.99 to watch the entire series along with the "Making Of" documentary called The Gallery, which is extremely insightful.

Plus for me, there's nothing better than watching a Round Table discussion featuring some of the best filmmakers working today.
My buddy was definitely hammering me about it last night

"Dude $7 is worth it for this show alone!"
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:27 PM 01-09-2021

Yeah, it's all CGI, but instead of filming in front of a blue or green screen and keying all the effects in, they basically surround the actors with a prerendered projection of the cg environments. It's hella cool.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:44 PM 01-09-2021
My buddy was definitely hammering me about it last night

"Dude $7 is worth it for this show alone!"
Disney+ is a amazing. It's probably more amazing if you have young kids like me, but it's worth every penny to watch The Mandalorian, every Star Wars movie or documentary ever along with The Clone Wars animated series and Star Wars Rebels. I even enjoy the Lego Star Wars shorts and series because they're very well done and fun.

I've mentioned this a few times but last summer, my kids and I watched every Marvel film in chronological order. We did it every night for 23 straight days and the films are even better when watching them chronology because every little thing and every nuance is still in your head.

It was super cool to see a line of dialog or small plot point come that was first seen or heard in Iron Man or Captain America The First Avenger or the Thor films in Infinity Wars and Endgame, it makes it even all the more fun.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:40 PM 01-09-2021
Just imagine what the new movies could've been like if Favreau and co had been in charge... it would've been everything we expected
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:10 PM 01-09-2021
Disney+ is a amazing. It's probably more amazing if you have young kids like me, but it's worth every penny to watch The Mandalorian, every Star Wars movie or documentary ever along with The Clone Wars animated series and Star Wars Rebels. I even enjoy the Lego Star Wars shorts and series because they're very well done and fun.

I've mentioned this a few times but last summer, my kids and I watched every Marvel film in chronological order. We did it every night for 23 straight days and the films are even better when watching them chronology because every little thing and every nuance is still in your head.

It was super cool to see a line of dialog or small plot point come that was first seen or heard in Iron Man or Captain America The First Avenger or the Thor films in Infinity Wars and Endgame, it makes it even all the more fun.

I also enjoy watching the classic back catalog stuff that i grew up on....Like the old Kurt Russell and Dean Jones comedies. Admittedly, alot of that stuff hasnt aged well.

But yes. Disney+ is amazing for the money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 PM 01-09-2021

people who had no idea who Bill Burr was loved him in season 1. He got another episode the next season because fans liked the wise cracking character. It was also well received.

Maybe Han could make an appearance and everyone’s reminded how cool he is and we get another Solo movie?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:53 PM 01-09-2021
Just seeing the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 teaming up for a mission would bring about nerdgasms hitherto unforeseen (Luke appearing the obvious exception).
[Reply]
Page 108 of 153
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up