ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 153
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 12-22-2020
Nice.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/jo...et-1234606005/

Originally Posted by :
Hamill’s tweet only said “involvement,” which left things ambiguous at the time regarding how “The Mandalorian” pulled off the Luke Skywalker scene.

Many believed Max Lloyd Jones acted the entire sequence as Luke and Hamill provided the voice, but Favreau said otherwise, as Hamill was on set filming scenes as Luke.

It would appear Jones handled Luke’s action beats while Hamill acted in the scene where Luke came face to face with Baby Yoda and took him away for Jedi training.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:29 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's got to be killing that bitch how well Star Wars is doing now that she's been defanged and kicked to the curb.

Go make me turkey pot pie.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:01 PM 12-22-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I hope either of Filoni or Favreau gets her spot one day.
While I'd definitely like to see someone else as president of Lucasfilm, I'd rather Favreau and Filoni continue as Creatives and not Admin/Decision makers. At this point in time, F&F have a Blank Check at Lucasfilm, which allows them to pretty much do whatever they want to do in the Star Wars Universe (and in Favreau's case, he already had Carte Blanche in the MCU as well).

Lucasfilm needs their Kevin Feige, someone far younger than KK and more in touch with not only the source material but fans as well. It needs to be someone that understands filmmakers, such as a successful producer like KK but someone far more in tune with the Star Wars Galaxy.

If either Filoni or Favreau were to take on the role as president, either guy would need to pull back from daily production, like that of The Mandalorian, Rangers of the New Republic and The Book of Boba Fett (along with Robert Rodriguez) to take on more an Executive/Admin role, which would weaken their ability to tell stories and be creative, which is really who they are as people: Storytellers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:20 PM 12-22-2020
Step up, Dane.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:29 PM 12-22-2020
Step up, Dane.
Dude, while I greatly appreciate the kind words, the last thing I want to do with my life is to go back to Admin and give up creating every day.

My soul was dying while making other people's dreams come true.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:32 PM 12-22-2020
Step up, Dane.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 12-22-2020
I think that's why George was so good at it.

He sucked at everything else :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:36 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, while I greatly appreciate the kind words, the last thing I want to do with my life is to go back to Admin and give up creating every day.

My soul was dying while making other people's dreams come true.
At least tell some your buddies or acquaintances at Disney production/ creative team to add certain elements of Lucas' new trilogy treatment elements .

[Reply]
Bowser 05:26 PM 12-22-2020
While I'd definitely like to see someone else as president of Lucasfilm, I'd rather Favreau and Filoni continue as Creatives and not Admin/Decision makers. At this point in time, F&F have a Blank Check at Lucasfilm, which allows them to pretty much do whatever they want to do in the Star Wars Universe (and in Favreau's case, he already had Carte Blanche in the MCU as well).

Lucasfilm needs their Kevin Feige, someone far younger than KK and more in touch with not only the source material but fans as well. It needs to be someone that understands filmmakers, such as a successful producer like KK but someone far more in tune with the Star Wars Galaxy.

If either Filoni or Favreau were to take on the role as president, either guy would need to pull back from daily production, like that of The Mandalorian, Rangers of the New Republic and The Book of Boba Fett (along with Robert Rodriguez) to take on more an Executive/Admin role, which would weaken their ability to tell stories and be creative, which is really who they are as people: Storytellers.
Fair enough, and good non-emotional perspective.

KK can stay on in her current role as long as she takes a 20% pay cut (to help fund future endeavors by F&F) and stays hidden in the shadows of Lucasfilm. I feel like that is reasonable, especially considering the success Lucasfilm has had when she's not determining the course. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 PM 12-22-2020
Legit can't understand why this was so hard for Kathleen Kennedy to figure out. Star Wars is not that hard to make quality content for.
[Reply]
notorious 06:45 PM 12-22-2020
Good lord, The Volume is insane:

That is incredible!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
That is incredible!
It’s just absolutely amazing tech and the crazy thing is that it’s still in its relative infancy, as it was developed for Favreau’s Jungle Book and used for that movie, The Lion King and The Mandalorian.

I can’t even imagine what it will be like in 5 years...
[Reply]
notorious 08:16 PM 12-22-2020
It’s just absolutely amazing tech and the crazy thing is that it’s still in its relative infancy, as it was developed for Favreau’s Jungle Book and used for that movie, The Lion King and The Mandalorian.

I can’t even imagine what it will be like in 5 years...
I can only imagine how much it helps the actors to see their surroundings.

I watched how the prequels were made and it shows exactly why the actors were shall we say, cold and withdrawn.

Yes, I know they weren't the best actors, but it's got to be hard to act when you are surrounded by nothing but green yet told to act like there is a lot of sci-fi shit going on around you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Legit can't understand why this was so hard for Kathleen Kennedy to figure out.
I can.

Just had to have a female lead in a male-centric space fantasy.

Then hiring JJ ensured it wouldn't work.

They should have hired Rian from the BEGINNING.

Rian had the right idea (originality), he was just given shit to work with because JJ gave him nothing.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 153
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Up