ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 1207
« First < 192526272829 3031323339791295291029 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
cdcox 09:02 PM 10-24-2015
Whilst on holiday in London this August, we stumbled upon a delightful gastropub in our neighborhood, a few blocks from Marble Arch. They served the most delicious short rib pot pie with cheddar cheese crust. Today I set myself to the task of creating my own version. Six hours later, this was the outcome:
Attached: image.jpg (66.0 KB) 
[Reply]
cdcox 09:04 PM 10-24-2015
A close up revealing the prize:
Attached: image.jpg (81.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Buzz 09:08 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I am way too sober for this thread.

You shut your horse mouth meat peeking peepers! Yea, I don't know what he was talking about either and I'm pretty good about reading drunk.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by cdcox:
That looks amazing.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:17 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
You shut your horse mouth meat peeking peepers! Yea, I don't know what he was talking about either and I'm pretty good about reading drunk.

All right. I've had a few shots of tequila and I'm working on a very large rum and Coke. I will translate once I get there.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:20 PM 10-24-2015
That looks good, is it shredded roast with brown gravy in a pie crust?
[Reply]
cdcox 09:31 PM 10-24-2015
That looks good, is it shredded roast with brown gravy in a pie crust?
It is short ribs, browned in flour, then simmered for about 4 hours in wine, onions, garlic, tomato paste, and fresh rosemary and thyme. The the crust is a hot water pastry with cheddar cheese blended in. Crazy good.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:32 PM 10-24-2015
It is short ribs, browned in flour, then simmered for about 4 hours in wine, onions, garlic, tomato paste, and fresh rosemary and thyme. The the crust is a hot water pastry with cheddar cheese blended in. Crazy good.
Damn. That sounds incredible. Looks really good too, nice pics.
[Reply]
Buzz 09:36 PM 10-24-2015

Judging from the size, count me in for about 3 of those bad boyz.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:42 PM 10-24-2015
I just had my OctoberFeast party tonight and am very thankful that I had the energy to do it all, as my new chemotherapy has been making me tired. I made sauerbraten, which is a 3 day process, baked two loaves of rye bread yesterday, made salad, mashed potatoes, cooked the sauerbraten and made the sauce today, and made Danish apple crumb cake for dessert. That is made of bread crumbs sautéed in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, then put in a dish, topped with apple sauce and I added some small chunks of Braeburn apple, more crumbs, more apple sauce, whipped cream (yes, I did it old school with a hand held egg beater!) and topped with shaved chocolate.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:43 PM 10-24-2015
Judging from the size, count me in for about 3 of those bad boyz.
That would be about the same size as a full size double crust pie containing 2 lbs of meat. I ate mine and about 4 bites of my wife's and am completely satisfied. If I choked down 2, I'd be ready to pop.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:45 PM 10-24-2015
Dammit, didn't add the pic to my post, so here it is...
Attached: Sauerbratenready.jpg (122.9 KB) 
[Reply]
listopencil 09:45 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I just had my OctoberFeast party tonight and am very thankful that I had the energy to do it all, as my new chemotherapy has been making me tired. I made sauerbraten, which is a 3 day process, baked two loaves of rye bread yesterday, made salad, mashed potatoes, cooked the sauerbraten and made the sauce today, and made Danish apple crumb cake for dessert. That is made of bread crumbs sautéed in butter, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, then put in a dish, topped with apple sauce and I added some small chunks of Braeburn apple, more crumbs, more apple sauce, whipped cream (yes, I did it old school with a hand held egg beater!) and topped with shaved chocolate.
You're the man. I was proud of myself for being awake enough to make coffee this morning when I badly needed it.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:50 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You're the man. I was proud of myself for being awake enough to make coffee this morning when I badly needed it.
I will sleep well tonight! I do like putting on a big dinner party and having a feast. It's a lot of work, setting up, cleaning up and all, but I enjoy it. Strangely enough, I am not a coffee drinker, though!
[Reply]
cdcox 10:00 PM 10-24-2015
I have wanted to make sauerbraten for the last several years but have never planned a time to do it.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 1207
« First < 192526272829 3031323339791295291029 > Last »
Up