ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1028 of 1207
« First < 28528928978101810241025102610271028 1029103010311032103810781128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:01 AM 07-27-2020
Those look good, and I don't care for stuffed peppers
[Reply]
Pablo 08:59 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Those look good, and I don't care for stuffed peppers
Yeah I usually don't either but I've got my recipe down these last couple of times and they've turned out great so it's a relatively healthy meal I'll stick in the rotation. Usually my wife suggests them.

I used a mix of Monterey jack and Cajun cheddar from Osceola cheese Co on the top and that's a fucking winner.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:50 AM 07-27-2020
Good job. Now that fresh peppers have hit the market maybe we will give some a run. Actually sounds good to me now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:56 PM 07-31-2020
Our July PNW fish coop arrived the other day. Saw Wild Alaskan Cod and immediately furthered my quest to master fish tacos.

This go around I steamed the cod in an instant pot and dressed with lime soaked cabbage, cherry tomato, and a minced garlic, cilantro (forgive me FMB), and lime juice crema. Flour tortilla of course.

First thought, super fresh and delish. Second thought, missed the cod portion. Needed more fish to fill out the tacos. Third thought, would add the chopped cabbage into the crema and up the heat factor slightly with some chipotles. Really pleased with the flavors and quality of fish though.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:47 PM 07-31-2020
My ****a, looks great

How do you make your crema?

I use sour cream mixed with the sweet sauce (no actual peppers, too hot) from a can of chipotles, then water it down with milk so it pours on like a sauce... not gloppy like plain sour cream
[Reply]
lewdog 04:48 PM 07-31-2020
Sell me on a pressure cooker/air fryer combo. Worth it?

And what brand if looking to purchase off Amazon, price not a concern?

The Amazon choice product in this category is the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-A...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:45 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My ****a, looks great

How do you make your crema?

I use sour cream mixed with the sweet sauce (no actual peppers, too hot) from a can of chipotles, then water it down with milk so it pours on like a sauce... not gloppy like plain sour cream
I just used sour cream, minced garlic, cilantro, thinned out with lime juice. I'd like more heat but don't want to take away from the fish so definitely like the idea of adobo sauce with maybe a few chopped chipotles. Interesting adding the milk. I may give that a try next time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:52 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sell me on a pressure cooker/air fryer combo. Worth it?

And what brand if looking to purchase off Amazon, price not a concern?

The Amazon choice product in this category is the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-A...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
We have a 6qt 9-1 instant pot with the air fryer attachment, which I find mostly useless. Just too small for 6qt so definitely spring for a larger one if going the airfryer route imo.

I've barely scratched the surface of instant pot usage. Seems like they have a cult following of people that use it for everything. That said, there are some awesome keto sites for instant pot with some good recipes...look up crack chicken (super trashy but legit good). We use ours mostly for roasts and hard/soft boiled eggs but I just discovered how to use it as a steamer so plan to start doing steamed veg and more fish. Also plan to use it to make homemade broths.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:02 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
We have a 6qt 9-1 instant pot with the air fryer attachment, which I find mostly useless. Just too small for 6qt so definitely spring for a larger one if going the airfryer route imo.

I've barely scratched the surface of instant pot usage. Seems like they have a cult following of people that use it for everything. That said, there are some awesome keto sites for instant pot with some good recipes...look up crack chicken (super trashy but legit good). We use ours mostly for roasts and hard/soft boiled eggs but I just discovered how to use it as a steamer so plan to start doing steamed veg and more fish. Also plan to use it to make homemade broths.
Looking at the Ninja version now. Supposed to be a better air fryer than the Instapot. I know you said you felt like the air fryer was over-rated but I do think we'd use it for the little one quite a bit. Frozen chicken nuggets, fries, tater tots for him.

I like the pressure cooker part for cooking frozen meat easily. I try to hit about 200g of protein per day so Sunday usually has me cooking 8+lbs of chicken for the week. Being able to put in some frozen breasts and cook them quickly for a few daysat a time would be pretty time saving I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-FD401-F...s%2C762&sr=8-4
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:24 AM 08-01-2020
Looking at the Ninja version now. Supposed to be a better air fryer than the Instapot. I know you said you felt like the air fryer was over-rated but I do think we'd use it for the little one quite a bit. Frozen chicken nuggets, fries, tater tots for him.

I like the pressure cooker part for cooking frozen meat easily. I try to hit about 200g of protein per day so Sunday usually has me cooking 8+lbs of chicken for the week. Being able to put in some frozen breasts and cook them quickly for a few daysat a time would be pretty time saving I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-FD401-F...s%2C762&sr=8-4
What I like about the air fryer attachment is just that, it's an attachment to the existing instant pot instead of a full stand alone piece of equipment. Ours is just too small to service 2 people efficiently. Like airfrying enough wings for 2 people in a 6qt instant pot is like 3 batches minimum and 30+ minutes, so I'd rather just order in at that point and save myself the cleanup. 6qt of just instant pot cooking though is fine for 2 people. Any more and I'd spring for something bigger like an 8qt.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:11 AM 08-01-2020
We have the 6qt Emiril's version, but I wish we had gone 8qt. As for selling it, there's no need, they're just awesome. Just, please (because I know you're health conscious), get one that has a Sous Vide and Yogurt (healthy!!!) options. I'm beyond shocked at how much we use those two features.

Just do it (no Homo Nike!!), you won't regret it. :-)
[Reply]
Ceej 11:14 AM 08-01-2020
Bacon wrapped meatloaf, and baked mini bell peppers tonight.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:41 PM 08-01-2020
I just used sour cream, minced garlic, cilantro, thinned out with lime juice. I'd like more heat but don't want to take away from the fish so definitely like the idea of adobo sauce with maybe a few chopped chipotles. Interesting adding the milk. I may give that a try next time.
Hmm, I actually like your idea better... instead of squeezing on lime, just use it to thin out the sour
[Reply]
lewdog 03:49 PM 08-01-2020

I think we’re going with the 8 QT then. Instapot looks better than Ninja actually now that I’m reviewing. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-A...ot+aur+&sr=8-3
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:32 PM 08-01-2020
I think we’re going with the 8 QT then. Instapot looks better than Ninja actually now that I’m reviewing. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-A...ot+aur+&sr=8-3
From Costco today. Just information.

[Reply]
Page 1028 of 1207
« First < 28528928978101810241025102610271028 1029103010311032103810781128 > Last »
Up