ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 459
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM 05-03-2009
Originally Posted by Shag:
Good luck with that! Sounds like you are going it alone? I'm afraid to make a major swing change without guidance - I just can't feel what I'm doing well enough to know if I'm doing it correctly.

I actually read up on slicefixer's swing last summer, but found I didn't quite understand the drills well enough to do them on my own, specifically the 9-to-3. It seems like one of those drills that you could think you're doing right, but be doing very wrong, and just screw yourself up more. I was never able to find an explanation that really clicked for me on that one, though admittedly, I didn't look all that hard. Making a major swing change is a huge commitment, and takes a lot of patience - hope it works out for you.

I'm working on setting up some lessons for myself to try and improve my ball striking. I have a similar problem with flippy hands/wrists, and haven't been able to get over that on my own. Put up an 84 yesterday, which is great (for me) for my first full round this season, but my iron play pretty much sucked - need to get that fixed...
I've had more swing coaches in my life than one would know what to do with. I played golf in college, and my coaches were always tweaking with my swing. I'd get all the lessons in the summer I could handle. I'll admit, I don't have a real pretty looking swing. I do a forward press at my set up on all my clubs, and I have a closed stance on most of my shots and my swing looks raw and jerky. But, the less I think about it. The better I do. I make adjustments MYSELF, based on how I am hitting the ball and my tendencies, but for the most part my swing remains the same.

Every fall and spring I'd work my ass off watching video with my coaches and with golf pros, and they'd tell me to do this and that. I'd end up playing like crap when I listened to them. In the summer time tournaments away from school I'd play 10x times better because I don't have somebody in my ear telling me how I should be hitting the ball. I shot 69-71-74-72 in consecutive tournaments in the summer of 2003 after I had averaged like 79 in school ball. Once you play enough, you get a feel for your own swing, and what little adjustments you need to make to grind through your round. Thing that always held me back was my putting and chipping, not how I hit the ball.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 01:03 PM 05-03-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Are you interested in selling your TM?

And if so, what shaft does it have in it?

Probably not. I hit my TM too good and too far to get rid of. It has the re-ax 65 shaft in it. I love the club and have matching 3 and 5 woods to go with it - first matching set of woods I've had since I bought a set of wilsons right after I started playing 20 years ago. Well, they almost match. The driver and 3 match, I haven't had the 5 long enough to put an idiot mark across the top of it by going under a ball like the Driver and 3 have, but I'm sure it won't take long to add one to the 5 wood.
[Reply]
kstater 12:01 PM 05-10-2009
Who's ready to watch Checka piss down his leg? He's decided he's going to wear a red shirt with black pants, he says he's not intimidated by Tiger. Heh, we'll see how that goes.
[Reply]
kstater 12:07 PM 05-10-2009
I guess he thought better of it, he's wearing black. He had said yesterday he was going to wear red.
[Reply]
kstater 12:26 PM 05-10-2009
aaand he puts it in the crowd with his first shot. He's going to need a good shot early or it could get ugly in a hurry.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 12:51 PM 05-10-2009
tiger in the water....first time i've witnessed that
[Reply]
kstater 01:06 PM 05-10-2009
Everybody hacking around the course.
[Reply]
kstater 01:40 PM 05-10-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
Who's ready to watch Checka piss down his leg? He's decided he's going to wear a red shirt with black pants, he says he's not intimidated by Tiger. Heh, we'll see how that goes.
Well Checha has pissed down his leg. But so has Tiger. He's got an absolutely must make birdie putt coming up to get within 3 of Crane.
[Reply]
kstater 02:00 PM 05-10-2009
Sheesh, at this rate, the 4 under posted hours ago is going to win the fucking tournament.
[Reply]
kstater 02:08 PM 05-10-2009
Chejka now +6 through 8.
[Reply]
Shag 03:00 PM 05-10-2009
The phrase "get in the hole" should be punishable by death upon utterance at any golf event...
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:28 PM 05-24-2009
Hit a hole in one Wednesday night. Back tees, 158 yards, 9 iron.

[Reply]
Pablo 09:32 PM 05-24-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Hit a hole in one Wednesday night. Back tees, 158 yards, 9 iron.

Congrats.
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:36 PM 05-24-2009
My golf ball off beer can......shitty video sorry

[Reply]
Braincase 08:31 PM 06-27-2009
The two courses I played on Oahu were Ko-olau and Olomana. Ko'olau is the course you want to play if you've accrued a large collection of golf balls and you want to lose them. It calls itself the toughest golf course in the U.S., and if there is a tougher course, I'm not going anywhere near it. Abolutely insane. Club rentals were either beaten-up King Cobra sets or beaten-up Callaway sets.

Olomana is the course you play to relax. Easy track, lots of short par-4's, wide-open, and for club rentals they give you brand new Taylormade Burner wood & iron sets. Wow. Had the best round I've had in 20 years. Hit the ball as hard as you want, and you can find your ball afterwards. Driver/wedge on all of the par 4's, and the fives are reachable in two for the hacker with the average distance. It's not a resort, it's a muni, but a beautiful muni course on the east side of Oahu. Staff was very kind, pace was nice, and they let singles on. Gave me a bucket of balls to get acclimated to the clubs.

Play Olomana. Avoid Ko-olau like the fricken plague, unless you're a masochist, or you want to silence your buddies when they talk about how tough a course is... you'll be able to pipe in and say, "This is nothing... you oughta see Ko'olau on Oahu."
[Reply]
Page 105 of 459
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up