ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy
oaklandhater 01:12 PM 07-31-2020
https://www.businessinsider.com/kush...-report-2020-7

Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

Some members of Jared Kushner's coronavirus task force believed the pandemic would affect Democratic areas worse and may have adjusted accordingly, Vanity Fair reported.
In March and early April, Kushner gathered a team to devise a nationwide coronavirus testing plan.
A public-health expert in regular contact with the team told the magazine that "the political folks" thought a nationwide response was a bad political move.
At the time, outbreaks were worst in Democratic-voting states and cities. The source suggested that some close to Kushner thought it was best to hold back and blame governors.
Kushner's plan was indeed dropped in favor of a mainly state-by-state response. Since then, cases have surged in states on both sides of the political divide.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Members of Jared Kushner's coronavirus task force considered a national-scale testing plan early in the US's coronavirus outbreak.

However, according to a new Vanity Fair report, the plan never came to be, partly because the task force thought it would be better politically to hold off.

The logic, a source told Vanity Fair, was that the virus would hit Democratic-voting areas hardest and that the damage could be blamed on governors instead.

In March and early April, Kushner, a senior White House adviser, led a task force, parallel to the White House's official efforts, to devise a plan to accelerate coronavirus testing and supply chains nationwide.

Ultimately, that was abandoned, and President Donald Trump shifted much of the responsibility for controlling outbreaks to individual states.

A public-health expert who was in regular contact with Kushner's team told Vanity Fair's Katherine Eban that political reasoning may have influenced the decision.

"The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy," the unnamed expert said.

The expert also said the final call would have been Kushner's. "It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out," they said.

When the team was working, New York was the epicenter of the US's coronavirus outbreak, with more than 300,000 cases by early April.

It's not the first time the Trump administration has been accused of using politicized reasoning in its pandemic response.

The president wore a face mask in public for the first time in early July, and he has recently signaled a more serious take on a pandemic that he had previously downplayed.

On Monday, however, reports emerged that Trump's pivot may have been motivated by advisers showing him increases in cases in Republican and swing states — "our people," a senior administration official told The Washington Post.

Several states, both red and blue, have seen significant increases in coronavirus cases since beginning to ease lockdowns. Arizona, Florida, and Texas — all of which have Republican governors — are among the states that now have more than 1,000 cases per 100,000 people.
[Reply]
seamonster 05:03 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I always said naturally.

I wouldn't wish a covid death on my worst enemy.
A "covid death" is what happens to people that die of the fucking flu. Which liberals might also get and die from because they've pussified their immune systems by cowering in place and avoiding the general public.
[Reply]
eDave 05:23 PM 08-01-2020
Kushner looks like my second toe, without nail polish.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:26 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If there was a contagious AND lethal pandemic tomorrow, how prepared with the US be? Not being prepared is excusable. That is some might strong Kool aid if you seriously think the US is in a good place right now.
We're where we are because too many people bought into the bullshit a reality TV personality / real estate shyster was and still is feeding them.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:40 PM 08-01-2020
^^^^Oaktards little brother is in the house
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:12 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm reading all of this and picturing you just puking up leftist fear mongering propaganda. The correct answer is that no country is prepared for a TRUE society ending or extinction level event in the form of a virus. But keep hating on Trump, because this is all what this really is.
You are assuming it's some kind of nuclear apocalypse. Suppose this was just a more contagious version of swine flu. Or some kind of disease where just like coronavirus spread can be controlled by social distancing and hygiene.

Again, answer the question. How prepared is the US vs the rest of the world? Everybody knows the answer to that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:25 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You are assuming it's some kind of nuclear apocalypse. Suppose this was just a more contagious version of swine flu. Or some kind of disease where just like coronavirus spread can be controlled by social distancing and hygiene.

Again, answer the question. How prepared is the US vs the rest of the world? Everybody knows the answer to that.
The fact that you even think it's that much of a problem to be prepared for is revealing. The people reporting millions of deaths, beginning with Ferguson, then reiteratred by Fux-Chi and Scarf Lady all share one thing in common—they are all tied to Bill Gates. Gates has been setting himself up to the our saviors over it with Big Pharma.

SwineFlu kills 6-70% of what it touches. THAT's a real pandemic—not this with a high survival rate of over 99.5% or thereabouts, which currently can be treated as we've learned more about it.

All this baloney about being prepared, is just BS to build more controls over us. Sheep follow.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:38 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The fact that you even think it's that much of a problem to be prepared for is revealing. The people reporting millions of deaths, beginning with Ferguson, then reiteratred by Fux-Chi and Scarf Lady all share one thing in common—they are all tied to Bill Gates. Gates has been setting himself up to the our saviors over it with Big Pharma.

SwineFlu kills 6-70% of what it touches. THAT's a real pandemic—not this with a high survival rate of over 99.5% or thereabouts, which currently can be treated as we've learned more about it.

All this baloney about being prepared, is just BS to build more controls over us. Sheep follow.
I already said coronavirus is contagious and mostly non lethal. I am asking how prepared America would be if we face a virus that is both contagious and lethal.

And saying preparedness is BS is insane. I pray you never get hit with a hurricane. The reason we respond well to natural disasters is because we have decades of practice and refinement. This is our first run at a true pandemic response in a long time. Expected to make mistakes early on. But if this is a dry run for how we'll respond to figure health crises lord help us.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:50 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I already said coronavirus is contagious and mostly non lethal. I am asking how prepared America would be if we face a virus that is both contagious and lethal.

And saying preparedness is BS is insane. I pray you never get hit with a hurricane.
I've been hit by 6 or 7. Don't lecture me about prepardness. I am prepared and prepare more when one is approaching. I don't need the state to run my life on it. All the state can do is tell is something is coming.

You used the "US" which is a state.

Originally Posted by :
The reason we respond well to natural disasters is because we have decades of practice and refinement. This is our first run at a true pandemic response in a long time. Expected to make mistakes early on. But if this is a dry run for how we'll respond to figure health crises lord help us.
Stop moving the goalposts to natural disasters. We already have a CDC, even if it is corrupt. Your argument is about increasing state controls, excessive spending because of living life, as if the state should now protect against all coronaviruses. This is a dry-run for totalitarians. Meanwhile,we're a nation expanding obesity with a stupid food pyramid the state claims makes one healthy. :-) Can't make it up.

The state is the problem—not the solution. This time it crashed the economy and destroyed tens of millions of livelihoods, and led to more suicides and relapses in drug rehab cases than Covid deaths. Meanwhile, Gates is out there saying a worse one is coming. Oh,and he has the solution—mandatory vaccines. He also this one was coming a couple of years ago, along with his puppet Faux-Chi and Scarf Lady.

Police State is being built. You're always for more of it and more spending.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Stop moving the goalposts to natural disasters. We already have a CDC, even if it is corrupt. Your argument is about increasing state controls, excessive spending because of living life, as if the state should now protect against all coronaviruses. This is a dry-run for totalitarians. Meanwhile,we're a nation expanding obesity with a stupid food pyramid the state claims makes one healthy. :-) Can't make it up.

The state is the problem—not the solution. This time it crashed the economy and destroyed tens of millions of livelihoods, and led to more suicides and relapses in drug rehab cases than Covid deaths. Meanwhile, Gates is out there saying a worse one is coming. Oh,and he has the solution—mandatory vaccines. He also this one was coming a couple of years ago, along with his puppet Faux-Chi and Scarf Lady.

Police State is being built.
Buzzword bingo again. We have to put pressure on the CDC and WHO to do much much better. That is not an excuse for the US response. Trump could have created a strong disaster response independent of those organizations if he wanted to. Instead he decided to discredit public health entirely.

Regardless of how you feel about the coronavirus, I don't know how anyone can be against more testing or PPE. And if we are failing this badly at a manageable pandemic lord help us with one where lockdown is a necessity.
[Reply]
SFfan79 12:07 PM 08-02-2020
Holy shit! I didn't think oakturd could show that he was even more of an idiot than he already was. But he did. Then he gets some of his relatives in here to show how stupid they can be.

Whether or not one wants to believe or not believe how serious this virus is/isn't, the narrative should have always been about saving lives while keeping the economy and society going. But no. The democrats have politicized this from the very get go making everyone with a brain question the data that is coming out.

If there was no money for covid deaths we wouldn't be in the stupid state we are currently in.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 12:11 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by SFfan79:
Holy shit! I didn't think oakturd could show that he was even more of an idiot than he already was. But he did. Then he gets some of his relatives in here to show how stupid they can be.

Whether or not one wants to believe or not believe how serious this virus is/isn't, the narrative should have always been about saving lives while keeping the economy and society going. But no. The democrats have politicized this from the very get go making everyone with a brain question the data that is coming out.

If there was no money for covid deaths we wouldn't be in the stupid state we are currently in.
You do know Trump is in charge right.....?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:13 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I've been hit by 6 or 7. Don't lecture me about prepardness. I am prepared and prepare more when one is approaching. I don't need the state to run my life on it. All the state can do is tell is something is coming.

You used the "US" which is a state.


Stop moving the goalposts to natural disasters. We already have a CDC, even if it is corrupt. Your argument is about increasing state controls, excessive spending because of living life, as if the state should now protect against all coronaviruses. This is a dry-run for totalitarians. Meanwhile,we're a nation expanding obesity with a stupid food pyramid the state claims makes one healthy. :-) Can't make it up.

The state is the problem—not the solution. This time it crashed the economy and destroyed tens of millions of livelihoods, and led to more suicides and relapses in drug rehab cases than Covid deaths. Meanwhile, Gates is out there saying a worse one is coming. Oh,and he has the solution—mandatory vaccines. He also this one was coming a couple of years ago, along with his puppet Faux-Chi and Scarf Lady.

Police State is being built. You're always for more of it and more spending.
It's also hilarious to bitch about strong state response, as if we want to be more like Florida and less like Korea in our response. Korea has way less death, way less economic impact, and their people are free to do a hell of a lot more than the US right now.

But yeah, if we have a contagious, uncontained version of the swine flu then what we are doing now sounds like a wonderful killing machine.
[Reply]
SFfan79 12:15 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
You do know Trump is in charge right.....?
Straight hilarious! Guess you didn't get the memo that it has been the governor's that are running how the states handle everything.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:16 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by SFfan79:
Straight hilarious! Guess you didn't get the memo that it has been the governor's that are running how the states handle everything.
He doesn't want to blame Governors, it doesn't give him his fix.

I'm starting to think he has daddy issues.
[Reply]
SFfan79 12:23 PM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
He doesn't want to blame Governors, it doesn't give him his fix.

I'm starting to think he has daddy issues.
I personally think he's a scarecrow without a brain.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up