ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the Chiefs win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid?
Yes 126 57.53%
No 93 42.47%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will the Chiefs win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid?
Hammock Parties 07:34 PM 11-12-2019
Call your shot, homers and haters.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:30 PM 11-12-2019
Yes.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:42 PM 11-12-2019
Yes the Chiefs will win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid... but not as their HC.
[Reply]
FAX 09:49 PM 11-12-2019
Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:51 PM 11-12-2019
Nope. Not a chance. Too stubborn and set in his ways.

He’s a marty/Herm cline wanna be.

Fuck fat Andy.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:51 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX
Ok
Changed my mind
[Reply]
DRM08 09:57 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Nope, Andy has already proven he can lose with Mahomes. The QB has always been the excuse; "Andy Reid has never had an elite QB". Forget the fact that Andy is supposed to be the best QB coach in the universe but he's never had an elite QB. Yet we have taken it in the shorts with Mahomes. Nobody can deny that Mahomes is elite.

Andy Reid can't even field an elite offense when it counts with Mahomes. We have come up short at crunch time. Andy can't even make our guys protect the ball.

We are soft, sloppy and lack focus. You have to be pretty shitty to lose with a HOF QB like Mahomes. Andy doesn't have a problem losing.

No fair you say? We've had too many injuries on our offensive line. Guess what? Everyone made fun of the Colts for not protecting Andrew Luck with a good Oline. We should have done a better job filling our backups along the Oline. Not hindsight either, our offensive line backups being a problem was discussed at the beginning of the year. Specifically, Cam Erving was pointed out as a problem.

When you have an elite QB, you protect him with a stud Oline.
Yep, Reid has found a way to lose multiple games where Mahomes played very well...including this most recent cluster-flop in Nashville. That's a result of not having a well-rounded team. Poor defense, poor special teams, poor game management by the head coach, penalties out the wazoo (including drive-killers).
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:18 PM 11-12-2019
If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:32 PM 11-12-2019
Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:43 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.
Well stated.
[Reply]
FAX 10:43 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.
There's a lot of truth in this assessment. It may not be entirely factual, however ... I mean, solely in the sense that Wally made the wrong choice in Spaggyboots.

Let's remember that there is value in system coherence. The Chiefs want to win now and Wally's prior relationship with Spaggyboots makes for a more harmonious transition of DCs. They know each other. They know how to work together. There is trust in place. Of course, we don't yet know if it was the right decision or not. Time will tell.

It seems to me that much of what I've read today on ChiefsPlanet is awash with recency bias. For example, there has not been any indication whatsoever that our special teams suck total ass under Toub ... until Sunday. Now, all of a sudden, there are calls for his head and the heads of all his relatives. Oh ... and we should decapitate all his friends while we're at it. It's illogical.

As for the defense, we've known that we had issues. We saw some growth and advancement over the prior couple of games then we gave up two incredibly unfortunate drives to the Tacks at a crucial time. Scoring drives that never should have happened. Is that a trend? Are we improving overall? Did we just collapse entirely? Who knows? But we know for sure that 2 drives do not a season make.

Meanwhile, Wally has called some great games and devised and called plays that were outstanding this year. They are on tape. However, in this game, he called a screen on 3rd and 2 to the 2nd string TE. That's a play that Mahomes liked a lot (and actually lobbied for) when they called and ran the same damn play against the Jacksons 11. The fans loved it against the Jacksons because it worked. But nobody likes the call now. But does that make Wally a complete tool?

We're probably in much better shape (season-wise) than we "feel" right now. Injury-wise it may be a very different story. But that story is yet to be told.

I counsel deep breaths and blowjobs until after we demolish the Electricians.

FAX
[Reply]
yellowfin13x 10:46 PM 11-12-2019
Absolutely ! But only when the defense shows up:-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:48 PM 11-12-2019
cant close out the titans which is just ****ing pathetic

I don't see how andy ever wins the superbowl

he might have won one if he never put alex back in as the starter and would have went with mahomes in the playoffs his first year
[Reply]
lcarus 10:49 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It’s not if, but WHEN
I went with yes too. It might be 2021 but when you have Mahomes and Hill, two of the best football players I've ever seen, eventually the rest of the team will do well enough.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:15 PM 11-12-2019
With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional. Two of the smallest markets..

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their total nine losses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...Mahomes is ratings fodder to give other big market fanbases hope.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:18 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional.

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their nine loses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...
Our defense let’s him down every time
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up