ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense doesn't get worse in the 2nd half, but the OFFENSE sure does.
TinyEvel 01:59 AM 11-12-2019
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down Points For vs Points Against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 allowed in the first half vs 118 in the second half)

It's the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin (174 vs 110 points.)

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:44 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Isnt a lot of that skew due to us being up in the first half and Andy doing his Andy thing and taking his foot off the gas?
It’s that but it’s also the other coach adjusting....and Andy not doing anything about it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:44 AM 11-12-2019
Mahomes has to step up and play better
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:44 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Isnt a lot of that skew due to us being up in the first half and Andy doing his Andy thing and taking his foot off the gas?
in my opinion yes

This team does what average teams do
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:48 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And a lack of a run game.

Hunt was excellent in the redzone.
This is certainly a big part of it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:52 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And a lack of a run game.

Hunt was excellent in the redzone.
How many times this year have we gotten to first and goal or down in the red zone and had multiple penalties? It seems like damn near every game.

And again, I want to add Blake Bell needs to be cut yesterday.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:05 AM 11-12-2019
If 32 points isnt enough to beat Ryan Tannehill and the Titans your defense sucks ass
[Reply]
el borracho 09:09 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one is going to put any blame on the offense, because that means putting some blame on Patrick Mahomes, and no one on this forum can be objective about Mahomes.
No one is blaming Patrick because he is on an historic run. Through his first 25 starts he leads all quarterbacks ever in many statistical categories, including yards and touchdowns. WTF else would you ask from him?
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:11 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
No one is blaming Patrick because he is on an historic run. Through his first 25 starts he leads all quarterbacks ever in many statistical categories, including yards and touchdowns. WTF else would you ask from him?
great stats for him but the team still lost in the last 3 games he played....not his fault...but it only shows up on his stats story
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 AM 11-12-2019
Offense is scoring 28 a game. This place has gone to shit.
[Reply]
FAX 09:36 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
No QB throws a perfect pass every time. In the case of the Titans game the recievers seemed to drop a TON of passes especially Watkins. I believe we had a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter against the tits? Have to not only be able to stop the opposing offense but also go for the throat something Reid has always lacked.
I haven't had the guts to watch the All-22 yet, so I'm going on memory here ...

But I remember Watkins getting overthrown a couple of times. I also remember Tyreek dropping several passes that he usually snags. And I seem to recall a couple of throws into double or triple coverage that made no damn sense at all.

None of that explains why offensive production is falling off in the 2nd half, of course. Yet, there is the Midnight Moore Factor to consider. He came into the donk game and played the 2nd half and in his two starts, the initial scripted series went pretty well ... then the enemy pass rush got pissed off. Perhaps that's part of it.

It could also be the "No Hunt-No TDs Phenomenon" which basically says that without Hunt our redzone effectiveness blows and the o-line is worse.

It's an interesting stat. However, I wouldn't hang that on Sammy.

FAX
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:39 AM 11-12-2019
We've always known that Andy goes conservative in the second half to protect a lead but in turn gasses his Defense and keeps them on the field for way too long.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:50 AM 11-12-2019
Unreal that the offense takes any kind of blame for a loss like we had on sunday.

Did anyone consider that our 2nd half scoring is what it is due to our defense's inability to get off the field in the 2nd half?

Less possessions/less TOP = less offensive production.

As others have pointed out - when your QB throws for over 400 and 3 TDs, you should win 95% of the time.

(that is, if you have anything other than 11 parking cones for a defense)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:06 AM 11-12-2019
It’s a bad defense. It’s always been a bad defense. The last 2-3 games were a bad defense playing well, but they’re still a bad defense. The 2019 Royals were a bad baseball team, but even they had the occasional mini streak of good play.

If you’re going to expect the defense to make these stops, then expect them to be a good defense. “We just need them to be ranked like 20 and we’ll be fine” isn’t good enough, because a 20th ranked D is still bad and can’t be trusted to close out the games like we’re asking them to do.

Going into the year, most people expected the offense to get the job done late in games, and that just has not happened.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:10 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one is going to put any blame on the offense, because that means putting some blame on Patrick Mahomes, and no one on this forum can be objective about Mahomes.
Go fuck yourself, queer. It's Reid that sucks.

Get it right.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:11 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
We've always known that Andy goes conservative in the second half to protect a lead but in turn gasses his Defense and keeps them on the field for way too long.
Too bad being a great play designer doesnt mean being a great play-caller, eh?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11-12-2019, 10:22 AM
This message has been deleted by rabblerouser.
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up