ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense doesn't get worse in the 2nd half, but the OFFENSE sure does.
TinyEvel 01:59 AM 11-12-2019
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down Points For vs Points Against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 allowed in the first half vs 118 in the second half)

It's the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin (174 vs 110 points.)

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.

[Reply]
Why Not? 07:17 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
^^^^^^ This all day long. Reid takes the foot off the gas in the second half of games if we are up.
Yep. Sometimes I’d rather be trailing by a few most of the second half because if not, we’re getting 2 bland runs and a screen designed for the 5th string special teams gunner.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:24 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yep. Sometimes I’d rather be trailing by a few most of the second half because if not, we’re getting 2 bland runs and a screen designed for the 5th string special teams gunner.
This is also why I knew Mahomes had no chance of equaling or breaking last year’s numbers. Unless we get into shootouts every game Andy would slow down and Mahomes numbers would reflect accordingly. Reid takes his foot off the throat of the other teams and allows them to claw their way back into games.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:54 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So bottom line, you like tyreek so he gets the benefit of the doubt, and you don’t like Sammy Watkins, so he doesn’t.
Did you watch the game? Watkins had a few balls just fly off/by him and didn't even seem to care. Hill tries hard on every play, i'm sure you've seen the difference?

I like them both just one player seems to bring it even when he drops a couple and the other looks like he's just going through the motions. Watkins didn't seem interested until Andy called a sweep for him.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:57 AM 11-12-2019
Gee, this doesn't sound familiar at all.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:01 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I think we get a lead and Andy Reid backs off in the 2nd half.
Yeah. We start running the ball and dumb shit like that in the second half.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:02 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomesmyman:
Everybody misses throws. If 446 yards & 3td isn't enough there is something really ****ed up with that team.

Just like Chiefs who are 1 man team.
It’s basically the team Alex had so was it a one man team with Alex?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:04 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Did you watch the game? Watkins had a few balls just fly off/by him and didn't even seem to care. Hill tries hard on every play, i'm sure you've seen the difference?

I like them both just one player seems to bring it even when he drops a couple and the other looks like he's just going through the motions. Watkins didn't seem interested until Andy called a sweep for him.
There were some balls that went to Watkins that hit his hand or body that weren't drops. Thrown behind him. Way to high etc. Just because the ball makes contact with you doesn't mean its a catchable ball.

Hill on the other hand had two perfectly placed balls he just flat out dropped point blank which is very uncharacteristic for him.
[Reply]
bobbything 08:05 AM 11-12-2019
The TOP disparity is too great between offense and defense. Everything is situational. The OP’s stats mean little other than they allow him to back-door his way into *proving* his argument (which, I think, is that the defense isn’t that bad(?))

I’m not going to sit here and chastise the offense for scoring 18 points in the first half and only 11 in the second. That’s silly. We’d probably need to look at how many possessions the offense has in the second half vs. those numbers as well as the number of plays the defense is in the field in the same amount of time.

Those numbers in the OP say practically nothing on their own.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:22 AM 11-12-2019
For the most part, I think the offense is fine. However, we do let a lot of scoring opportunities slip away.

Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only)

2018 73.08% (#2 in league)
2019 46.88% (#25 in league)

That's pretty alarming.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:31 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one is going to put any blame on the offense, because that means putting some blame on Patrick Mahomes, and no one on this forum can be objective about Mahomes.
Well please provide examples of Mahomes failing us.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:31 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
For the most part, I think the offense is fine. However, we do let a lot of scoring opportunities slip away.

That's pretty alarming.
PENALTIES
[Reply]
BWillie 08:35 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

That's pretty alarming.
Yeah its mainly been about terrible situational penalties this year in the red zone
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:36 AM 11-12-2019
It would help a little if the oline was a bit more solid. Schwartz is the only lineman worth keeping around.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:37 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
PENALTIES
And a lack of a run game.

Hunt was excellent in the redzone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 11-12-2019
Isnt a lot of that skew due to us being up in the first half and Andy doing his Andy thing and taking his foot off the gas?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up