ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs defense is the laughing stock of league
493rd 05:26 PM 11-11-2019
They just spent 5min on ESPN highlighting how terrible we are....

31st against the run giving up 148yds per game
30th against the run allowing almost 5.2yds per carry

What they said was absolutely correct too; we won’t beat anyone in the playoffs in this current state.

DEJA fucking VU fo the past decade.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:22 PM 11-11-2019
It’s ok. All the defensive players have been on Twitter rolling out their weekly song and dance.

“more work to do.” “We will be better.” “Keep that same energy.”

Shut the fuck up and DO SOMETHING!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:26 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
It’s ok. All the defensive players have been on Twitter rolling out their weekly song and dance.

“more work to do.” “We will be better.” “Keep that same energy.”

Shut the fuck up and DO SOMETHING!
They have direct deposit because that's the one and only thing they do well.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:26 AM 11-12-2019
I’ll never understand why we didn’t have

Pennell active
Jones at DE
The same game plan as we had to shut down Dalvin Cook the week before.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:30 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Pennell active
Jones at DE
Yep, this was a mystery. Had been improving over the last three weeks with that set up.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:27 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Andy will learn from this...

When he actually does something to fix it, well nobody knows that!
I saw some guys on TV, especially Simms, giving Reid credit for taking the blame over the Titans lose.

But Reid taking the blame means exactly zero. They are just words that he says because that's what he is supposed to say. Every single time we lose a game like this, either regular season or postseason, he brings out the canned response of "This loss is on me. I have to do a better job of coaching. We will learn from this."

But Reid doesn't learn a single damn thing from these losses, because he doesn't really think it's his fault.

Before every press conference he gives a statement, and then says with that "the time is yours" to the reporters. And during the press conference discussing the next game he always says "we look forward to the challenge of playing....."

His words don't mean jack shit.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:48 AM 11-12-2019
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down points For vs points against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 vs 118)

its the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin, 174 vs 110 points.

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.
Attached: Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.44.17 PM.jpg (17.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:21 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down points For vs points against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 vs 118)

its the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin, 174 vs 110 points.

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.
Cool. Reid can't do HIS personal job now either.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:45 AM 11-12-2019

Discuss.
This just basically says the defense is absolute putrid crap for 4 quarters while the offense is elite for at least 2.
[Reply]
TEX 07:11 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
This just basically says the defense is absolute putrid crap for 4 quarters while the offense is elite for at least 2.
Exactly. Along with the hot take idiot who siad it...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:29 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I saw some guys on TV, especially Simms, giving Reid credit for taking the blame over the Titans lose.

But Reid taking the blame means exactly zero. They are just words that he says because that's what he is supposed to say. Every single time we lose a game like this, either regular season or postseason, he brings out the canned response of "This loss is on me. I have to do a better job of coaching. We will learn from this."

But Reid doesn't learn a single damn thing from these losses, because he doesn't really think it's his fault.

Before every press conference he gives a statement, and then says with that "the time is yours" to the reporters. And during the press conference discussing the next game he always says "we look forward to the challenge of playing....."

His words don't mean jack shit.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
While I agree, this time I think we take him at his word, put together a compilation of him saying this worn-out line, then hold him accountable for not only saying it, but not changing anything after he's learned.

You're not a fall-guy unless you actually have to fall for it, so that's why I blame Clark. It's like seppuku with a rubber knife, it's not head coach-seppuku because Clark won't let him head coach-seppuku himself...

Forged from the mineral of the Hunt's 1 Arrowhead Way complex, I bring you the Chiefs seppuku blade:

[Reply]
MaHomies 07:31 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Unless you’re NE
New England's offense sucks.
[Reply]
bobbything 07:38 AM 11-12-2019

Discuss.
Not gonna go look it up but before any blame is placed on this offense, I’d like to see defensive TOP in the second half vs. the first. How long are they in the field in the second half?

Edit: I know we were 27th in opponents TOP before Sunday, I’m sure we went up in the rankings because we dominated TOP in that game (even though it made no difference whatsoever).

I’m also not big on stats to try and prove points. It’s easy to cherry-pick. I keep harping on TOP because we need possessions on offense to force the defense to be one dimensional—to play from behind. It’s the same issue we face in the Vermiel years. That defense was terrible but when they won, they forced turnovers to get the offense more possessions. However, when they lost the defense couldn’t get off the field.

This team is very similar.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:57 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Pennell active
Jones at DE
Jones was at DE in certain situations. He was the reason Henry broke the big run on the cutback. He is slow to read & scrape when the tackle blocks down. He's great at DE for teams that run a ton of outside zone (vikes) bad at DE for teams that run inside zone or wham concepts where a blocker kicks back. He's a bit slow for read & react play.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:58 AM 11-12-2019
I thought this was a thread from four years ago when I read the title
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 11-12-2019
We constantly have holes bc we are putting all of our eggs in one basket. Look at what happens after we give defensive players mega deals?

Justin Houston-knee gets ****ed
Eric Berry-achilles gets ****ed
Frank Clark-nerve damage

At this point I’m ready for Honey Badger to get ****ed too. Oh and did I mention Hitchens hasn’t worked out?

When was the last time we paid a defensive player big money and got a positive ROI?

Tag and trade Jones, extend Ward and Ogbah, have some money left over for a value corner or RB and use that extra high pick to get a LB early in the draft.

We need to start flooding this team with good competent value players instead of 1 very talented player.

Too much risk.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up