ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 60
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:13 PM 11-12-2019
I will say this is by far the most down I’ve seen “Facebook Chiefs fans” in the Reid era - even the usually unflappable Arrowhead Addict crowd. I think everyone assumed losses like this were in the past now that we had Mahomes (it also felt like we had 2 a year with Alex). It’s definitely been the most dejected/anti-Reid I’ve seen the fandom.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:39 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)
Hey, he wouldn't be the first player to say the PC things and keep other feelings bottled up inside.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:41 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I will say this is by far the most down I’ve seen “Facebook Chiefs fans” in the Reid era - even the usually unflappable Arrowhead Addict crowd. I think everyone assumed losses like this were in the past now that we had Mahomes (it also felt like we had 2 a year with Alex). It’s definitely been the most dejected/anti-Reid I’ve seen the fandom.
Good. It’s about2 years too late. But letter late than never.

Reid has over stayed his welcome.
[Reply]
FAX 10:58 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I wouldn't say the scripted screen play on 3rd and 2 is a good example of letting Pat be himself. He is a natural playmaker. Scripting stuff in a crucial situation is not the best approach with him. Let him make a play. Backyard football is his biggest strength and the screen call completely took this away from him in a critical situation.
This is another one of those narrative deals that get stuck in Chiefs culture, Mr. DRM08.

Please allow me to do you the honor of shedding some light on this "horrible" call on 3rd and 2.

First of all, let's be realistic. If Wally had run the ball there (and not picked up the first), people would have gone ballistic because he didn't put the game in the hands of his best player (Mahomes).

Secondly, I suggest that you go back and watch the game against the Jacksons 11. Also, listen to the post-game presser with Mahomes. Why? Because we ran the same play in a critical situation in that contest and Mahomes talked about it.

Here's what Mahomes said. That was a play that Mahomes particularly liked when they were preparing the gameplan. It was a call that they discussed against the Jacksons and Mahomes wanted to run it. They did and it was successful. Same damn play.

Now listen to Mahomes' post-game presser after the Tacks game. He states that it was the same play.

Now then ... do you honestly think that Wally is going to call a play in that situation that doesn't have Mahomes' complete and total buy-in? The idea makes absolutely no sense. It runs counter to Wally's entire history of working with quarterbacks and a lifetime of coaching philosophy. Wally is going to call plays the quarterback feels "comfortable" running and plays the quarterback "wants" to run in crucial situations.

I can only conclude that the Wally hate is getting out of hand.

I get it. Nobody was more disgusted with this performance than moi ... believe me. On the other hand, it does no good to forego all logic and common sense in favor of emotional breakdowns. That helps no one. Especially the emotional breakdowner.

FAX
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:58 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Hey, he wouldn't be the first player to say the PC things and keep other feelings bottled up inside.
Do you think Mahomes would be more upset by the Chiefs NOT firing Andy Reid?

I got news folks. Mahomes is not going to be happy if/when KC fires Andy Reid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:05 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

First of all, let's be realistic. If Wally had run the ball there (and not picked up the first), people would have gone ballistic because he didn't put the game in the hands of his best player (Mahomes).
Not if he would've called a pass with better options on 4th and 2 or 4th and 1, assuming that the run hadn't have achieved the desired first down (that's a big IF, seeing as Damian Williams had 2 consecutive 4 yard runs) - even if the 4th down did not achieve the desired 1st down in THAT instance, the Tits would've had to go 80 yards in one minute with zero timeouts.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:08 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
the Tits would've had to go 80 yards in one minute with zero timeouts.
And I assure you as scared and pathetic as our defense was of Henry that would have been no problem.:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:04 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Do you think Mahomes would be more upset by the Chiefs NOT firing Andy Reid?

I got news folks. Mahomes is not going to be happy if/when KC fires Andy Reid.
He can get the fuck right over it and experience the joy of establishing a new and more fruitful relationship with his new HC.
[Reply]
TEX 07:46 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I sure thought those days were gone forever. That's why THIS loss stands out more than the others.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:48 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He can get the fuck right over it and experience the joy of establishing a new and more fruitful relationship with his new HC.
this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard in my life... congrats
[Reply]
Mecca 07:49 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard in my life... congrats
People have a right to be mad, they sold this as a bowl team and it looks like a fringe playoff team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:51 AM 11-13-2019
Just some perspective... https://twitter.com/realbirdlawyer/s...772442112?s=21
[Reply]
Mecca 07:53 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You can give me that DVOA shit all you want. It doesn't change that they have a losing home record and have lost several games they should have won.

So they lose to good teams, cool you play good teams in the playoffs, how's this end?
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:59 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t totally disagree with those thoughts, but there’s no excuse for what happened in last weeks game if we are looking for “perspective”. That was the ultimate bed shitting contest, and we were the hands down winner.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:03 AM 11-13-2019
Let us remember DVOA said the Chiefs defense was 11th, did that look like the 11th ranked defense to you?
[Reply]
Page 46 of 60
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up