ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How long before Mahomes asks to be traded?
4 years 6 8.70%
3 years 6 8.70%
2 years 14 20.29%
Never, cuz he's a loyal Chief to the bitter end. (And the money is too good) 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How long will Mahomes wait for Andy to get his act together?
LongSufferingToady 09:00 PM 11-10-2019
Yes, that's my question.

Can you imagine having a championship caliber quarterback and expecting that quarterback to be patient year-in and year-out for the bumbling mistakes, porous defense, and horrid clock management? I can't.

Some day, like Tony Gonzalez, Mahomes is going to be fed up if the Chiefs (and Andy) don't get their act together. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

What say ye?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:22 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All coaches have their flaws.

But, if all NFL coaches became free agents and the NFL had a draft. Reid would be drafted second.
We'll never know, but I seriously don't think so. He'd get drafted, but not #2 behind BB. Any owner who really wants to win know that Andy's flaws aren't small (not focusing on D, most things beyond great play design, and being too friendly with the employees), they're major, and they will result in not attending the SB. If that wasn't true, we would have been to at least on in the Reid era. And if he did go #2, that would prove another owner being a dolt...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:38 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im confident you are a clueless dipshit.
Thinking Mahomes isn't leaving KC because of Reid makes me a homer eh? I think it only takes about 15 braincells to know this.

I tell you what you want to make a bet on whether Mahomes signs an extension this offseason? I'll bet you whatever you want. Name it.
I am pretty sure he will sign an extension and i wasn't saying he wouldn't this go around... but to think he will end his career here...not so much
[Reply]
DRM08 10:28 AM 11-12-2019
The idea that Mahomes isn't about to sign a $200MM+ contract with the Chiefs this offseason is so absurd I can't take anyone serious who makes such stupid comments. You simply have to have your head so far up your ass you are blind deaf and dumb.

I get people are irritated with the loss Sunday but when you start spewing stupid shit, well it makes you look stupid. :-)
Even if he wanted to leave, the Chiefs can make it pretty tough on him with his 5th year option and multiple franchise tags. Even without a new contract, he is stuck in KC for the next 4 years whether he likes it or not. With that in mind, he might as well go for the mega extension in KC so he can get a nice signing bonus and boost his average salary a lot higher than his current $4m per year.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:52 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Even if he wanted to leave, the Chiefs can make it pretty tough on him with his 5th year option and multiple franchise tags. Even without a new contract, he is stuck in KC for the next 4 years whether he likes it or not. With that in mind, he might as well go for the mega extension in KC so he can get a nice signing bonus and boost his average salary a lot higher than his current $4m per year.
4 more years and 100 million and he's gone. Cousins set the blueprint for how to get it done.

That gives him plenty of time to learn everything Andy can teach him. Then Mahomes becomes the biggest FA in the NFL history. He can choose whatever team, whatever coach he wants. He will be an upgrade for 99% of the teams.

Andy Reid has 4 more years to convince Mahomes that he is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

The Chiefs would be smart to sign Mahomes to the longest contract in NFL history this offseason. Mahomes will still be unsure about Reid and all that money will be hard to resist.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:14 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
4 more years and 100 million and he's gone. Cousins set the blueprint for how to get it done.

That gives him plenty of time to learn everything Andy can teach him. Then Mahomes becomes the biggest FA in the NFL history. He can choose whatever team, whatever coach he wants. He will be an upgrade for 99% of the teams.

Andy Reid has 4 more years to convince Mahomes that he is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

The Chiefs would be smart to sign Mahomes to the longest contract in NFL history this offseason. Mahomes will still be unsure about Reid and all that money will be hard to resist.
I think he should wait for Deshaun Watson to get his deal. Deshaun’s agent will try to top Patrick’s number if the Mahomes extension happens first. So let Deshaun put a number out there and then Mahomes can top it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:31 AM 11-12-2019
Mahomes has been here all of two and a half years, and has only been starting since last year. He's 24 years old. It's not like he's knocking on 30 or nearing the end of his career.

Stupid thread.

(Ask again in 5 years)
[Reply]
Iczer 11:41 AM 11-12-2019
I don't think he goes anywhere. He'll be like a Peyton Manning. He will be able to lead the offense himself and a coach to assist.

That being said, if for some reason he gets pissed and asks to be traded. I will probably quit watching football all together. Dead serious.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:08 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Mahomes has been here all of two and a half years, and has only been starting since last year. He's 24 years old. It's not like he's knocking on 30 or nearing the end of his career.

Stupid thread.

(Ask again in 5 years)
If Andy and PM are both here in five years, that's PM's fault.

He'll be rich, but probably not a SB winner.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:15 PM 11-12-2019
It took Forehead Manning 6 years to win a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:36 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Washington also didn't want to resign Cousins... certainly not to the big $$$ contract he wanted.

The Chiefs are in the complete opposite situation, they'll give Mahomes whatever he wants.
[Reply]
FAX 12:47 PM 11-12-2019
This concept doesn't resonate with me.

I can, however, envision a scenario in which Pat Mahomes I places a call to Clark Hunt and tells him (in no uncertain terms) to fix his shit on defense and special teams.

FAX
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:26 PM 11-12-2019
Folks better start thinking beyond PM too, how long do the Cheetah and TK wait around for Andy to actually not be dumb?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:14 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
you also said we would go undefeated this season and that tim tebow was going to be a great draft pick...
Tebow huh? I see your continued relevance remains somewhere at the bottom of Loch Ness.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:24 PM 11-12-2019
Thinking Mahomes isn't leaving KC because of Reid makes me a homer eh? I think it only takes about 15 braincells to know this.

I tell you what you want to make a bet on whether Mahomes signs an extension this offseason? I'll bet you whatever you want. Name it.
Thinking Mahomes wants to "marry" Andy Reid is absolutely idiotic. If anything, Mahomes will take over this franchise and when he's had enough of Fatboy loser Andy, he will make sure Clark does exactly as Mahomes instructs him, and puts Reid on economy class out of town.

How much do you want to bet on that?
[Reply]
Hboosboy 06:15 PM 11-12-2019
http://chng.it/vznDYfyjbK
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up