ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How long before Mahomes asks to be traded?
4 years 6 8.70%
3 years 6 8.70%
2 years 14 20.29%
Never, cuz he's a loyal Chief to the bitter end. (And the money is too good) 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How long will Mahomes wait for Andy to get his act together?
LongSufferingToady 09:00 PM 11-10-2019
Yes, that's my question.

Can you imagine having a championship caliber quarterback and expecting that quarterback to be patient year-in and year-out for the bumbling mistakes, porous defense, and horrid clock management? I can't.

Some day, like Tony Gonzalez, Mahomes is going to be fed up if the Chiefs (and Andy) don't get their act together. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

What say ye?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:30 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Oh c'mon guys. You all know that LOVE is not enough. Haven't you ever been in a relationship? You know that sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, their continued screwups and self-destructive actions (or alcoholism or drug addiction or major illness) can end a relationship.

Don't bet on love to keep things going. Do bet on LOYALTY.
At worst, Reid turns mahomes into Marino which is still really really really good. And I'm sure he and his dad know Andy Reid is uniquely qualified to do that in ways most coaches aren't.

Rodgers and brees have only been to and won 1. Peyton only won his second at the very end of a Super long career. Even Elway hadn't won one until very late in his career. 2nd year as a starter and we've already decided that Reid will not win mahomes ONE super bowl? Because thats the only bar set to become a legend, if he even needs that much.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:37 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I think we compliment 1 Arrowhead Way's under-reaction quite nicely... :-)
Well said.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 04:41 PM 11-11-2019
CHunt should not retain Reid past the 2020 season if KC doesn't have a SB appearance by then. It would have been end of year eight and many years of prime and cheap Mahomes. No way I am trusting Reid to suddenly coach up a complete team after a Mahomes monster contract extension, in fact I expect a severe regression if Reid continues to coach in KC thereafter. Handing over the keys to a new GM who can author and manage that fat contract and make savvy moves on a limited budget and a new HC who can field respectable and balanced units would make more sense than trusting Reid and his undisciplined and unbalanced teams for a few more years.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:04 PM 11-11-2019
Oh boy. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:43 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
CHunt should not retain Reid past the 2020 season if KC doesn't have a SB appearance by then. It would have been end of year eight and many years of prime and cheap Mahomes. No way I am trusting Reid to suddenly coach up a complete team after a Mahomes monster contract extension, in fact I expect a severe regression if Reid continues to coach in KC thereafter. Handing over the keys to a new GM who can author and manage that fat contract and make savvy moves on a limited budget and a new HC who can field respectable and balanced units would make more sense than trusting Reid and his undisciplined and unbalanced teams for a few more years.
PM won't be the first FQB to be wasted on a coach that's just not complete enough to take a team to the SB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:18 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Stop pimping this logic immediately. Chief Fan does not want. Amazing how 1,000% correct Philly Fan was regarding a head coach they lost over a decade of their time and lives to. Who would have thought?! Then again, Chief Fan thought he was smarter than Jets Fan as well, and that turned out real swell too.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 07:46 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Stop pimping this logic immediately. Chief Fan does not want. Amazing how 1,000% correct Philly Fan was regarding a head coach they lost over a decade of their time and lives to. Who would have thought?! Then again, Chief Fan thought he was smarter than Jets Fan as well, and that turned out real swell too.
My biggest concern is that Chief Fan = CHunt
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:57 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There is pure comedy in anyone actually thinking Mahomes doesn't love Andy Reid. You guys are out of your minds pathetic and stupid.
he will learn to love another where there is a better team paying a king's ransome to have him
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:17 PM 11-11-2019
Fuckin' a I've made my choice you brain dead monkey fart. I wasn't thrilled when Clark Hunt ran at top speed like a giggling retard at a spit bubble contest to hurredly sign the leagues most well known, post season choke artist to be the next head coach of this team, but he countered that with a strong GM hire and a promise to keep the power correctly divided between the two.
But just like everything Hunt/Chiefs, he promptly pissed his pants at light speed to fuck it all up and make the usual incorrect decision.

So you'll just have to forgive me if I dont give two fucks about the job security of Pat's fat Uncle and Clark's inbred quest for epic pants-shitting, you fucking brain-dead tool.
REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID DDDDUUUUUUHHHHHRRRRR!!!!!

That's what you sound like right now.

This thread is about fucking Patrick fucking Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

I said only retards would entertain Pat leaving the Chiefs as a possibility after his rookie deal.

You turned it into Andy Reid. You said it was worse that somebody would defend Reid than anybody cluelessly suppose that Mahomes will leave the team.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not fucking up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

"Congratulations, Sweets! You just won the lottery!!!!" Do you respond with, "Doesn't matter. Andy Reid is still the head coach of the Chiefs"
[Reply]
JakeF 08:25 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I won’t blame him if he doesn’t re sign
If I'm Mahomes I'm gone. I'd refuse to sign and make the Chiefs tag me 2 times like Cousin did with Washington. That makes me huge money for 2 years and then I'm going to a team with a coach that I believe can win a super bowl. No way I become another Dan Marino.

Andy Reid would have 6 yrs to teach me how to be an NFL QB. Then i spend the next 10 yrs winning Super Bowls with someone else. I'd go play for Belicheat before i would stay and become a career loser with Reid.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:30 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
If I'm Mahomes I'm gone. I'd refuse to sign and make the Chiefs tag me 2 times like Cousin did with Washington. That makes me huge money for 2 years and then I'm going to a team with a coach that I believe can win a super bowl. No way I become another Dan Marino.

Andy Reid would have 6 yrs to teach me how to be an NFL QB. Then i spend the next 10 yrs winning Super Bowls with someone else. I'd go play for Belicheat before i would stay and become a career loser with Reid.
We were a damn coin toss away from a super bowl in his very first season. We've already decided that he's not going to make or win a super bowl the next 10 years? It took Peyton a TON of failure before he won his. Because all it really takes to turn mahomes into a legend is to win 1. That's it. Andy makes dumb mistakes but he and mahomes are too good together for it not to happen.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:44 PM 11-11-2019
I already fucking told you and the entire board TWO WEEKS AGO that Mahomes would play hell getting out of KC.
I ALSO told you that he would give Reid no more than two more seasons to get the rest of his shit together before going to Clark with The Law of the Land regarding Reid's continued employment in KC, and I stand by that 100%.
Last week, Wendler and you thought that notion was impossible. This week? You can both kiss my ass, m'kay?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Andy makes dumb mistakes but he and mahomes are too good together for it not to happen.
Bullshit. I will never ever EVER buy in to this theory as long as this team is named the Kansas City Chiefs and calls it's home Arrowhead Stadium, and it is a damned fool who believes otherwise.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 PM 11-11-2019
I already fucking told you and the entire board TWO WEEKS AGO that Mahomes would play hell getting out of KC.
I ALSO told you that he would give Reid no more than two more seasons to get the rest of his shit together before going to Clark with The Law of the Land regarding Reid's continued employment in KC, and I stand by that 100%.
Last week, Wendler and you thought that notion was impossible. This week? You can both kiss my ass, m'kay?
We didn't say Reid possibly getting fired was impossible. We said Andy Reid had more value as head coach of this team than people give him credit for. I brought up the point that many of the people demanding he be fired are current Todd Haley apologists. I also brought up that the entire NFL is littered with shitty head coaches, both current and former. Many of them, like Jason Garrett, lack Reid's brilliant and innovative play concepts and also struggle to call the best plays for the situation late in games. And many of them are just shitty fucking coaches. Period.

If/when a change is needed because the team isn't responding anymore (like Marty's 1998 season in KC) then yeah, we should fire Reid. And at that point, "just about anybody would be better" is a terrible attitude to take, because again, you're so damn focused on gameday decisions over actual fucking coaching and teaching.

It's pretty clear to me that Anthony Lynn can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But he's not Reid, so therefore he probably makes all of the correct clock management and play calls in the 4th quarter and never fucks any of that shit up, right? Because he's not Reid!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:26 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID REID DDDDUUUUUUHHHHHRRRRR!!!!!

That's what you sound like right now.

This thread is about ****ing Patrick ****ing Mahomes. The guy with all the talent.

I said only retards would entertain Pat leaving the Chiefs as a possibility after his rookie deal.

You turned it into Andy Reid. You said it was worse that somebody would defend Reid than anybody cluelessly suppose that Mahomes will leave the team.

You WERE the same guy lambasting against Cassel, Alex, and other teams' backups as our franchise QB for years and years, right? Why are you not ****ing up in arms over the topic of this thread? Do you not like nice things?

"Congratulations, Sweets! You just won the lottery!!!!" Do you respond with, "Doesn't matter. Andy Reid is still the head coach of the Chiefs"
Ouch :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up