ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How long before Mahomes asks to be traded?
4 years 6 8.70%
3 years 6 8.70%
2 years 14 20.29%
Never, cuz he's a loyal Chief to the bitter end. (And the money is too good) 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How long will Mahomes wait for Andy to get his act together?
LongSufferingToady 09:00 PM 11-10-2019
Yes, that's my question.

Can you imagine having a championship caliber quarterback and expecting that quarterback to be patient year-in and year-out for the bumbling mistakes, porous defense, and horrid clock management? I can't.

Some day, like Tony Gonzalez, Mahomes is going to be fed up if the Chiefs (and Andy) don't get their act together. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

What say ye?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:23 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Sure it did.

But he could've done the same thing in New Orleans with Sean Payton and Michael Thomas/Alvin Kamara.

And just as Reid's offensive creativity helped contribute to last year's statistical success, Reid's inability to get out of his own way and close games has contributed to more losses already than we had all of last year.
He wouldn’t have put up 50 TDs on that team. Regardless, he’d be sitting on the bench for years if he’d gone there. And who knows what pieces they’ll have when Brees hangs it up.

I think people forget that this offense relies heavily on creativity and keeping defenses off balance when it’s at its best. And few, if any, can match Reid in that dept.

It’s not like they can line up and physically dominate in the trenches. A less creative coach could turn this into a fairly average offense pretty quickly.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Entitled California brat Aaron Rodgers gets drafted by the team in the shittiest, most boring and coldest town in the NFL. He’s forced to sit for the first three years of his career while enduring doubts from the team, fans, and catty comments from the elderly pervert entrenched as the starter ahead of him. When he finally gets the starting job, the team never surrounds him with a defense and allows a GM with dementia to stay in his job for far too long.

And he signed multiple extensions.

But sure... Mahomes the ultimate team guy who understands the Midwest culture in the fan base to a tee is going to bolt town because the Chiefs lost those regular season games early in his career.

I really ****ing hate this place. I’m going to take a break from this forum for a few days so I can preserve some of my brain cells.

**** every last one of you who even thinks this could be a remote possibility.
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:29 AM 11-11-2019
And when we say get the act together, let's please not forget that mahomes is only in year 2 and already has an mvp and was a coin toss away from a super bowl. Reid has already taken him really far considering how new he still is to the league.
[Reply]
SDChiefs 08:39 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Brees was not a franchise QB when he left San Diego. Which is why they drafted a QB in the first round.
He was. He came off an injury and they didnt trust him to get back to 100%.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:42 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And when we say get the act together, let's please not forget that mahomes is only in year 2 and already has an mvp and was a coin toss away from a super bowl. Reid has already taken him really far considering how new he still is to the league.

Year 3. He's been in the league since 2017.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:50 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Year 3. He's been in the league since 2017.
He has only played 1.5 years. Unless you're implying that Reid is to blame for mahomes not going to the super bowl in year 1 as a backup. 1 year, 1 afc conference championship game.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:58 AM 11-11-2019
Mahomes is literally more important than Andy. Period.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:07 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree that he won't play hard ball with franchise tag and such, but I won't be shocked if he goes for a shorter length contract than we've seen from other big name QB's in the past. Russell Wilson just did 4 years. Kirk Cousins did 3 years. I could see Mahomes going that route instead of 5-6 years.
Pretty sure they’ve already said it will be a shorter contract because the CBA is coming up.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
He's not going to ask to get traded. He's going to tell Clark it's time to move in a new direction (HC/GM) and Clark will say "Yes sir, whatever you say, Sir!"
He has other options too. On other option being deciding that/facing the fact that he's not going to go to a SB (much less win one) under Andy, and decide to just gather all the cash he can before he retires.

And you know that thought is probably starting to awaken in the back of his mind with these recurring fuckups.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:42 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He also knows he can do a hell of a lot worse than Andy Reid. He loves Kansas city. Genuinely. Loves his teammates and the community. And yes, he knows Andy Reid will do a lot more good than bad for him.
Oh c'mon guys. You all know that LOVE is not enough. Haven't you ever been in a relationship? You know that sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, their continued screwups and self-destructive actions (or alcoholism or drug addiction or major illness) can end a relationship.

Don't bet on love to keep things going. Do bet on LOYALTY.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 11-11-2019
There is pure comedy in anyone actually thinking Mahomes doesn't love Andy Reid. You guys are out of your minds pathetic and stupid.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:04 PM 11-11-2019
I think it's pure comedy that anyone actually thinks that these millionaires are doing this for Kansas City Chiefs fans...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:19 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
ORRRRR we can start with fucktards like this guy:

You've made your choice, Sweets. You're dead to me. Go fuck yourself.
Fuckin' a I've made my choice you brain dead monkey fart. I wasn't thrilled when Clark Hunt ran at top speed like a giggling retard at a spit bubble contest to hurredly sign the leagues most well known, post season choke artist to be the next head coach of this team, but he countered that with a strong GM hire and a promise to keep the power correctly divided between the two.
But just like everything Hunt/Chiefs, he promptly pissed his pants at light speed to fuck it all up and make the usual incorrect decision.

So you'll just have to forgive me if I dont give two fucks about the job security of Pat's fat Uncle and Clark's inbred quest for epic pants-shitting, you fucking brain-dead tool.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:19 PM 11-11-2019
Oh hey, it's over-reaction Planet Monday!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:24 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Oh hey, it's over-reaction Planet Monday!
I think we compliment 1 Arrowhead Way's under-reaction quite nicely... :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up