ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How long before Mahomes asks to be traded?
4 years 6 8.70%
3 years 6 8.70%
2 years 14 20.29%
Never, cuz he's a loyal Chief to the bitter end. (And the money is too good) 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How long will Mahomes wait for Andy to get his act together?
LongSufferingToady 09:00 PM 11-10-2019
Yes, that's my question.

Can you imagine having a championship caliber quarterback and expecting that quarterback to be patient year-in and year-out for the bumbling mistakes, porous defense, and horrid clock management? I can't.

Some day, like Tony Gonzalez, Mahomes is going to be fed up if the Chiefs (and Andy) don't get their act together. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

What say ye?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:22 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Are you in your 20s? Drew Brees had a shoulder issue and they didn't even know if he would play again... The Chargers drafter Rivers because of it.
Uhh... how old are you?

The chargers drafted Rivers because Brees played like crap the season before and looked like a bust. Rivers held out, and Brees took over as starter and played too good to bench. I think Brees hurt himself in the final game of the FOLLOWING season. Rivers was on the bench 2 years behind Brees.

They chargers didn't draft rivers because of the injury. It happened 2 years after he was drafted, but it IS the reason they were happy to move on from Brees since he was due to become a FA and it gave them an easy out.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:24 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Tinfoil hat time:

Jerry isn’t paying Dak because he’s trying to convince Mahomes to hit the open market.
Funny you say that...I have a co-worker who's a huge Cowboys fan and he's 100% convinced this is the case.

Always thought he was nuts but who knows...
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:25 PM 11-10-2019
OMG. You insufferable babies. Stop overreacting to every regular season loss.

To what team is Mahomes going to demand to be traded? What team has never lost a game in November?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:25 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Funny you say that...I have a co-worker who's a huge Cowboys fan and he's 100% convinced this is the case.

Always thought he was nuts but who knows...
The League would cream all over themselves if this happened. The league’s best quarterback on the most popular team. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they just turned a blind eye if Jerruh tampers with him.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 09:26 PM 11-10-2019
The Coach that hasn't lost a game by more than one score in nearly 3 regular seasons doesn't know how to get a team ready...

The dumb shit some of you post...

Overreaction planet at its finest.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:26 PM 11-10-2019
So the Cowboys are not going to pay Dak for the next 4 years because they are waiting for Pat to hit the market? Or is Clark gonna trade him to the mastermind Jerry for a bag of Doritos and a case of Natty?
[Reply]
kcclone 09:27 PM 11-10-2019
Maybe once Tom retires Mahomes can call Bill and ask for him to join him in GOAT 2.0
[Reply]
KC Hawks 09:28 PM 11-10-2019
Chiefs will draft a QB in the first round in the next couple of years, then Mahomes might leave like Drew Brees. Seems likely.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:49 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Tinfoil hat time:

Jerry isn’t paying Dak because he’s trying to convince Mahomes to hit the open market.
Cowboys will pay Dak.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:56 PM 11-10-2019
Cowboys will franchise tag Dak. Already been confirmed
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:57 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Cowboys will franchise tag Dak. Already been confirmed
For 4 years?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:58 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree that he won't play hard ball with franchise tag and such, but I won't be shocked if he goes for a shorter length contract than we've seen from other big name QB's in the past. Russell Wilson just did 4 years. Kirk Cousins did 3 years. I could see Mahomes going that route instead of 5-6 years.
They’ve done almost as much for him as he’s done for them. You think he could have put up 50 TDs and won 12 games with just any coach and team?

Reid managed to make the ultimate journeyman Moore look like a solid QB. He made Smith look like a star a few years ago. He got the best out of Vick. There’s no question that he and the skill players had a lot to do with Mahomes getting MVP.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:01 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
They’ve done almost as much for him as he’s done for them. You think he could have put up 50 TDs and won 12 games with just any coach and team?

Reid managed to make the ultimate journeyman Moore look like a solid QB. He made Smith look like a star a few years ago. He got the best out of Vick. There’s no question that he and the skill players had a lot to do with Mahomes getting MVP.
None of that changes the reality that he is more talented than pretty much any other QB in the league. Reid's system does not have squat to do with Mahomes' physical talent.

Bottom line is I don't think he's going to jump in blind with a 6 year deal or something like that. The QB market has been trending toward shorter deals and he would smart to do the same in this case. If they will not build a defense for him over the long term, he will have to start thinking about an exit strategy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:04 PM 11-10-2019
The Coach that hasn't lost a game by more than one score in nearly 3 regular seasons doesn't know how to get a team ready...

The dumb shit some of you post...
So, did you watch the game today?

Mike Vrabel put clown shoes on Reid & Co.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:04 PM 11-10-2019
Even if it was just a 4 year deal, It’s basically a 6 because of the tag. Unless the collective bargaining agreement changes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up