ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 151
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:15 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Guys Grimes is gone. He isn't coming back
He'll go overseas and make 150k a year. Dont know why more kids dont do this college degrees are pretty useless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He'll go overseas and make 150k a year. Dont know why more kids dont do this college degrees are pretty useless.
these top recruits are not going for college degrees. And Europe doesn’t make them more money than a year at a blue blood school. The raise in their draft stock is worth way more than the $150K they can make in Europe.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:12 PM 04-10-2019
Jesus Titties….unless Self pulls one of his patented late signing period horse shoes out of his ass again, we are going to fucking suck next year.
[Reply]
petegz28 04-10-2019, 10:13 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28.
KC_Connection 11:13 PM 04-10-2019
I'm sure Vick thought the same last year at this time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:15 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Generally agree, but based on the ridiculously bad numbers he just put up in college, I don't know why anybody would pay him significant $$$ overseas either. They want production and he's not going to be able to give it to them right now.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:52 AM 04-11-2019
I sure hope so.

His D came up a bit, but man what a mentally fragile offensive player.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:52 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Grimes was the most disappointing player of the Self era.

Selby at least had an injury/eligibility excuse.

Alexander has an eligibility excuse (maybe he would’ve gotten better?)

Bragg wasn’t ranked as highly.
Alexander definitely would have improved. He had a skill set made for dominating the college level.
[Reply]
Lzen 06:29 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If Hurt signs elsewhere, we know that the top shelf recruits are staying away due to the NCAA not publicly clearing KU for the whole Adidas scheme.
I keep hearing this argument but then I hear that Arizona is doing fine in recruiting. So if it affected Kansas in this way then why not AZ, as well?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:32 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Alexander definitely would have improved. He had a skill set made for dominating the college level.
He had the body to dominate college ball. He had virtually no skills. He was at his best when Jamari Traylor of all people would find him in a zone.

I find it miraculous that he didn’t even have one post move. Even when defended by a smaller dude.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:10 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is Grimes hiring an agent? Surely he's just going for feedback and will come back once he finds out he won't even get drafted.
My guess is he'll be back unless he just really wants out of Lawrence. I just don't see any team drafting him.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:13 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
My guess is he'll be back unless he just really wants out of Lawrence. I just don't see any team drafting him.
I actually hope this happens. I know a lot of folks don't like Grimes but I saw a guy with talent that got better as the season progressed. A sophomore Grimes could be pretty good.

And for all the love Ogbaji gets on here, people tend to forget that he disappeared down the stretch. I like that guy but you can't ignore that factor. The only reason he gets a pass is that he wasn't projected as a one and done.
[Reply]
sedated 07:14 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm sure Vick thought the same last year at this time.
And that worked out so well.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:15 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He had the body to dominate college ball. He had virtually no skills. He was at his best when Jamari Traylor of all people would find him in a zone.

I find it miraculous that he didn’t even have one post move. Even when defended by a smaller dude.
I think he would have stayed a second year had his mom not hosed him.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:16 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I actually hope this happens. I know a lot of folks don't like Grimes but I saw a guy with talent that got better as the season progressed. A sophomore Grimes could be pretty good.

And for all the love Ogbaji gets on here, people tend to forget that he disappeared down the stretch. I like that guy but you can't ignore that factor. The only reason he gets a pass is that he wasn't projected as a one and done.
I'd be curious to see if Grimes puts things together in year 2. Some kids just need to adjust to a higher level of basketball - I'm hoping he's one that adjusts and turns into the player we thought we were getting.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:22 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
And that worked out so well.
Good point but they aren't the same people. Vick always needed to get his head screwed on straight. He just never seemed to get there.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 151
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up