ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 324
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 07:04 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good for him. When you end up with ****ing trash like Amerson, Scandrick, and Parker with starting roles in your secondary you have completely screwed the pooch somewhere along the way.
Or the secondary market was AWFUL last year.

Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler, Bashaud Breeland, EJ Gaines, Rahsaan Melvin.

Not one of those ****ers was worth spending money on and we all know that. The safety market was trash too.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:04 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kendall Fuller, Charvarious Ward, Jordan Lucas. How ‘bout those guys?

It’s not Veach’s fault that Sutton was hellbent on keeping Parker on the field. It’s also not Veach’s fault that his gameplanning sucked complete ass and was incredibly difficult to learn for everyone.
Don't forget Armani Watts. He was starting to flash good things before the injury.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:05 PM 01-24-2019
Any good cornerbacks on the market this year?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:05 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That's what people are really afraid of.

I imagine Andy even interviewed one of our black coaches to fulfill the Rooney rule. Nothing like doing the bare minimum to find a new coach.
That or he just had a plan in place and stuck with it. I’m not a huge fan of the hire but based on last years draft, the signing of hitchens and the swiftness of the change they CLEARLY thought it through.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:06 PM 01-24-2019

“I feel that his leadership skills and teaching abilities, combined with his scheme, will be a great fit for our team as we move forward.”

- Andy Reid on new #Chiefs’ DC Steve Spagnuolo.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 25, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:07 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Any good cornerbacks on the market this year?
Nelson is towards the top of the list unfortunately. Draft is where we’ll find em
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:08 PM 01-24-2019
Is Emmitt Thomas confirmed retiring/leaving?

If yes then hopefully they don’t just promote Al Harris.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:08 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No 3-4 defense will trade for a pass rusher with 13 sacks? Really?
I know. People on this site can be really stupid about trade value. The Raiders got 2 firsts for Mack. Granted, Ford is no Mack. But to think that he would only bring a 6th if anything is ridiculous. Pass Rusher is a premium position. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone give up a first for him. Remember. People on here didn't think that we would get anything better than a 3rd or 4th for Smith. Instead, we got Fuller(who was worth at least a second) and a 3rd.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:11 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I know. People on this site can be really stupid about trade value. The Raiders got 2 firsts for Mack. Granted, Ford is no Mack. But to think that he would only bring a 6th if anything is ridiculous. Pass Rusher is a premium position. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone give up a first for him. Remember. People on here didn't think that we would get anything better than a 3rd or 4th for Smith. Instead, we got Fuller(who was worth at least a second) and a 3rd.
Lol it amazes me. Someone earlier said a conditional 7th smh. Plus Mack also brought 2 2’s. A 1st 2nd and 4th is where id start. Settle for a 1 and 3
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:12 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Good. 4-3 under it is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:13 PM 01-24-2019
Teams trade 3rds at the trade deadline for half season rentals. We should be able to get a 2nd and maybe even a 1st if we're lucky.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:14 PM 01-24-2019
Lets remember Amari Cooper got a 1st and looked like shit in OAK. Ford led the league in pressures and plays a premium position.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:14 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Can a change of scenery not bring back the coach that stopped brady twice? I wouldn’t rule it out. His situations the past 3 stops we’re terrible
Where do you keep getting this shit that he stopped Brady twice? Brady faced him twice and went 1-1 and the Patriots had no problems nearly getting 30 again the one other time they went head to head that the Patriots won.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:14 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
That or he just had a plan in place and stuck with it. I’m not a huge fan of the hire but based on last years draft, the signing of hitchens and the swiftness of the change they CLEARLY thought it through.
You think that a Head Coach that barely can bring himself to acknowledge the defense during games actually planned a full year ahead to select players to fit the next scheme?

If he hurt the performance of his current team by selecting players that fit next season's scheme he should be kicked in his nards.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:15 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Teams trade 3rds at the trade deadline for half season rentals. We should be able to get a 2nd and maybe even a 1st if we're lucky.
Bleeding Red says no. So there’s that.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 324
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up