ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 324
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No one is going to trade for ford, it’s not happening
No 3-4 defense will trade for a pass rusher with 13 sacks? Really?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:56 PM 01-24-2019
Just bookmark this thread because I will eat crow if I’m wrong. But we will be around the same next year with less sacks is my call
[Reply]
petegz28 05:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

^
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Andy Reid, his father, the man in charge in KC.......
I know. What I am saying is why would we so desperately want him gone? He's on the staff purely because of nepotism, but at least he does his job. DeLeone better get the fuck out now, with Harris not far behind.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:58 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Houston will probably be a DE
Jones will be a 3-tech
Williams and Nnadi will be DT
Hitchens will be a MLB
O'Daniel will be OLB (weakside probably)
I think that Williams was just signed on a one year deal, so I'm not sure that he'll be back. What about Speaks? I would assume that he's your DE. I assume that Ragland won't be back. Buffalo traded him to us when they switched to a 4-3 because he didn't fit. It'll be interesting to see if Ford is tagged and traded. After this year, he will be starting if he's not traded. And what about Neimann? Does he fit the 4-3?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:58 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No 3-4 defense will trade for a pass rusher with 13 sacks? Really?
You think other teams don’t know we are not going to pay him. He has no place in a 4-3
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And yet Spags routinely coached D's that were worse.
Right now there are three very good explanations for his last three defenses shortcomings. We will see if they are excuses, or if they are reasons. I have no expectations of a consistent top 10 defense. But I really doubt his defense is going to be one of the worst. I think his floor is bottom third with a decent shot to be top 20.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The first indicator about the status quo is if Spagnuolo keeps most of our existing coaches. Giving all the coach speak about how good they are and how they can handle any scheme. That means Reid talked to him about it because he wanted a DC who would keep everything close to the same as it was.

I will be shocked if Britt Reid still isn't coaching for us next year.
Andy can always find a position for Britt, on either side of the ball. Too early to guess what changes Spags will make on position coaches. But he could ax the whole group and Britt could still have a job.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:00 PM 01-24-2019

Well, most fans are stupid and think blitzing is a panacea. Seems like the best way to evaluate a DC is to look at how good his defenses are and weigh that against their talent. YMMV
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:00 PM 01-24-2019
If none of the other coaches are fired then I will be less than thrilled. They are the ones the players spend most if not all their time with and the ILB's and DB's all fucking sucked. Sutton sucked but so did most of the other defensive coaches.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:00 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who gives a shit if Britt Reid is still here? Jones, Bailey, and Nnadi weren't THAT bad. ILBs and DBs were far worse.
The point was about the status quo. Whether Andy hired one of his buddies and everything is going to stay the same? Normally a new coordinator strips things down and kicks ass. They want their guys, not someone else's.

If the only thing that changes is the name of our Defensive Coordinator then that is disappointing.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:00 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Right now there are three very good explanations for his last three defenses shortcomings. We will see if they are excuses, or if they are reasons. I have no expectations of a consistent top 10 defense. But I really doubt his defense is going to be one of the worst. I think his floor is bottom third with a decent shot to be top 20.
Well he has had two 32nd ranked defenses so don’t doubt the man!
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:01 PM 01-24-2019
Barring a complete overhaul of the coaching staff....I'd move Mike Smith to LBs coach, keep Reid at defensive line and trash Harris/Thomas.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:01 PM 01-24-2019

He ain't lying
[Reply]
FringeNC 06:01 PM 01-24-2019
Just saw a horrifying stat about our 2018 defense. We gave up 26.2 first downs per game (wtf?) and the next worse was Cleveland at 23.6.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 324
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up