ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 324
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol Dude, I get it. I’m just explaining why I misunderstood your point.
:-)

So I went to all that work for nothing? :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 01-31-2019
guys, guys, guys. I fixed everything in my mock over in the draft forum. Just fire Veach and hire me at half the money now.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

So I went to all that work for nothing? :-)
Lol It was well thought out and much less confusing than your original post, so good job nonetheless! :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 01-31-2019
Lol It was well thought out and much less confusing than your original post, so good job nonetheless! :-)
I'm anxious to see Speaks back in the 4-3. I think they did him a big disservice last year. Him emerging as a starter means they can do almost anything they want with Houston and/or Ford. He's one of the lynchpins to rebuilding this defense. He reminded me a lot of Tamba Hali in college and I think he has that kind of potential.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:48 AM 01-31-2019
I'm anxious to see Speaks back in the 4-3. I think they did him a big disservice last year. Him emerging as a starter means they can do almost anything they want with Houston and/or Ford. He's one of the lynchpins to rebuilding this defense. He reminded me a lot of Tamba Hali in college and I think he has that kind of potential.
I think so too. Although, really, his job just gets easier, so no harm done.

And, after spending a season trying to learn coverage (TRYING. ahem.) there's always the odd zone blitz a couple of times a season in which he could at least sorta do it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 01-31-2019
Emmitt gone officially
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 01-31-2019
I just keep thinking about how surprising he was at OLB.

I have no doubt he will surprise those that still doubt him despite the position/scheme change.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Emmitt gone officially
Good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 01-31-2019

I have no doubt he will surprise those that still doubt him despite the position/scheme change.
I really like the kid.

And he's a funny kid, like Jones. Those two are going to be hilarious come SB week next year when everyone's talking about how the Chiefs defense was the surprise of the league.

(hope springs eternal. :-) )

*there's my straight up, 100% unapologetic homer take.
[Reply]
Warrick 11:06 AM 01-31-2019
Speaks will never be in the same league as Hali... Speaks is way too slow.
[Reply]
bowener 11:11 AM 01-31-2019
I think there are going to be a lot of people here disappointed when the Chiefs keep Ford on the roster.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:21 AM 01-31-2019

Where do you see Speaks/Ford fitting in with an under/reduced front? I can't see Houston or Ford playing the sam in that front, I wouldn't want either dropping into coverage. I can see Houston as the strong side 5 tech DE, and maybe Hitchens as the sam? I can see DoD as the will.. but not sure on where to float Ford/Speaks (rather have speaks as the weak wide end, and tag/trade ford for either a true mike or sam)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Where do you see Speaks/Ford fitting in with an under/reduced front? I can't see Houston or Ford playing the sam in that front, I wouldn't want either dropping into coverage. I can see Houston as the strong side 5 tech DE, and maybe Hitchens as the sam? I can see DoD as the will.. but not sure on where to float Ford/Speaks (rather have speaks as the weak wide end, and tag/trade ford for either a true mike or sam)
I like Speaks at SDE then sliding down inside to replace Nnadi on passing downs.

I disagree about Houston playing SAM. If Vernon could do it, Houston certainly can.

The question is what happens with Ford. If Ford is tagged and not traded, he’s definitely be the LEO (WDE). If not, I think Houston will be.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:38 AM 01-31-2019
If Reid really does think it's all about interior pressure in the modern NFL, does it make since to pay Dee Ford big bucks?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:46 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
If Reid really does think it's all about interior pressure in the modern NFL, does it make since to pay Dee Ford big bucks?
nope.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 324
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up