ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 211
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:15 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s the only time I even give it a thought but I still can’t get into it. I’d change the rules to allow for more scoring. I don’t get icing or offsides at all. It takes the fast break away in my opinion. Stupid rule.
They got rid of the two-line pass rule for exactly that reason. Won't explain what that is here, but it slowed the game way down.

You have to have the icing rule otherwise a team that had any kind of a lead could just sling the puck the length of the ice at every opportunity. Icing makes the team with the lead have to continue to play hockey.

Getting rid of off-sides has been considered from time to time. Not sure if it would make the game better or worse.

But the reality is that it's just hard to score in hockey. the goal isn't very big, and the goaltenders are just really good. A 'bad' goalie will allow just 3 or so goals in a game on average.

But I get it; hockey isn't for everyone. I got into it because a friend of mine played in high school and played a bit as a minor league goalie.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I am sure many of you will be ready to take away my fan card after the following sentence....

But I dont know why there has been zero talk about how pathetic Yadier Molina was with the bat this postseason. He was constantly coming up in big spots with men on base and failing. One sac fly is literally all I can remember from his postseason. And that's not enough when others are struggling.
He's still a decent defensive catcher, but a pure liability if he's at the plate and not behind it. He needs to hang up his spurs and move on to coaching.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:50 PM 10-16-2019
I am sure many of you will be ready to take away my fan card after the following sentence....

But I dont know why there has been zero talk about how pathetic Yadier Molina was with the bat this postseason. He was constantly coming up in big spots with men on base and failing. One sac fly is literally all I can remember from his postseason. And that's not enough when others are struggling.
He tied the game and won the game against the Braves in game 4.
Most of our hitters sucked this postseason.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 10-16-2019
Wasn't Yadi one of the few Cards that actually got some hits in the post-season?

Not saying he was great at bat, but let's be real, Yadi's importance to the team is behind the plate, not at bat. And his leadership.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:23 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Not really, but a good run nonetheless....
You are such a fucking douche its unreal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 PM 10-16-2019

Originally Posted by Frazod:
He's still a decent defensive catcher, but a pure liability if he's at the plate and not behind it. He needs to hang up his spurs and move on to coaching.
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He tied the game and won the game against the Braves in game 4.
Most of our hitters sucked this postseason.
without him, we don’t win the NLDS. We can’t compare the 38 year old Yadi with 17K innings on those knees to the younger version that was the greatest defensive catcher of his generation.

He’s still at least average in his catching skills but still calls a great game. Although I do hope this is his last year. I’d hate to see a Yadi that has seriously deteriorated skills just hanging on to what once was greatness.
[Reply]
dls6501 08:06 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wasn't Yadi one of the few Cards that actually got some hits in the post-season?

Not saying he was great at bat, but let's be real, Yadi's importance to the team is behind the plate, not at bat. And his leadership.
If you consider getting 5 hits in 9 games "actually getting some hits" then I guess he was. For me, it was the fact that it seemed like he was always up with men on base and he didnt produce.

He slashed .152/.216/.242 in the playoffs this year. Thats Baderesque.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:18 PM 10-16-2019
If you consider getting 5 hits in 9 games "actually getting some hits" then I guess he was. For me, it was the fact that it seemed like he was always up with men on base and he didnt produce.

He slashed .152/.216/.242 in the playoffs this year. Thats Baderesque.
Kind of reminded me of McGwire's last playoff series against the Diamondbacks. Seemed like every time he came up to bat there were runners on base and two outs. Strike one, strike two, strike three, inning over. Everybody on earth knew he was a guaranteed instant out, except for Tony. :-)
[Reply]
VAChief 04:24 AM 10-17-2019
He wasn’t the only one killing us, but he certainly deserves his own criticism.

Yadi batting 5th tells you all you need to know about the state of our position player roster. Batting 8th is where he fits the rest of what is left of his career. He really doesn’t fit there well either, but if you have the other pieces and he continues to hold down opposing running games it is justified.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:07 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
He wasn’t the only one killing us, but he certainly deserves his own criticism.

Yadi batting 5th tells you all you need to know about the state of our position player roster. Batting 8th is where he fits the rest of what is left of his career. He really doesn’t fit there well either, but if you have the other pieces and he continues to hold down opposing running games it is justified.
Yadi throws out Acuna in the first inning seems to have changed their whole series game plan about running. He should have not been batting 5th but as you said, thats more of a statement of our other players than his current offensive skills. Yadi was not one our main issues this year.

Our problem is, as the guest on Bernies podcast said yesterday,....... we need more good dudes...

I don't understand why AL teams aren't interested in Jose Martinez. The dude can obviously hit.

Carlos still has top shelf stuff, maybe we get a team that thinks they can "fix" Carlos focus and make a deal for more offensive production?

Just trade Fowler for whatever we can get, pay the majority of the remaining contract. If its only a bag of baseballs thats fine, we need to just move on. If Mo is your guy, Dewitt needs to just eat the rest of the contract.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:28 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yadi throws out Acuna in the first inning seems to have changed their whole series game plan about running. He should have not been batting 5th but as you said, thats more of a statement of our other players than his current offensive skills. Yadi was not one our main issues this year.

Our problem is, as the guest on Bernies podcast said yesterday,....... we need more good dudes...

I don't understand why AL teams aren't interested in Jose Martinez. The dude can obviously hit.

Carlos still has top shelf stuff, maybe we get a team that thinks they can "fix" Carlos focus and make a deal for more offensive production?

Just trade Fowler for whatever we can get, pay the majority of the remaining contract. If its only a bag of baseballs thats fine, we need to just move on. If Mo is your guy, Dewitt needs to just eat the rest of the contract.
Extending Carp is worse than Fowler. Mo should be fired for that one alone. PGM thinks fire Mo first, but also thinks Shildt is a turd, but ironically Shildt just provided Mo more job security by managing a 4 place team of position players to the NLCS.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:32 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Yadi will never admit it, but he is at the point in his career where if they put him on a schedule where he played 90-100 games he might actually be more productive. The MLB schedule is grueling for an aging body let alone one that plays catcher.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:47 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Yadi will never admit it, but he is at the point in his career where if they put him on a schedule where he played 90-100 games he might actually be more productive. The MLB schedule is grueling for an aging body let alone one that plays catcher.
Oh, I think that's definitely true. He hit much better the first several weeks back from his thumb injury, and it's likely because he was finally rested. I'm sure the grind of the last several weeks of the season wore him down again. The announcers spoke repeatedly about both his hands bothering him.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:56 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Oh, I think that's definitely true. He hit much better the first several weeks back from his thumb injury, and it's likely because he was finally rested. I'm sure the grind of the last several weeks of the season wore him down again. The announcers spoke repeatedly about both his hands bothering him.
I don't think people can fully appreciate the pounding catchers take to their hand from just catching the damn ball (especially as velocity rates climb). I remember in Junior College I had a fellow pitcher who threw low to mid 90's and sometimes we would catch each other in the bullpen. He also threw a heavy ball and occasionally that sink would hit the mitt and just numb the meaty part of my thumb. I can't imagine doing that for 9 innings and then trying to hit.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 10-17-2019
So, next year is gonna be the same squad right? There's not much they can change iirc.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 211
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208 > Last »
Up