ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-19-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.
Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 01:14 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This guy is clearly trolling because I refuse to believe that someone could be so stupid as to make that kind of comment.
Well, it is CP, and this guy is making a huge surge in attempting to over take Sweet Daddy and C.E. in terms of market share of retarded negativism.

He's really putting forth a monumental effort in that regard.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Well, it is CP, and this guy is making a huge surge in attempting to over take Sweet Daddy and C.E. in terms of market share of retarded negativism.

It's unfortunate that a true Ignore function doesn't exist.

FTR, I'm all good with discussion but continually spamming the forum and trolling hour after hour and day after day is annoying.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:21 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:

I don't believe you understand, so I'll lay it out, so you can play it out:

The rest of the season means shit until the next game with Denver. Denver was the litmus test, and Lil' Chiefy failed miserably. Hell, I was even rooting for retarded Lil' Chiefy to finally make hay. Did not occur.

The majority of this upcoming stretch, minus GB, is roughly the equivalent of patting oneself on the back if victory occurs.

Ooh! I beat the Bears!

Whew! A close call with Minnesota!

HERM-A-GERD, DETROIT BOWS TO ME!

:-):-):-)

Do you understand now?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 01:23 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I don't believe you understand, so I'll lay it out, so you can play it out:

The rest of the season means shit until the next game with Denver. Denver was the litmus test, and Lil' Chiefy failed miserably. Hell, I was even rooting for retarded Lil' Chiefy to finally make hay. Did not occur.

The majority of this upcoming stretch, minus GB, is roughly the equivalent of patting oneself on the back if victory occurs.

Ooh! I beat the Bears!

Whew! A close call with Minnesota!

HERM-A-GERD, DETROIT BOWS TO ME!

:-):-):-)

Do you understand now?

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:35 PM 09-20-2015
Fire the ball control coach!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Fire the ball control coach!
And the ball security coach!
[Reply]
BossChief 01:37 PM 09-20-2015
I still wish Vermiel wouldn't have told him to go back to Philly at that dinner and would have signed him in KC.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:41 PM 09-20-2015
I just don't understand the criticism and hate towards Reid for Thursday night's loss. I can't recall any team at any point in time overcoming five turnovers to win a game against a team as formidable as the Broncos and their HOF QB.

I could see how people would go nuts if he had called and end around featuring James O'Shaunessey or Frankie Hammond. But Reid put the ball in the hands of his best offensive player and that player failed to execute.

Let's not pretend like Reid didn't do the smart thing. And for those of you that counter with "play for OT", which would have been foolish against Manning anyway, as Reid said, he played to win the game.
Reid said he gave it to Charles because he is the best running back. Yet he didn't let him run it on the five and instead tried to out think Denver and got in his own way.

Reid has a lot of great qualities as a coach. But whether this game is evidence or not, there really doesn't seem much doubt that Reid struggles mightily to manage a clock and a game. It's happened his whole career.

The whole "he is either a great coach or a terrible coach" is a joke. He has strengths and weaknesses. The clock is an F, and game management is poor as well. The turnovers, and DROPPED turnovers were outrageous, but Reid could have done a lot better.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:45 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Reid said he gave it to Charles because he is the best running back. Yet he didn't let him run it on the five and instead tried to out think Denver and got in his own way.

Reid has a lot of great qualities as a coach. But whether this game is evidence or not, there really doesn't seem much doubt that Reid struggles mightily to manage a clock and a game. It's happened his whole career.

The whole "he is either a great coach or a terrible coach" is a joke. He has strengths and weaknesses. The clock is an F, and game management is poor as well. The turnovers, and DROPPED turnovers were outrageous, but Reid could have done a lot better.
Game management is arguably a coach's biggest GameDay role.

If a Head Coach is not a good game manager, then by proxy, he isn't a good head coach.

It's known as the Herm Edwards rule.
[Reply]
milkman 04:03 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Game management is arguably a coach's biggest GameDay role.

If a Head Coach is not a good game manager, then by proxy, he isn't a good head coach.

It's known as the Herm Edwards rule.
Every coach is going to have strengths and weaknesses.

Whether you like it or not, while Reid's weakness is a liability, a coach like Gruden, who you mentioned elsewhere, isn't good at develoiping talent.

Now Gruden might be better in a short term, win it all, situation, he's not a guy that you can rely on long term.

Reid is far more solid and reliable.

What he needs is a QB that can overcome his shotcoming.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:05 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by milkman:
Every coach is going to have strengths and weaknesses.

Whether you like it or not, while Reid's weakness is a liability, a coach like Gruden, who you mentioned elsewhere, isn't good at develoiping talent.

Now Gruden might be better in a short term, win it all, situation, he's not a guy that you can rely on long term.

Reid is far more solid and reliable.

What he needs is a QB that can overcome his shotcoming.
Fair assessment. Kubiak, for being a tard, knew exactly where his bread was buttered in the end.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 09-20-2015
If it had worked, he would have looked brilliant but it didn't, so he's a goat.

I think most coaches struggle with clock management. It's just usually less evident with a Hall of Fame QB like Brady, Manning, Bree's or Rodgers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:13 PM 09-20-2015
Fair assessment. Kubiak, for being a tard, knew exactly where his bread was buttered in the end.
Kubiak's along for the ride.

He's a proven piece of shit coach and to suggest otherwise is moronic.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:16 PM 09-20-2015
Kubiak's along for the ride.

He's a proven piece of shit coach and to suggest otherwise is moronic.
I believe I did in fact address him as a retard, yes?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:39 PM 09-20-2015
I believe I did in fact address him as a retard, yes?
Sorry, I missed the 'tard reference
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up