ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jeremiah Trotter thinks Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games
rabblerouser 09:34 PM 09-19-2015
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lot-of-games/

Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
*by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.
Good coaches don't get out coached in a lot of games.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:36 PM 09-19-2015
Nice to get some validation for what most of us thought. Reid is a rah rah guy who rode a borderline HOF QB and a definite HOF D coordinator to all his success.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:38 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Nice to get some validation for what most of us thought. Reid is a rah rah guy who rode a borderline HOF QB and a definite HOF D coordinator to all his success.
It's just a fact at this point.
[Reply]
TheUte 09:44 PM 09-19-2015
He hasn't been out coached, he over thinks it and gets too cute.

1st and goal, run the fucking rock 4 times if needed.

It seems more like play calling than coaching that he struggles with
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:46 PM 09-19-2015
Piss and frustration.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:47 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by TheUte:
He hasn't been out coached, he over thinks it and gets too cute.

1st and goal, run the fucking rock 4 times if needed.

It seems more like play calling than coaching that he struggles with
Goddamn he DID find his perfect QB, didn't he?
[Reply]
tk13 09:49 PM 09-19-2015
This is funny because Trotter struggled unless he was playing for Reid, which is why he kept going back to Philly and played for them three separate times.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:50 PM 09-19-2015
He is more than a rah-rah guy. The team has great starts to games sometimes, including both times this year. I think he is a coach that does a good job getting his team ready to play, save for the titan game. But in the heat of the game he doesn't always adjust well and clearly has no clue how to pace a game or run a clock.

He outsmarts himself and seems afraid to go the "running well" too often when it's working. Him and his staff have gotten average guys to work in roles for periods of times. He had a lot to do with the eagles run. Saying otherwise is exaggerating to make a point. But it's no coincidence that in big games, when the little things are magnified, that his teams usually came up short.

His press conference shows how he really is oblivious or unwilling to admit his faults.
[Reply]
TheUte 09:51 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Goddamn he DID find his perfect QB, didn't he?
JFC, are you for real.
[Reply]
DeepBallAlex 09:52 PM 09-19-2015
Reid is the typical genius. He has no common sense whatsoever.
[Reply]
Smed1065 09:52 PM 09-19-2015
Time for a play-caller like an OC that calls plays even if just the last 5 minutes per quarter.. SMH
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 PM 09-19-2015
Doug Pederson calls the plays in the preseason games.

I wonder what would happen if Clark said, "Hey Andy, I want you to let Doug do what most offensive coordinators do and have him call the plays. That's all. Keep up the good work."
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:04 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Doug Pederson calls the plays in the preseason games.

I wonder what would happen if Clark said, "Hey Andy, I want you to let Doug do what most offensive coordinators do and have him call the plays. That's all. Keep up the good work."
"I, ah...mmm....cheeseburger......fuck".
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 10:07 PM 09-19-2015
let andy coach all he wants, until game day
then lock his ass inna small room with lots of food
let pederson call the game
[Reply]
milkman 10:08 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is funny because Trotter struggled unless he was playing for Reid, which is why he kept going back to Philly and played for them three separate times.
Jim Johnson might had something to do with that.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up