ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 440 of 460
« First < 340390430436437438439440 441442443444450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Prob wasn't a par 70
[Reply]
BWillie 08:43 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They don't care. They're the stupid cocksuckers that ruined the traditional format in favor of rounds you could shoot in Tiger Woods 2005.
Let's see you go play it. See how you do
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:22 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Let's see you go play it. See how you do
It's not supposed to test me. It's supposed to test the best players in the world. The course choice is a joke, and they were caught with their pants down. If you need the weather to act differently from how it normally does for the course to pose a challenge, then you chose the wrong course.

The USGA no longer places any importance on driving accuracy when this tournament used to be the hardest test of driving.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:35 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not supposed to test me. It's supposed to test the best players in the world. The course choice is a joke, and they were caught with their pants down. If you need the weather to act differently from how it normally does for the course to pose a challenge, then you chose the wrong course.

The USGA no longer places any importance on driving accuracy when this tournament used to be the hardest test of driving.
Bryson Dechambeau won a few years ago by just bombing it. He hit plenty out of the thick rough. The difference was he was hitting wedges and 9i and other players had to try to hit 6i or 7i. If anything thick US Open style rough can make just hitting the piss out of the ball the play.

There is a massssive difference in trying to hit a mid iron out of the rough compared to a short iron. I don't really think fairways hit is that big of a difference from top to bottom. Most players there is a 8 to 10% difference in fairways hit. But Rory is always gonna bomb it 330 and poor little Chez Reavie gonna hit not even as far as I do. Guys like him are completely fucked. They can't ever hit 330 on avg.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Bryson Dechambeau won a few years ago by just bombing it. He hit plenty out of the thick rough. The difference was he was hitting wedges and 9i and other players had to try to hit 6i or 7i. If anything thick US Open style rough can make just hitting the piss out of the ball the play.

There is a massssive difference in trying to hit a mid iron out of the rough compared to a short iron. I don't really think fairways hit is that big of a difference from top to bottom. Most players there is a 8 to 10% difference in fairways hit. But Rory is always gonna bomb it 330 and poor little Chez Reavie gonna hit not even as far as I do. Guys like him are completely ****ed. They can't ever hit 330 on avg.
The problem with this course is that players like Rory and DJ can bomb it 330 every hole with no fear of going into the rough because their fairways are so wide and play wedges into virtually every hole. It's a total joke.

DJ basically didn't even make a putt today and he shot 64.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:44 PM 06-15-2023
DeChambeau was playing in September, not June. That course did not have the same teeth it would have in the summer because it was neither firm nor fast and the baked out greens will not hold shots from that rough, even with a nine iron, and Winged Foot had removed thousands of trees.
[Reply]
srvy 10:48 PM 06-15-2023
Anytime the US Open has a course with tight fairways and thick deep rough the players whine and cry to anyone with a mic and camera. Scream bloody murder do you want our open to be won above par. The tour pros won and the USGA has backed off. It will now be the open of long bombers.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:52 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Anytime the US Open has a course with tight fairways and thick deep rough the players whine and cry to anyone with a mic and camera. Scream bloody murder do you want our open to be won above par. The tour pros won and the USGA has backed off. It will now be the open of long bombers.
Hitting the ball far is important. There is a club pro sitting on his ass somewhere reading the paper who hits 280 and thats simply the only reason he isn't making money by playing golf.
[Reply]
tk13 11:13 PM 06-15-2023
No surprise but they're definitely shoving the pins off onto the edges tomorrow to try and knock the scores down. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Friday's pin sheet.

(courtesy of @Mike_kim714) pic.twitter.com/Q3GNZjhjVB

— No Laying Up (@NoLayingUp) June 16, 2023

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:06 PM 06-16-2023
To paraphrase the great urban poet Ice Cube, they're ripping this course's asshole apart.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:54 PM 06-16-2023
Eat fuck pie, Doucheambeau.
[Reply]
kstater 04:28 PM 06-16-2023
70-80 players are gonna make the cut. And smash the reecord for cut line. +4 last year and 03. Gonna be +2.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:23 PM 06-16-2023
Saw that Fowler was in the lead....that would be nice if he won.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:43 PM 06-16-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Saw that Fowler was in the lead....that would be nice if he won.
He looks like Leonardo Dicaprio.
[Reply]
Iron Chef 05:11 AM 06-17-2023
Happy Father's Day to me.
Attached: B21.jpg (268.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 440 of 460
« First < 340390430436437438439440 441442443444450 > Last »
Up